Floor board installation + Kitchen floor tiler (Sydney)

G'day all,

I'm after good recommendations on tradies in the Sydney areas that can:

a. help install floating floor boards to replace old carpets
b. help install kitchen floor tiles to replace the old floorboards in the kitchen area.

There are just so many tradies to choose from, I was hoping someone can forward some recommendations to help me narrow my choices. Any that you have personally used, and are 100% happy with their worksmanship would be a fantastic help!!

Thankyou kindly.

Regards
Jason

What area and is it for ppor or IP?

@DaveMSydney: This is for an IP in Parramatta. Its a small 2bedder unit. Was going to use this IP to trial some reno's. Would it be different if it was a PPOR ?

@Rajnhets: I believe under the old carpets would be concrete, as its a unit in a 22yr old building. But I will check it none the less.

You would typically pay more for a highly skilled tiler for your home vs a cheap reno for an ip.

For ip tiling try Bruno 0403419756 He is good priced and works across western sydney. Decent quality work, good for ip renos.

If it's under strata title then check whether you can put a hard floor down.

Yep, I will doing this as soon as its settled.

Am I correct in that I need to submit the request for the reno to all the owners corp, and wait several weeks to see if anyone objects. If I dont hear anything in several wks, then its a green light to go forward?

Yep, I will doing this as soon as its settled.

Am I correct in that I need to submit the request for the reno to all the owners corp, and wait several weeks to see if anyone objects. If I dont hear anything in several wks, then its a green light to go forward?

Until you get a yay or nay dont do anything. You dont want to start work then get a no response.

if its on a level above the ground floor chances are you will need to install a sound deadening underlay if you go with floating floors. it'll add a bit more $$ to the job

Option 3: do the floating floor board yourself. Being a 2 unit should be too much. You might come across some special $16/m2 on eBay sometimes. It takes a bit to get hang of installaction but once you do you're on a role

Hmm, any reason you want floating floor board?
I would imagine carpet would be cheaper and easier to replace in the future, a better option for an IP perhaps?

Back