First home, Altona?

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice on Altona. Area seems to be up and coming, but proximity to industry is obviously a concern.

Looking around the 550k mark and wondering whether Altona is a good investment, or whether I should be looking at more established areas.

Could probably get more for my 550k in Altona than I would in the southeast, where I'm renting.

Appreciate any advice.
WJW

Thanks, I had had a read of that thread.

To be a bit more specific, I can look at 3 bedroom houses in Altona or units/apartments in more 'established' south-east suburbs.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice in terms of investment prospects in Altona.

Cheers.

Having looked at Altona on RE.com.au just now I think some of you Mexicans need to relocate to Qld and look at real opportunities for the medium term....Some of those prices are ridiculous for a place that has limited real potential in my opinion...........it never impressed me greatly last Dec when I was there..each to their own I guess...guess Im use to quality beaches and a lifestyle to boot in sunny Qld.

Having looked at Altona on RE.com.au just now I think some of you Mexicans need to relocate to Qld and look at real opportunities for the medium term....Some of those prices are ridiculous for a place that has limited real potential in my opinion...........it never impressed me greatly last Dec when I was there..each to their own I guess...guess Im use to quality beaches and a lifestyle to boot in sunny Qld.

If someone chooses to live in Melbourne - suggesting that they buy a home in Qld instead is hardly useful advice.

If someone chooses to live in Melbourne - suggesting that they buy a home in Qld instead is hardly useful advice.

.....Oh, you are dead wrong.... its very good advice for someone with intellect to consider.... may pay to look at the idea yourself actually.....opportunities abound for those that have the foresight to look without rose coloured glasses, to learn and act decisively.

You should always be prepared for others advice, be it tongue in cheek! Lighten up sunshine....the world just doesnt revolve around Melbourne to make money.

Back