First time to sell

Hi All

I would like to ask a few questions in regards to selling property. I have a unit in Guildford. I am looking to sell it. I've contacted two local agencies. Agency A says they want me to sign an exclusive 3 month contract allowing only them to sell the property and they are going to charge me 500 dollars for advertising costs upon selling or withdrawal of the property. Agency B is willing to do this for free and both agencies charge the same 2.5% commission.

What are the questions or things I should find out about the agencies before deciding which one(s) to go with? Or does it not really matter which agency I go with?

Thanks in advance!
wwwqi

Christian has given you the best piece of advice.
You also want a 'marketing plan' to see how they go about advertising the property. No point accepting the free advertising offer if it doesn't get any exposure is there.

Start with a list of questions. See attached. Good luck :)

Attachments

• 20 Questions to ask your selling agent.doc
    28 KB · Views: 166
And another thing....

Before you consider putting it on the market, if you're keen to sell privately instead send me a PM with the details or email to [email protected] We retain private sales for 4 mths in case we have potential buyers. Please include pics, address, location, current rent, strata costs etc.
Best of luck :)

sorry to hijack.. has anyone done private selling? there's alot of site that are offering prices around the $500 mark to put ads on realestate.com.au &/or domain.com.au and wandering if anyone has private selling experiences by doing so?

sorry to hijack.. has anyone done private selling? there's alot of site that are offering prices around the $500 mark to put ads on realestate.com.au &/or domain.com.au and wandering if anyone has private selling experiences by doing so?

Yep and Its pretty easy if you ask me. If the property you are selling is in an good location, you dont even need to advertise on REA or Domain. Just stick a sign out the front.

Yep and Its pretty easy if you ask me. If the property you are selling is in an good location, you dont even need to advertise on REA or Domain. Just stick a sign out the front.

But to get the best price means reaching the most potential purchasers. $500 in your case would still be a tiny price to pay which should be returned many times over with a higher price.

Back