Floorboards in unit

Hi Everyone,

We are due to settle on a unit in Parramatta in early November and one thing which is needed is new carpets/flooring. Presently, there is carpet throughout the entire unit apart from the bathroom and kitchen. Ideally i would like to put floorboards down in the living areas, and carpet the bedrooms.

It is a ground floor unit, with the underground garage below.

Having never lived in a unit, and reading elsewhere about the trasmission of noises where floorboards are installed, should noise be a problem noting there is no one else below? Will sound be transmitted to upstairs?

I haven't seen anything in the by-laws about them being prohibited, but would rather avoid getting off to a bad start with neighbours, or having to field complaints from the property manager about complaints.

Does anyone have experience?

Thanks

Hi Blurbman,
Noise shouldn't be an issue with floorboards....I have floorboards and have had no issues bar 1,they need polishing lol...As mine will become a rental soon,i have asked 1 agent re:floorboards versus carpet in a rental,and carpet was suggested to protect the floorboards.

Anyhow,My preference is for floorboards over carpet.

Cheers Spades.

Noise for others won't be a problem but geting noise from the garage might.

Does it have an automatic door? You may find that noisy if you are near it and don't have carpet.

Back