First World probs

I've found that husbands are good for getting did of spiders and opening jars. There's not much other use for us.

That's hardly fair! I'm also good at reaching things on the top shelf and... ummm, well... hmmm...

Did I mention that I can get things off the top shelf?!?

Do greenies/animal lovers kill spiders?

I never used to but now that we have a baby I get paranoid, so depending on the spider I do occasionally squash instead of catch and release. But I try very hard to take it out with one big thwack so it doesn't feel any pain.

Same here- except I will kill red back spiders.

We don't have poisionous spiders, snakes etc in Canada.
I keep forgetting to be afraid of them here.
The other day I saw a spider on the floor about the size of a 50c, so I called Rob and asked if I should be concerned. Nah...it's just a small huntsman, he said.

Still suffering analysis paralysis over picking flights to Japan. Driving myself silly because I've been reviewing this seat pitch vs that seat pitch blah blah
Life was simpler when there was just Qantas and no google. Of course it was a lot more expensive then.
I do think I have found a winner with Malaysia Airlines return business class for $2990 pax. I just have to stop reading the reviews of the business class seat that reckon it sux.
It might suck compared to other business class seats but as I've never enjoyed those it might be like heaven compared to a Jetstar economy seat.

Still suffering analysis paralysis over picking flights to Japan. Driving myself silly because I've been reviewing this seat pitch vs that seat pitch blah blah
Life was simpler when there was just Qantas and no google. Of course it was a lot more expensive then.
I do think I have found a winner with Malaysia Airlines return business class for $2990 pax. I just have to stop reading the reviews of the business class seat that reckon it sux.
It might suck compared to other business class seats but as I've never enjoyed those it might be like heaven compared to a Jetstar economy seat.
I think that is the right mindset; be happy you can even go business class.

Reading reviews of things opens up what the tastes and expectations are of the reviewer.

Many folk are fussy, difficult and basically; pain in the @rse high maintenance sooks.

Because they are paying a massive dollar for their seat versus cattle class, they then expect a much higher level of comfort/service whatever.

This is probably justifiable, but where do they stop and say; "Hey; this is pretty good for my money"

We found that when looking at cabins etc to stay in on our weekend trips while living in the USA, we had to go for elcheapo places so we could maximise the dollars for the actual activities.

Many times the reviews were a mixture of good and bad, and we'd book them anyway.

They would invariably turn out to be not too bad - and keep in mind what the cost was - not much...

So; our observation is you just can't please some folks.

I'd love to go anywhere in business class instead of cattle class all the time.

FIRST WORLD PROB: Trying to decide what to write in my reviews about anything. :D

Last edited:
Reading reviews of things opens up what the tastes and expectations are of the reviewer.

I was researching hotels recently for our Europe trip next year and the things people complain about are hilarious. One stated "It was too windy outside"

I'm not sure how that's the fault of the hotel :p

I've just recently moved buildings at work. My old building had 3 types of filtered water taps - hot, room temp and cold. I drink room temp water. I move to my new building and there's only hot and cold filtered water taps.

Now I'm having difficulties finding the right ratio of cold and hot water to get room temp. And I keep melting the necks of my water bottles.

Woe is me.

I've just recently moved buildings at work. My old building had 3 types of filtered water taps - hot, room temp and cold. I drink room temp water. I move to my new building and there's only hot and cold filtered water taps.

Now I'm having difficulties finding the right ratio of cold and hot water to get room temp. And I keep melting the necks of my water bottles.

Woe is me.

I would never drink warm/hot water from a storage tap like that. They will never be hot enough to kill the bugs.
http://ideas.health.vic.gov.au/diseases/legionnaires-disease-facts.asp

While mostly not an issue in oz, it's good practice

I think that is the right mindset; be happy you can even go business class.

Many folk are fussy, difficult and basically; pain in the @rse high maintenance sooks.
:D

Thanks BV. You're right it's generally the world of sooks which take the time to right reviews too. Everyone that is happy tends to write nothing unless it was outstanding service.
My favourite hotel chain receives terribly mixed reviews but I always have a great time as I go for different reasons other than what brand of shampoo is in the bathroom.
I suspect I will be happy as a pig in mud in any business class seat and DH will have a quicker recovery time which we always have to allow for thanks to his 6'4" frame which has titanium screws and artificial discs in his back holding it all together.

FWIW ive flown MAS business before and it's pretty good. Not sure how consistent their planes are but i was happy with the one i got. Will you be stopping in KL for long? The business class lounge there is pretty good.

The price is very good one too

FWIW ive flown MAS business before and it's pretty good. Not sure how consistent their planes are but i was happy with the one i got. Will you be stopping in KL for long? The business class lounge there is pretty good.

The price is very good one too

1.5hrs on the way over and 3hrs on the way back.
The price is awesome. It was a juggle of dates to try and get the best deal with only one stop and not exceed 14hr travel/transit. Next best price was more than $1000 more x 5.

I cashed in the FF points and came back from the UK in MAS business class. The massage function in the flat bed was on for most of the way!

Very nice...

Husband orderd some online items from the camping store that's about 7 minutes away by car the other day and then stated he hoped they didn't take more than the stated 2 day delivery time.

Last edited:
Back