First time poster.

First post so thought I'd introduce myself before I ask any questions.

From SA, just hit the 40 mark and have also just started again investing in property.

In my 20s I purchased a few units, houses, renovated 1 of them had for around 4-5 years then sold them all. Yes should of kept them but at the time thought right thing to do as starting family etc. Had a play with shares for a few years and now have got back into property as I feel more comfortable with it.

I plan to buy and hold either new or near near property, (not fussed if it house, unit etc so long as the numbers stack up) and hopefully purchase well enough and follow rixters plan.

Have purchased a house and land in NSW, a unit in Perth and now looking in Brisbane, as most are I guess.
Have been looking around Sunnybank, Mt Gravatt, and also Coopers Plains areas.

What's peoples thoughts on Coopers Plains, noticed a area getting redeveloped
by Colliiers, similar to fitzgibbon chase I guess.
Any thoughts on the area?

Thanks in advance, and I'm also a plumber so if you need any help with anything let me know and I'll try and help.:)

Welcome Crowbar

Love the username and it's application to leverage :D

We could all look back on anything sold and be remorseful on the lost CG, however, here's hoping the funds were put to higher use (or as IV says, Velocity) ;)

Have been looking around Sunnybank, Mt Gravatt, and also Coopers Plains areas.

What's peoples thoughts on Coopers Plains, noticed a area getting redeveloped
by Colliiers, similar to fitzgibbon chase I guess.
Any thoughts on the area?

Thanks in advance, and I'm also a plumber so if you need any help with anything let me know and I'll try and help.:)
I was watching that area a bit a few years ago. I saw a few houses sell in high 3's, early 4's. They were around mostly original 60 year old houses, deceased estates, 3 bed on about 600sqm. A couple of houses I watched we're bought by Asians and they would work really hard on the properties, along with relies, and transform them over a couple of months. I thought it was a quiet, undiscovered little pocket with potential. The other side I saw of it though was, ' for lease' signs on houses for long periods. I would check how high demand is for rent around the Coopers Plains/ Sunnybank border area.

Yeah I think mount gravatt is the better choice out of those options, I would be careful about coopers plains as it is very industrial. It borders rocklea (possibly the cheapest suburb in Brisbane due to being very flood prone). CP does have a train line and employment opportunities but if I was looking at that area I would choose moorooka or salisbury where people are more likely want to rent.

Thanks for the comments and info.
Leaning towards mt Gravatt at the moment although getting up in price a bit. Anyway do some more research, see what I can come up with.

Does anyone know much about the cornerstone living in coopers plains, whole new development going on?

Back