Flabbergasted - $5K for external paint for eaves and fascia

Try Paul from Paul's Home Maintenance & Renovations (0403569775). We found him on Truelocal. He was really reasonable and did a thorough job painting the inside of our Investment property at Pennant Hills.

Checked his True local listing, he looks very handy! Rutherford is a bit too far from Hills area though, and I'm getting exhausted in contacting handyman around, hoping they will give a reasonable price :(

Evening All,

Slightly off topic and for Adelaide people, can anyone recommend anyone to replace all my gutters & 4 x downpipes on a courtyard sized house in the Flagstaff Hill area please. 25yrs old and all are rusted through....massive elongated holes:(

I'm having mixed results with trades....only 1 out of three rolled up today to measure & quote.

I've gone online today through a trade service and have been inundated with 16 email enquiries from various parties looking for the job.

At the end of the day I want a quality job done, not necessarily the cheapest price.

Appreciate any recommendations.

Cheers!

Ian.

Evening All,

Slightly off topic and for Adelaide people, can anyone recommend anyone to replace all my gutters & 4 x downpipes on a courtyard sized house in the Flagstaff Hill area please. 25yrs old and all are rusted through....massive elongated holes:(

I'm having mixed results with trades....only 1 out of three rolled up today to measure & quote.

I've gone online today through a trade service and have been inundated with 16 email enquiries from various parties looking for the job.

At the end of the day I want a quality job done, not necessarily the cheapest price.

Appreciate any recommendations.

Cheers!

Ian.

Hi Ian,

Maybe try creating a new thread? This one is quite old so I'm not sure many people read some of the updates anymore. Hopefully you'll find the right trades - I had two out of three actually came out to quote on gutter and downpipes. Appox. price from memory is $30 per lineal meters of gutter replaced with either ACE Durakote or Colorbond.

I live in a reasonable suburb in Melbourne and everything I get quoted for is double, yes double at least for work compared to my ip's. In the end I try to do as much as myself as paying $100PH for a painter doesnt stack up.

Back