First world problems

A local professional was forced to sell his Porsche 911 as he was too fat to get in and out of it. Funny cause it's true.

Did you make him a ridiculous offer on it? I would have. ...... fat people
(Can I say that on Friday afternoon after a chardy?)

Did you make him a ridiculous offer on it? I would have. ...... fat people
(Can I say that on Friday afternoon after a chardy?)

He sold it before I found out but probably a good thing I didn't as my car was trashed in the hail storm 2 weeks ago.

When I was making my cup of tea the paper end of the string fell into the boiling water :(
LOL!

I often make a "traveller cuppa" for my wife so she can have a relaxing sip on her way to work (only a 20 min commute), and I do the same bloody thing - drop the cord in the tea..

Actually; what happens is the flow of water from the kettle drags it in.

So, now I have to hold the paper tag, and pour at the same time.

It's simply too much.

Ruins the day.

I found this 1750 BC problem interesting. Here is the translation:
Sorry about the pic size.

Tell Ea-nasir: Nanni sends the following message:
When you came, you said to me as follows : "I will give Gimil-Sin (when he comes) fine quality copper ingots." You left then but you did not do what you promised me. You put ingots which were not good before my messenger (Sit-Sin) and said: "If you want to take them, take them; if you do not want to take them, go away!"

What do you take me for, that you treat somebody like me with such contempt? I have sent as messengers gentlemen like ourselves to collect the bag with my money (deposited with you) but you have treated me with contempt by sending them back to me empty-handed several times, and that through enemy territory. Is there anyone among the merchants who trade with Telmun who has treated me in this way? You alone treat my messenger with contempt! On account of that one (trifling) mina of silver which I owe(?) you, you feel free to speak in such a way, while I have given to the palace on your behalf 1,080 pounds of copper, and umi-abum has likewise given 1,080 pounds of copper, apart from what we both have had written on a sealed tablet to be kept in the temple of Samas.

How have you treated me for that copper? You have withheld my money bag from me in enemy territory; it is now up to you to restore (my money) to me in full.
Take cognizance that (from now on) I will not accept here any copper from you that is not of fine quality. I shall (from now on) select and take the ingots individually in my own yard, and I shall exercise against you my right of rejection because you have treated me with contempt.

yyI3n5i.jpeg

Realising you have left the tv remote on the OTHER side table after you sit down.
Haha! I have a tv/blu ray first world problem. Samsung servers are down so I can't do anything with my tv or blu ray player. I can't even stream content from my media server on my internal network. To watch a show I had to copy the show onto a memory stick and watch it off that. Old skool. It is so a first world problem though.

My #firstworldproblem is being annoyed at the misuse of the word 'devastated' :p

In these parts it's just shortened to 'devo'

Mum 1. "We booked out Adventure World for Tysons 5th Birthday Party, but we'll have to move it to Timezone as there are wild storms that day"
Mum 2. "Ohhh, he'll be Devo"

LOL!

I often make a "traveller cuppa" for my wife so she can have a relaxing sip on her way to work (only a 20 min commute), and I do the same bloody thing - drop the cord in the tea..

Actually; what happens is the flow of water from the kettle drags it in.

So, now I have to hold the paper tag, and pour at the same time.

It's simply too much.

Ruins the day.

Wrap the tag around the cup handle first :D

I always forget to press 9 to dial out of the office phone before the number.

However, because phone numbers start with a 9, all that happens is I dial a landline and sit there for 10 seconds until it gives me a message saying a call couldn't be connected.

I just use the mobile now even when I am in the office.

The aerator on the kitchen tap makes the flow so slow that it takes ages to fill the sink up for washing the wine glasses.

Back