floor sanding & polish melb

hey all.

just wondering how much to get my floors sanded & polished for? its a 3br home , light stain too

Check out Clint Fudge floorsanding - good job - good man.

Not sure on prices, but it is cheaper than Canberra - if that helps

price will be a bit more expensive if you want it stained too although depends if you want it direct stained or a tint through the coat.

Hi Ms Jade,

Having a tint put through the coat is inexpensive and with lighter colored boards will take away the "yellow" type of look. Darker boards have the perception of being more expensive, so good to do for that reason too :)

Holly

I'm just about to get this done in Hobart. Does anyone have any experience with price down here? I have a quote atm for:

65 Sq m Floor (4 rooms and hall)

Sand floor 40, 80 and 120 grit, punch and fill holes, 3 coats of polyurethane.

$35 per sq M comes to $2275

Seem reasonable?

edit: must add "holy thread resurrection batman!" when bringing old threads back to life :p

Hi everyone,

Can someone please recommend a person to sand and polish my floors - they are radiata pine floors. Someone who will do a good job at a good price.

I have a floor sander, who does a fantastic job, and is a great bloke too.

He is around the $25 m2.Send me a pm if you would like his number.

Scott.

ive done my own sanding job, and I must admit for next time I might leave it to the professionals,

I hired my own equipment, that part was fairly hard as expected,
however we bought the oil based stuff, and diluted it 10% with turps as recommened by the shop, ended up doing two coats, we went for a dark coloured one, but I didnt think the it glossed as well it should have, however, I did leaev before it fully dried, so i cant say for sure,

I think it cost me all up about $1100 including $300 for someone to help me do half the sanding for a full day

so im not too sure if it was my choice of coating that was the problem

I recently had 85m^2 of baltic pine done for $1850 in Melbourne. Guy did a fairly good job although used a bit too much filler for my liking. The floor wasn't in excellent condition to start with so I'm not sure that the more expensive operators would have done a much better job.

Happy to provide his contact details on request.

Back