flooding

Where's your property Willair, I need to check on one of ours in Earncroft St, rocklea? If it's gets as high as 74' there under. Speaking to one of the locals and our shops at salisbury had water through them and we are a fair way from the danger area of rocklea.

Where's your property Willair, I need to check on one of ours in Earncroft St, rocklea? If it's gets as high as 74' there under. Speaking to one of the locals and our shops at salisbury had water through them and we are a fair way from the danger area of rocklea.

I have just got back it's right next too the park facing the creek,the other one is up in industrial area so i just don't know,but the tenants bought all the business gear over a few hours ago and will camp downstairs tonight just in case the water goes up in the dark as i think it will,nothing to worry about,i have insurance on that one just as long as i read all the fine:rolleyes: print..

I,m in the lockyer valley,
We have had 217mm of rain here since 8AM this morning,
I have two IPS here and they both came out OK.

our hearts and thoughts (and wallets) go out to you in the affected areas.

we - in newcastle - know exactly how you are feeling, having gone thru similar (albeit shorter) situation in 2007

Yeah I hope all the Brissy folk are ok. It is amazing that we are just over an hour down the road on the coast and we have only had around an inch of rain in the past 4 days. It was supposed to come down our way but has remained in SE QLD and inland Northern NSW.

Lucky you all have some fore warning - unlike the unlucky folk of the Lockyer valley. You can't plan for a tsunami like that.

All the best for the tough days ahead.

Street list from Moreton Bay Regional Council

Hello ppls

Its official - I'm over this rain in QLD. After viewing some of the footage on telly, I wasn't hit as hard as some. I didn't get my life turned completely upside down. Thankful for all the kind words from my 'other family' members. Lots of clean up still to do. Just getting my PPOR life back together.

Found a few sites which may be helpful for local and interstate IP owners which list some of the streets.

From my neck of the woods MBRC council: http://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/uploadedFiles/moretonbay/living/health-safety/road-reports/Road-Condition-Report.doc

And for a more statewide kinda comprehensive list: http://131940.qld.gov.au

Aaron

Some of the recent footage from the flooding in Toowoomba has been amazing, up to a third of Ipswich was expected to go under as well?

Flood Relief Appeal Donation Site www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate

The Queensland Government has launched an appeal to help fellow Queenslanders affected by the recent floods. Many communities have been devastated. Some families have lost everything. You can help make a difference by donating to the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal.

At this time, the Queensland Government is inviting financial donations only. Unfortunately this appeal cannot accept donations of goods or services.

Just checked those flood maps...my IP is surrounded by water in Milton....I think my street is still ok but it looks to be one of only three in the whole area....gulp....will wait & see what tomorrow, oops, today brings.

Thanks for the links for us interstaters

Last edited:
If anyone wants northside properties checked I'm in Kedron and possibly heading into CBD soon for work (unfortunately the fin markets close for no one - will either be CBD or our Disaster recovery site but that's south / westside! :confused: )

Was out filling and dropping sandbags off at various areas last night - most of the flooding we saw was very localised - but then the worst isn't meant to hit until tomorrow and later today. West End near the river was well and truly under, anything along breakfast creek wasn't looking good. Some of the big hotels etc in the city are going to have issues when the tide comes up.

If anyone needs pets put up for a bit let me know as well and happy to help as we can.

Good luck QLD people and stay safe don't take risks, let that car or property go.
I saw some people on TV risking their life trying to save their car......:confused:
Cheers

Our son is heading into West End Brisbane this morning to lift some equipment higher for his employer, there is water in the now empty basement level and they will move more equipment to the second floor then he can head home.

In our neck of the woods, the sun is shining and no wind or rain ATM...
I can hear helicopters near where we live in NSW they use a sports field close by in floods as a refueling and supply area, this is the first time in days they have been in the air!

EDIT
Sun and no rain lasted 15 minutes.

Regards
Sheryn

Last edited:
We're just in West End too moving things to higher ground.

We're at the corner or boundary and melbourne and can see it coming, underground carpark at central west end apartments is flooded and a no go zone. We are expecting some severe damage at the restaurant. Power has already been cut.

No photos from the area, but i've attached a photo from brisbane cbd at 6pm last night and 7am this morning. For those familiar with the boardwalk you can see the change in water levels and that the water levels are already above the railings and the ferry terminal at Kangaroo point is completely inundated....

Attachments

• 2011 Floods - 6pm 11.1.11.jpg
    2011 Floods - 6pm 11.1.11.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 2011 Floods - 7am 12.1.11.jpg
    2011 Floods - 7am 12.1.11.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 127
Our boy who turns 19 in a few days did a 4 til midnight shift at Maccas last night, popped home, changed and went back out with two Macca mates to fill sandbags for the SES. He got home just after 7am, very tired and dirty, but gee I was proud of him. I don't know who organised it, whether it was Maccas or just the young chaps wanting to help. It really brings out the good in people.

Through the night, they were near the river and watched as one of the ferry pontoons broke away and floated off :eek:.

We should stay dry although lower parts of Coorparoo will have some issues, but we are more than happy to help anyone, or store stuff (or people :D) if needed. Just PM.

Listened to a chap in New Farm talking on ABC radio last night, saying he had semi-organised Mini Movers to pack up his apartment and take the load to wherever he said to take it - higher ground or storage I suppose. There are a lot of worried people, and it is tomorrow that the river will peak.

Bray Park is OK. I would suspect that Lawnton is mostly OK too. Strathpine was "evacuated" but I don't know how bad it actually was.

Thanks everyone for local news. I checked my policies and some cover flood and others only storm. Thankfully I will have no need for any claims as my properties out middle to outer suburbs.

I hope the flooding is not as severe as expected in town. Thankfully there has been plenty of warning (not like Towomba).

Good luck Brisbane City. My thoughts are with you all.

MJK

Back