Follow your Dreams

Hi

My dream was to always become financially independent and earn a 6 figure income from my investments without any debts and I achieved that by my 40th birthday.

Now I have another dream and that is to find a wife but if I can't find one of them maybe I will buy a Ferrari as they are much cheaper to keep!:eek:

Regards,

alicudi

Do you think that being over 40 and having substantial assets may impede or make it substantially to finding a quality wife - in the sense that you have worked hard to get to your enviable position?

Do you think that being over 40 and having substantial assets may impede or make it substantially to finding a quality wife - in the sense that you have worked hard to get to your enviable position?

Not everyone is out to get your millions China, there are plenty of amazing women out there, question is are you good enough for them?

Hi

I don't consider myself to be a goldmine at all...far from it really, but maybe a "MINI" gold digger would look at me for some financial gain...who knows. In the street I live in, I think I am the poorest person out of everybody with the neighbour on one side both the parents are doctors who do a lot of property development and are very well known in the area and on the other side they are engineers who seem to travel all year round.

I don't really show off or tell people what I have when I meet them. I have now grown up from purchasing brand new cars every year and all those huge money wasting exercises.

I agree with datto's comment though, just find someone in the same position, that would suit me just fine!!:D

regards,

alicudi

Interesting, I have some observations to make from what I see has happened to a close relative.

He basically retired at 40, successful family business and wise investments into commercial property (building) and shares. He had a marriage break up in his early 40s, spent 12 months trying to win her back but that was complete waste of time.

He is now 54 yo and has had many girlfriends, his not an oil painting, but his lifestyle has attracted many women, nice house, nice car, nice boat, regular holidays, holiday home etc.

In the main most of his g/friends have been long term, however not one has been financially independent, though held reasonable jobs. He is not at all worried about this as money is not an issue for him and he is pretty generous type of guy.

I also notice that he is very picky, he never goes for bimbettes with nothing between the ears or women that are as young as his children.

Maybe I am generalising but of course money and power may attract the wrong people in your life, and if you have some gorgeous thing that is 20 years younger, then what the hell is she doing with you, or more importantly what are you doing. Chances are you will spend the rest of your life chasing someone that looks good on your arm, like an accessory but long term may be a problem.

The moral of the story is there are plenty of nice people out there and if you have or don't have money is not the real issue, its probably more about the choices you make that will make the difference in your quality of life.

MTR:)

Last edited:
I have some way to go towards my dreams. Mine are more about time than any specific activity, although a lot of travel definitely features heavily in my ideal future. So for me, the dream will have come true when both my partner and I no longer have to work to make a living.

Then travel, read lots of books, study languages, photography and anything else that takes my fancy... and of course spend lots of time with my family. Right now it's still a dream but at least not an impossible one.

Yep, I can relate to that and understand where you are coming from!

haha, yeah - when I travelled, I just spent alot of time taking transport here there and everywhere to sightsee. Given that I had lots of time, I was taking lots of 'slow' transport. I spent inordinate amounts of time sitting on buses, sitting in traffic jams, waiting. I also spent alot of time and money just buying heavy bottles of drinking water and carrying them around or back to my hotel. When it was too hot/cold/rainy to go out I'd watch whatever english-language channels I could get on the TV in my hotel/hostel. If my hotel room/food/laundry wasn't clean/good enough/clothing went missing I'd have to go chase it up.

Not much different to my current/previous/future life in Sydney at all (Work/study. Catch public transport to work/uni/whatever. Buy groceries. Carry groceries home. Clean up after the kids. Train kids. Nag husband. Manage IP. Surf internet. Do banking.)

Whatever.

However, the biggest lesson I learnt from all of this is what I truly wanted, I guess. I don't mind the 'daily hassles' of life as much when I have a fulfilling, productive job.

Maybe I am generalising but of course money and power may attract the wrong people in your life, and if you have some gorgeous thing that is 20 years younger, then what the hell is she doing with you, or more importantly what are you doing. Chances are you will spend the rest of your life chasing someone that looks good on your arm, like an accessory but long term may be a problem.

Well, I hope he is smart enough to see through them and find someone who is not after his money.
I have met many who are, and many who aren't.
I have also met many who aren't fussed about a woman (or man) who is just after their money. It all depends on the person's personal comfort levels.

boring to many, but I will keep doing what I cam currently doing, building wealth.

Maybe this is the purpose God gave to me, its my destiny.

I enjoy it.

I tried the 'ive made it life dream' for a couple of years when I made my first serious wad of money after the GFC and just got a serious case of depression.

I guess this is my purpose in life. When I do it I feel calm, I enjoy it, it is something under my control (and really how much do we have under out control in the modern age).

For me its pretty ordinary really...just having the right people in my life, a mix of family and friends that are loyal, positive and supportive, don't need much more than that

Dreams change over time (for me anyway). I want to be able to live in the moment, be there for my children, have loyal friends around me, stay close to my family, and have my health and enough income. The rest is gravy.

boring to many, but I will keep doing what I cam currently doing, building wealth.

Maybe this is the purpose God gave to me, its my destiny.

I enjoy it.

I tried the 'ive made it life dream' for a couple of years when I made my first serious wad of money after the GFC and just got a serious case of depression.

I guess this is my purpose in life. When I do it I feel calm, I enjoy it, it is something under my control (and really how much do we have under out control in the modern age).

At the end of the day if you love it why stop, do you teach others your skill, this could be very rewarding

Back