flooding

My son has just been sent home from his work situated in the main street in West End. Lots of road closures so getting home will be a little tricky.

Im at Bray Park, lots of water on the road but I think we'll be OK.

I work in the CBD and we were all sent home about 2hrs ago. I drove home via Gympie Rd, it was wet but not that bad.

Just came back from Rocklea about half an hour ago,Gills Timber yard is under 750mm,several streets are starting to back up now,we have one vacant that will flood over the next 24 hours,and the other two tenants are starting to pack up now the same as everyone in the street,i just hope it does not go too high..

bremer river might go as high as 16m, so ipswich can be under water

lots of people in brisbane CBD have been sent home to work from home if they can

Evacuated from Brisbane about 11am - home safe in Mt Gravatt now

Made a million calls trying to get family out of west end...but some people are stubborn...

Stay safe everyone and dont be stupid and give emergency services anything more work!

Evacuated from Brisbane about 11am - home safe in Mt Gravatt now

Made a million calls trying to get family out of west end...but some people are stubborn...

Stay safe everyone and dont be stupid and give emergency services anything more work!

i know this may be hard, but keep the phone lines/networks free so that the emergency services can use them.

the worse thing that can happen is the emergency services people are unable to communicate due to congestion on the networks.

Qld is coping a hammering.

I wonder how Perp's going as her place flooded a few years ago?

Brisbane Lord Mayor said 8500 commercial & residential properties to be flooded by Thursday and 16500 with partial eg flood on ground.

Ipswich is also going to have devastating flood.

Be safe
Sheryn

This link has been handy. Down the page is a real time "thingy" with lots of ordinary folk reporting what is happening, but with official announcements also in darker print.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...mcmp=Newspulse&emchn=Newsletter&emlist=Member

Flood maps and flooded roads -

http://highload.131940.qld.gov.au/

and to see individual property threats - more localised information - http://flood.brisbane.qld.gov.au/floodwise_property_report/

In that "real time" insert box, at 2.29 there is a photo of Oxleys on the River and at 2.13 there is a photo of Milton. At 12.37 there is a photo of Orleigh park completely submerged.

Last edited:
Our duplex backs onto the creek and we don't know what's happened to that yet. we are having house guests now as Caboolture to strathpine has been evacuated if you are in a low-lying area. Andy only just managed to get our 8 month pregnant daughter up here before the roads were cut and her hubby is stranded on the highway between cutoff points. Our dam broke it's banks by 6am today and we have had helicopters all day going up and down from Caboolture to Woodford.

Other than that we are all fine and I hope all the rest of Brissie people are safe.

Back