Floorboards in walk in robe?

Discussion in 'Adding Value' started by MightyWill, 24th Jun, 2014.

1. MightyWill

MightyWill MightyWill

Hi all,

My upcoming new bedroom will have a walk in through to the ensuite. The walk is corridor is wider than average. I'm laying boards in the lounge and hallway and carpet in the bedrooms. I was thinking of also laying the boards in the walk in robe. Anyone ever done or thought of this idea? It would make the walk in look a lot more trendy I think.

I know that my parents walk in robe which has a door gets very dusty in there; esp the carpet in the corners, etc. I just think borads is cleaner and will avoid all the nasty creatures living in the carpet.

Perhaps I can also keep a sheet of carpet the same as the bedrooms and store away in case I one day want to switch back to carpet.

What do you all think?

2. cimbom

cimbom Member

If the bedroom has carpet, I would also put that in the WIR

3. marg4000

marg4000 Member

I would match the walk through wardrobe floor to the bedroom.

To have 3 different floors (presumably the ensuite is tiled) so close together would look very patchy.
    Marg

4. MightyWill

MightyWill MightyWill

Yeah good point. Will check it out with the installer when I get access in a week or two.

5. Tim86

Tim86 Member

Ive got floorboards in mine but the whole house has floorboards. Might look strange mixing it with other floor coverings.