First World probs

First World Problem:

I got a $500 christmas bonus from work today, 3 weeks late because I was in Broome on a work trip when they gave out the bonuses to other staff.

Whats worse, is that its in $100 notes and they aren't widely accepted since no one can be bothered giving me that much change.

First World Problem:

I got a $500 christmas bonus from work today, 3 weeks late because I was in Broome on a work trip when they gave out the bonuses to other staff.

Whats worse, is that its in $100 notes and they aren't widely accepted since no one can be bothered giving me that much change.

The Aussie Peso isn't worth much anyway! :p

pinkboy

I've just recently moved buildings at work. My old building had 3 types of filtered water taps - hot, room temp and cold. I drink room temp water. I move to my new building and there's only hot and cold filtered water taps.

Now I'm having difficulties finding the right ratio of cold and hot water to get room temp. And I keep melting the necks of my water bottles.

Woe is me.

Not sure if this was a serious post or not, but here goes.

1. Go to the tap.
2. Pour a tall glass of water from the cold tap.
3. Wait fifteen minutes.
4. Drink your room temperature water.

Mind blown, right?

Lol, yes 100% serious. We're talking FWP here and if I'm thirsty I don't want to have to wait for my drink to warm up.

The people who set the temp in my building believe that a low temperature means a more productive workforce which sucks because it's always high teens and no warmer. And it also means it takes a lot longer for cold water to become room temperature. Hot coffee on the other hand...

Lol, yes 100% serious. We're talking FWP here and if I'm thirsty I don't want to have to wait for my drink to warm up.

The people who set the temp in my building believe that a low temperature means a more productive workforce which sucks because it's always high teens and no warmer. And it also means it takes a lot longer for cold water to become room temperature. Hot coffee on the other hand...

Fwp?

Just get a cold one and micro for 3 seconds? :p

Then I get strange looks from the people I work with. I do that with juice at home though.

Arent you in cairns? I thought you'd welcome bloody cold stuff.

Just thought of fwp, I reckon its friends with penalties ie the opposite to fwb ;)

Could you hand the boss a brochure from Energex showing how much $$$ they will save by having the air con at a normal temperature?

Could you hand the boss a brochure from Energex showing how much $$$ they will save by having the air con at a normal temperature?

I wish! Everyone else would be whinging saying the building is too warm then, it seems to be only myself that has a low tolerance to the cold.

The building is one of those 6 green star rated environmentally friendly buildings so it's not heated or cooled in the traditional way. From what I understand (and see) there's pipes all over the ceiling that has water running through them and that's how the building is cooled.

First World Problem:

Deposit it onto your IP loan or consumer debt and pretend it was money you never received normally.

Banks seem to like deposits of $100 nores

if I'm thirsty I don't want to have to wait for my drink to warm up.

Well then here is what you do. Fill up your drink bottle at the end of the day. Take it home/leave it on your desk, whichever you prefer. When you come in, in the morning, pour yourself a tall glass of cold water. Drink the room temperature water while the cold water is warming up. Repeat as required.

It's really not rocket science.

I work in a "green" building we have lovingly nicknamed "siberia". I challenge those who have the theory it makes the workforce more productive. If they knew how much time the staff spent whinging about how cold it is, they would change their views on productivity. #firstwordproblems

I have to take my hat off to Bayview, such a great thread, wish I had thought of it, so much fun.:)

Back to some serious issues....

We have disgusting blow flies coming into our house, basically they stream in, I spend my day killing them..wish I had a gun:eek:, my West Highland doggy is a blow fly catcher, she goes for them, most of the time she is not successful, she is a shorty ar.se unfortunately (check out her little legs in the avatar:)). But we still can not figure out how they get in.

We have a doggy door in laundry, we now have shut this off, they can not get in here and we suspect this was the initial problem as we also left wet food in the laundry, we no longer do this, things did improve for a short time. We have pretty much eliminated everything other than out aircon vents, but I seriously doubt they can get in via the vent??

Can you imagine how disturbing this scenario has been, we have spent nights trying to work out how the blow flies get in.

Anyone got any idea/suggestions, what should we check??

By the way I do use fly spray, tried every product they are all bad, bring back the days when mum used DDT, yes I am still alive.. and yes, it did work

Office workshop computer keeps shutting down due to overheating (no air con).

My misses read a statement to me yesterday which made me laugh. It's so true.

Before you marry a person you should first make them use a computer with slow internet to see how who they really are.

My work computer is lucky it's still on the second floor of the building.

My misses read a statement to me yesterday which made me laugh. It's so true.

Before you marry a person you should first make them use a computer with slow internet to see how who they really are.

My work computer is lucky it's still on the second floor of the building.
Solved the problem - put a fan directly in front of the computer on the desk behind the counter, draped a soaking wet thin tea-towel over the counter so it hung just above the front vents of the computer.

Fan evaporates the water and provides cooler air on the computer.

No more issues after this.

Luckily our heat waves in Melb only last 3 days.

Back