Fisrt Home Buyer Q's`

I did just think that.... There are some ways I could work this in my favour. eg suppose the vendor was willing to settle on a price if I were to re-new the lease for another 6months. This would give me more time to save funds to get the LVR down and save me some LMI.. But that could be wishful thinking given that the owner may want out asap.

But it is a thought..... What else could I do in this instance to save myself some money?

So, the appraisal is tomorrow and I'm still not 100% sure on what to say to the agent?... I think I'll just ask roughly what the he/she thinks the place will sell for and let him/her know that I may be interested at the right price and thatd I'd have to look into it a little more once I found out what they wanted?

I also found out today the agency selling the property is different to the one I'm leasing it off...

Oh, and also "Return of the crazy guy"
We have an old fella in the unit behind us that sits out the back yappin to himself all day who we thought moved out a month after we moved in but is now back as of yesterday.. Should I keep the windows open so all can be heard tomorrow?

haha, couldn't hurt to leave the window open - especially if it goes to open house.

Just play it cool, ask the agent what they think it's worth, how much the vendor is expecting, ask why the vendor is selling, etc. I'd try to get as much info as possible before stating your interest.

Best of luck!

Oh, and also "Return of the crazy guy"
We have an old fella in the unit behind us that sits out the back yappin to himself all day who we thought moved out a month after we moved in but is now back as of yesterday.. Should I keep the windows open so all can be heard tomorrow?

Yes :D even mention how annoying it is if you get the chance!

Ok, so the appraisal has now been done and they are going foward with the sale and want to do an open house in the next few weeks.... I've said to the RE I MAY be interested and once they called me with the price today I said yeah no worries I'll let you know if I want to go any further with it...

The price, I think is fair. It's in a range eg 320-350. What does this usually indicated, that they will take no less than 320 and would settle at price that if they had to? Or is there a chance they still may go slightly lower?

They can go lower - you can ask the REA why the price given the comparables? Also if your budget was 280k, if they won't accept this, you should walk...:)

Thats cool, the price is in my budget, but only just.

Thinking about going to one of those 21ca property semminars on may 1-2.. Anyone been before?

Back