First World probs

e901af3373939392455268ed41d45a96.jpg

I was outside blaming the extra rain for making me spend one of my five days off doing some extra mowing.

Those people who don't have houses or rest days must have it easy.

You're an industrious sort of fella'

You could find some more on one of your training rides:

http://www.kfcqld.com.au/locators/Locator/locator-7--search-Rockhampton

:) :D
Is it just me, or is KFC shocking value for money?

And don't start me on the quality of the buns.

They sure have got the kids sucked in....notice that every fast food ad features almost 100% 20-25 year old gorgeous talent doing the acting?...

Demographic age-group target? Interchange with Subway, Coke, Red Rooster, Maccas (although Maccas do try the family angle to snare the punters), and even Hungry Jacks.

Vomitron.

Of course; in reality it is the 90% of the population that are yer beached whales eatin' the stuff.

I had to take my son into the city a while ago for a dentist appointment. It's a 3 monthly thing for the "No-Brace" program...him and I go.

Our usual ritual on this trip is to buy some cr@p food at the end of it - the once-in-a-blue-moon junk food treat...KFC or Maccas etc.

I buy either Hungry Jacks...the burgers are better! Or a sushi platter at the Japanese take away bar nearby.

Anyway; we were walking past the Swanston st KFC and it was right on opening time...but they hadn't opened yet...running a tad late.

Here was this humongously obese Chinese looking bloke of about 25, absolutely smashing on the door as loud as possible with both fists, and screaming his head off at the staff (who were inside) to open the door!!

Talk about desperate for a fix...

Talk about a first world prob! :D

Last edited:
Subway actually ran an ad with an Asian person recently. One doesn't see many at all in any of the fast food ads despite so many staff being non Anglo.

They sure have got the kids sucked in....notice that every fast food ad features almost 100% 20-25 year old gorgeous talent doing the acting?...

That's always been the case. Those companies have been ploughing that very lucrative trough for decades now.

The teeny boppers look up to them. Their own age group think they are spunky, and the wrinklies remember what the cool group looked like, covering all bases.

What would be great to see would be ads showing long term users of products they are promoting.

• Malboro man on his horse after 2 packs a day for 40 years. How's his lungs ??
  • Elle MacPherson after downing 2 cans of TAB every day since the early 80's.
  • Young couple munching on a bucket of KFC every day for 30 years.

Didn't some fit young man try and live off only McDonalds for only 30 days...nearly killed the bugger !!

That's always been the case. Those companies have been ploughing that very lucrative trough for decades now.

The teeny boppers look up to them. Their own age group think they are spunky, and the wrinklies remember what the cool group looked like, covering all bases.

What would be great to see would be ads showing long term users of products they are promoting.

• Malboro man on his horse after 2 packs a day for 40 years. How's his lungs ??
  • Elle MacPherson after downing 2 cans of TAB every day since the early 80's.
  • Young couple munching on a bucket of KFC every day for 30 years.

Didn't some fit young man try and live off only McDonalds for only 30 days...nearly killed the bugger !!
Yes; I'd like to see a few more Elle MacPherson ads!...

The difference these days, Dazz - and the thing that staggers me the most about it all - is the mountain of instant and well documented evidence available to all of us about the dangers of all these products...ciggies, junk food etc,

Yet you still see loads of young kids (well; I do anyway) smoking on the way to the school bus stop, and loads of fat kids (and their parents) chowing down on a KFC or whatever and washing it all down with a bucket of coke etc.

I would have thought the kids would be a wake up to it all by now...

Don't know about you, but I can easily go a year without a fast food chain meal, yet the kids will ask for it almost every time we get in the car...disappointment plagues their lives. ;)

Really...?

Come on.....geeze mate.
My iPad is the best thing ever.

You are just so anti Apple it's got you blinkered.

Take a bex and a good lie down...it'll be alright.;)

Thats great.
I regret buying mine. And it annoys me when clients buy them and expect to be able to operate in their workplaces with a toy rather than a piece of business equipment.

Back