First Time Subdividing

Hi gooram,

Can you please explain why that would be beneficial, this is all new to me.

Thanks
In terms of subdividing land: freehold (green title) is the most expensive in terms of application fees and servicing costs (electricity, water, sewer etc), survey strata is next and strata is the cheapest. The downside is that tenure affects end value, so generally: freehold is worth the most and strata is worth the least, although this is changing. You would have to talk to local agents to find out if buyers in your area are tenure snobs. Having common property vs no common property may lower the value of your land.

Speaking with local REA they have also advised that in their opinion a survey strata would be a better option although there are still those that get turned off when they hear strata without knowing anything about difference /similarity to a green title

They said if they were to sell our front property, they would market it the fact that you can build on a larger ratio of the lot compared to green title.

On another note, can anyone reccomend a a company to remove the shed/garage. There is minimal demo work required, but I do fear there may be asbestos in the shed ( behind the garage)

I also think I may need to carry out a soil inspection. We had a concrete pool removed 2 years ago and I want to make sure the area is ok (compacted adequately) for construction. Any reccomendation appreciated.

Thinking about it further will i need to get any soil/compaction testing done, wouldn't the builder carry this out as part of their site works prior to construction?

Yes, They would. But you'll also need this as part of your subdivision, prior to building stage (as well). WAPC wants earthworks plans, drainage etc. (others can give you more specific information about this)

Will do, i will keep a cost summary in the first post.

In the meantime, can anyone recommend contractors for the following:

- Demolitions company (there may be aspestos in shed that needs removing)
- Bricklayers
- Plumber for water & sewer works
- Fencing contractors

I will be able to post some photos soon of the property what is being done.

I will more than likely be subdividing our own carlisle property soon.

2 con-current sub-division projects on the go at one time :eek:

freehold is worth the most and strata is worth the least, although this is changing. You would have to talk to local agents to find out if buyers in your area are tenure snobs. Having common property vs no common property may lower the value of your land.

Survey Strata No CP and Green Title are pretty much on par for values IME.

But you're right on the tenure snobs - have to double check. Of course, every agent will want a green title at anyone's expense, if offered, because it *might* make their job a bit easier.

Sub dividing in Riverton

Dear friends

This forum has helped me to learn lot of tricks in buying houses. Thank you everybody for your contributions.

Currently, I hold few sub-dividable IPs and I am planning to sub-divide my IP in Riverton first as it is easier than other IPs.

I need your advice as what is the best way to sub-divide this block to get maximum capital appreciation. I am not looking at selling the new houses but plan to keep the properties as IP for my retirement income.

Area of block -921 SQM. Zoning -R 17 / R 25 with a frontage of 21 M. The existing 1960's house is in the center of the block and needs to be demolished. I notice that there are lot of 2 front facing 4/2 houses built on similar block, with virtually no gap between the two houses.

My idea is to build 3 X 3/2 houses on common drive way and rent it out.
Please suggest me best options. Thank you.

Area of block -921 SQM. Zoning -R 17 / R 25 with a frontage of 21 M. The existing 1960's house is in the center of the block and needs to be demolished. I notice that there are lot of 2 front facing 4/2 houses built on similar block, with virtually no gap between the two houses.

My idea is to build 3 X 3/2 houses on common drive way and rent it out.
Please suggest me best options. Thank you.

I'm not great with r-codes and zoning, but I don't think you'll be allowed more than 2 houses on that size lot for r25...

R25 requires avg 350sqm, 3x350=1050, 1050>921

Back