Football clubs ...

Agree re Goodsy. Took Shane Warne to say it , his staging was embarrassing. And I am a big Goodes fan. Win or lose, GF or not, the last Final Sydney plays should be his last.

I hope, as I read today, he is nursing his body for one final go in the GF. On 2012 he literally broke himself to achieve that win. But no-ne will remember that if he plays on in 2015 and plays poor. Look at Pluggers comeback, sad, just sad...

Let a young fella get a go as the $ they paid for Buddy where always coming from Goodes. Yet I worry when he says "I will play for almost nothing" as he nothing to prove and everything to lose.

Go out this year as hopefully a third GF win and he leaves as one of the really greatest swans ever. 2 Brownlows, etc..

Sad to see him suffer like Ryan has suffered but todays football is about winning and only those teams not making the finals can afford fading champs glory runs.

Peter

FYI I drove home and the Tiger Fans are really believing!

ABC 774 even played their club song yet one text said it right ( IMHO) Sydney tanked and still almost won it.

I hope Richmond gets one win and Port Adelaide is the easiest to do it too. Then they will face a hopefully angry Free in WA and the dream will be over.

Just read Port gets to wear their prison bars black and white strip against Richmond. Some common sense there.

Peter

Swans line up for Freo

B N.Smith, T.Richards, D.Rampe
HB N.Malceski, H.Grundy, R.Shaw
C D.Hannebery, J.Kennedy, G.Rohan
HF L.Jetta, L.Franklin, J.McVeigh
F A.Goodes, K.Tippett, H.Cunningham
Foll M.Pyke, K.Jack, L.Parker
I/C C.Bird, J.Lloyd, B.McGlynn, S.Reid
Emg J.Laidler, T.Mitchell, D.Towers

When you have Craig Bird , Ben McGlynn and Sam Reid on the interchange

I can only but feel sorry for Freo

Cliff

Swans line up for Freo

B N.Smith, T.Richards, D.Rampe
HB N.Malceski, H.Grundy, R.Shaw
C D.Hannebery, J.Kennedy, G.Rohan
HF L.Jetta, L.Franklin, J.McVeigh
F A.Goodes, K.Tippett, H.Cunningham
Foll M.Pyke, K.Jack, L.Parker
I/C C.Bird, J.Lloyd, B.McGlynn, S.Reid
Emg J.Laidler, T.Mitchell, D.Towers

When you have Craig Bird , Ben McGlynn and Sam Reid on the interchange

I can only but feel sorry for Freo

Cliff

LOL what an awesome and fearsome line up.

Tom Mitchell is emergency!

The only weakness I see Freo stronger is the Ruck. Pyke v Sandilands.

I am going to call it, Sydney will win by 35 points, down from 50 at half time as they rest in the second half.

Peter

I'm actually a Sydney supporter myself,i reckon they'll win.My post on richmond was for a friend,i think they need all the support they can get but Sydney all the way,buddy is aok on recent training.

I'm actually a Sydney supporter myself,i reckon they'll win.My post on richmond was for a friend,i think they need all the support they can get but Sydney all the way,buddy is aok on recent training.

Agree. I would love to see Richmond get a one win at least! The tiger fever in Mel is everywhere!

Buddy was never not fit if you ask me. Rested those he wanted.

On Tom Mitchell word is Carlton want him bad but he will stay as a "required player". Goodes must consider making room and retiring as if he stays, it keeps players as good as Mitchell out.

LOL what an awesome and fearsome line up.

Tom Mitchell is emergency!

The only weakness I see Freo stronger is the Ruck. Pyke v Sandilands.

I am going to call it, Sydney will win by 35 points, down from 50 at half time as they rest in the second half.

Peter

Tom needs to play for a season before he's up to the level of the rest .

I watched him closely in the last week and while he got his hands on the ball , his disposal was lacking at times.

I'm a massive Luke Parker Fan . When he came in 2011 he had a run of about five games where he was brilliant , almost every possession he had worked perfectly , then he had a run of injuries and just got back into the team to make into the premiership team in 2012. Since then he's been one of those unsung hero's and it's only this season that the media have realized how good he is .

At the moment , the swans are pretty close to full strength . The only person who could be in the team if he was fit is Alex Johnson , but he's recovering from his second knee reconstruction and Dane Rampe has stepped into his position . It was interesting watching Rampe's first few games at the beginning of last year . As a newly promoted Rookie , and given the strength of the rest of the swan Defenders , the opposition teams did what ever they could to try and put one of their better players onto him and the commentators gave him a rough time . He had one of the fastest crash courses I've seen and about half way through the season the opposition teams stopped trying to do it , given how much he improved .

Now he's one of the most versatile cogs in their defense , fast enough to take on the small forwards and solid enough to go with someone like Jack Gunston.

Cliff

My Picks for First Week

Sydney V Freo - Sydney

Port Vs Richmond - Port

Essendon Vs North - North

Hawthorn Vs Geelong - Hawthorne

The more I think about all of them , The less certain I am about any of them . Those are the results that " Should " happen , but any of them could go the other way.

Sydney , have this habit of needing to loose an occasional game in order to win the important ones . They lost the last three games of the season prior to winning in 2012 . On Paper they should romp in , but you never know ...

Cliff

My Picks for First Week

Sydney V Freo - Sydney

Port Vs Richmond - Port

Essendon Vs North - North

Hawthorn Vs Geelong - Hawthorne

Cliff

Sydney V Freo - Sydney, the loss of two key Freo defenders will hurt.

Port Vs Richmond - Richmond, yeap, they will play their GF and get flogged next week.

Essendon Vs North - North , yes the dons are weak and noe with Ryder saga....

Hawthorn Vs Geelong - Hawthorne , I want this but it could well go Geelong, super close here.

Peter

Four out of four :)

Geelong to beat North. No brainer

Freo Vs Port . After Port demolished Richmond , they could be back to their early season form , but I think Freo will get there . This might be the closest Final of the whole series . Two teams with something to prove ie they deserve to be there .

Geelong , Hawthorn and Sydney have the recent runs on the board and Freo and port have chips on their shoulders.

Didn't see the Port Vs Richmond game but the other three were really good games . Took Sydney and Hawthorn well into the third quarter to start getting on top .

Cliff

I got 3 out of 4 in the tipping comp, missed North. I thought Essendon would win. Both of those teams are very inconsistent so really depends on which one turns up on the night.

In Perth, I cant see Freo losing to Port
Geelong over North is an easy pick.

And then Geelong vs Sydney and Freo vs Hawthorn - tough games to pick, will depend on match conditions and injuries/fitness.

3 of 4 lost on Richmond. Got into the Hype!:eek:

Port v Freo, tricky. Freo only because at home.

North v Geelong. All things say Geelong, but North could surprise, humm....... nah, Geelong. Be close that.

Sydney in IMO has the better draw as I see North, Geelong weaker than Port Freo.

Peter

Sydney in IMO has the better draw as I see North, Geelong weaker than Port Freo.

Peter

I'd agree with that , Geelong are a more known quantity and given how the swans thrashed them earlier in the year , I think that gives the swans the psychological edge .

Then I want the winner of port / Freo to push the hawks to the edge especially physically .

Cliff

Back