Football clubs ...

No affiliations with the league grand final , but like most sydneyites who aren't bulldog supports , it would be great to have the Rabbitohs get up .

Cliff

My Sense of injustice has been maxed out today .

Swans Penalised for following the rules .

Did they breach their salery cap ? did they sign undisclosed contracts ? No they followed the AFL rules .

This is total melbourne paranoia , trying to penalise a team that has become too successful for the melbourne elite .

The thought that the best players in the comp want to go and move to Sydney .... :mad:

Cliff

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more. The AFL made the right call stopping cola, but it seems to me the swans have been penalised for following the rules? Not being able to trade for 2 years will hurt them.

Cola should have never been introduced. If you live in Sydney and earn $200k + then you can afford to live in Sydney.

Only reason I can think of is Sydney getting Tippett in 2013 & Buddy in 2014 after winning premiership in 2012 especially the buddy deal which pissed of few people at AFL. Not saying I agree.

They're scrapping cola, so whats stopping sydney for trading a few players in and being under the salary cap now and over it once cola goes?
So it needs to be suspended til cola stuff is sorted out. Hopefully thats quickly.

They're scrapping cola, so whats stopping sydney for trading a few players in and being under the salary cap now and over it once cola goes?
So it needs to be suspended til cola stuff is sorted out. Hopefully thats quickly.

If they're over The salary cap , they get found guilty and loose picks . That's what's happened in the past . But they're being punished without having done any thing .

The AFL have said that Sydney Can't get in new players via Trades ....unless they delisted free agents .

A restraint of trade . Fundamentally unfair .

So if Tom Mitchell wanted to go somewhere for more opportunities and say Essendon were prepared to swab Paddy Rider for him ( not that he wants to move there ) , that can't happen . a restraint . Unfair for existing Swans players who might want to move and those who might want to finish their career at a top club after ten years of flogging a dead horse at the doggies ...

I think the swans have been very reasonable in being prepared to let Membrey go to the saints in the current situation. A potential star of the future .

Cliff

Last edited:
Some one with a sense of humor on the AFL trade news feed .

With the swans locked out of significant trading to the AFL restrictions and players flying from club to club , Someone posted this

12.05pm: The Swans are advertising for a multimedia producer apparently. This is a big day for them.

:mad::rolleyes:

Cliff

very big day for Australian football

Western Wanderers Have won the Asian Club Championship under the Guidance of Tony Popovic , who just happened to spend five years as the Captain of Crystal Palace:D

Palace has had a revolving door of coaches over the last few years with their coach last year Tony Pullis , winning coach of the year , then resigning days before the start of the Current Season . Each time Poppa has been mentioned as a possible replacement .

Their current Coach, Neil Warnock, is considered by many as a stop gap , so with Poppa 's contract ending at the end of the current season , Palace rumored to be bought by americans who favour a younger coach , I wouldn't be surprised to see Poppa Brought in , in a more controlled replacement at the end of this or the next EPL seasons .

Cliff

The follow on from the wanderers win is they get to play in the World Club Challenge with their opening game being on DEC 13 when the play Cruz Azul the CONCAFA champions , and if they win that , they play Real Madrid .....:eek:

Cliff

very big day for Australian football

Western Wanderers Have won the Asian Club Championship under the Guidance of Tony Popovic , who just happened to spend five years as the Captain of Crystal Palace:D

Palace has had a revolving door of coaches over the last few years with their coach last year Tony Pullis , winning coach of the year , then resigning days before the start of the Current Season . Each time Poppa has been mentioned as a possible replacement .

Their current Coach, Neil Warnock, is considered by many as a stop gap , so with Poppa 's contract ending at the end of the current season , Palace rumored to be bought by americans who favour a younger coach , I wouldn't be surprised to see Poppa Brought in , in a more controlled replacement at the end of this or the next EPL seasons .

Cliff

This. Was. Brilliant.

I was at the Sydney leg - the atmosphere was just immense.

Think they're doing a celebration tonight - would be fantastic to go to.

I'm a total bandwagon fan - tbh i didnt even know the club existed until like 3 weeks ago, had never watched an A league game. Now i dont think i'll miss a home game.

Such a party.

The follow on from the wanderers win is they get to play in the World Club Challenge with their opening game being on DEC 13 when the play Cruz Azul the CONCAFA champions , and if they win that , they play Real Madrid .....:eek:

Cliff

Hahahahah WSW vs Madrid - that would be something.

I can imagine a 10-90% possession game.

Cliff

Hmm it'd be a HUGE step up from Western Sydney to Crystal Palace (assuming they stay up).

I thought his next step would be to the Championship/smaller leagues in Europe.

His record at WSW is nothing short of genius though.

I agree. It's such a massive step up in every aspect of the game that he really needs to cut his teeth in the championship first in England (which is still a couple of notches up on the A-league)

Am I right in hearing that American owners are potentially looking at buying Crystal Palace who may want to bring in a more high profile manager?

Hope he takes the next step tho and will watch with interest.

Any Liverpool fans on here?

I agree. It's such a massive step up in every aspect of the game that he really needs to cut his teeth in the championship first in England (which is still a couple of notches up on the A-league)

Am I right in hearing that American owners are potentially looking at buying Crystal Palace who may want to bring in a more high profile manager?

Hope he takes the next step tho and will watch with interest.

Any Liverpool fans on here?

I am wearing their jersey and typing this. ;)

Rough start to the season...

I hear Man City are coming out to Australia this winter - would be great if Liverpool come again!

I am wearing their jersey and typing this. ;)

Rough start to the season...

I hear Man City are coming out to Australia this winter - would be great if Liverpool come again!

Tell me about it....Season is almost a write off after only 3 months.....yeah I went to see them play at MCG last year....Been to anfield before but the YNWA was so much better at the G!
They will be back for sure!

Tell me about it....Season is almost a write off after only 3 months.....yeah I went to see them play at MCG last year....Been to anfield before but the YNWA was so much better at the G!
They will be back for sure!

Ah I was there that night - absolutely amazing. I've listened to YNWA at the G about 1000 times since. Just brilliant.

Haven't been lucky enough to make my way to Anfield yet - I wish I went last year in the run in - the energy would've been amazing.

And it seems to be a false dawn every 5 years or so...so that may be a while to come again.

Ah I was there that night - absolutely amazing. I've listened to YNWA at the G about 1000 times since. Just brilliant.

Haven't been lucky enough to make my way to Anfield yet - I wish I went last year in the run in - the energy would've been amazing.

And it seems to be a false dawn every 5 years or so...so that may be a while to come again.

I've no doubt they will be back down under again, probably in a few years.
Put the trip to Anfield on your bucket list....I actually was there for league match v Man U about 6 years ago....first time we had beaten them at Anfield for 7 years. It's quite a small stadium by Aussie standards but has so much history!

Back