First Home Buyer looking in SE Melbourne

Hi Jaguar Driver, thanks for your advice.

What's your thoughts about the alternative of purchasing in suburbs adjacent to areas like Glen Waverley and Wheelers Hill that will have the flowout effect, especially where property prices may be pushed up by Chinese migrants, as Melbournian and 8Faye alluded to, compared to a blue chip suburb closer to the CBD?

I guess this is one reason that has got me asking myself whether it may be a good idea to purchase in areas like Mulgrave, Wantirna, Vermont & Rowville (where you can get more land witht he same $$$ and at the ame time there are drivers such as Chinese migrants, etc pushing the land value up like what has already happened with suburbs like Glen Waverley and Wheeler's Hill).

I think Vermont & Wartirna are already up (but not as high as Glen Waverley & Wheelers Hill)..
So I think, Mulgrave & Rowville are the one..
Just my 2 cents.. ;)

Hi Jaguar Driver, thanks for your advice.

What's your thoughts about the alternative of purchasing in suburbs adjacent to areas like Glen Waverley and Wheelers Hill that will have the flowout effect, especially where property prices may be pushed up by Chinese migrants, as Melbournian and 8Faye alluded to, compared to a blue chip suburb closer to the CBD?

I guess this is one reason that has got me asking myself whether it may be a good idea to purchase in areas like Mulgrave, Wantirna, Vermont & Rowville (where you can get more land witht he same $$$ and at the ame time there are drivers such as Chinese migrants, etc pushing the land value up like what has already happened with suburbs like Glen Waverley and Wheeler's Hill).
I don't know those areas well enough to advise. However, as a general rule, next door Neighbourhoods are the next best thing if you can't afford blue chips themselves.

IMO you can't go wrong around vermont, heathmont, ringwood and even Bayswater in the years to come. Great public transport and huge government spending in the hub of ringwood.

Back