Football clubs ...

Ok time for me to chime in :)... Imo freo vs port will be the game to watch this weekend freo will give it there all but with the injuries and with port having a big win and full team I think port will get up (port have pretty much had a week off after the tigers performance last week and freo played hard they will be fatigued)... Geelong vs north this is a no brainer.

This leaves us with semi's between port vs hawks and Geelong vs swans, hawks will win the reasons being they have the home ground advantage, had the week off and there is the little fact that they are a far better side than port. Pa will have to travel again and will be sore after a hard fought win over freo. Swans will win over Geelong im not even going to explain why :)

This leaving gf of swans vs hawks... Swans win by 10...

Watch this space

Got that wrong :eek:

100% one week , ZERO the next .

Port were impressive as they ran over Freo in the last quarter , but Freo lost the plot in the last fifteen minutes and I don't see the hawks playing like that next week.

Norths got the jump on Geelong and although they came back , they couldn't quite make it

It's the first time two top four teams have gone out this week .

Can't go past swans and the hawks next week and given the emotion that port and north used to win this week I'm wondering if next weeks games might blow out......

Cliff

The only 2 teams I like in the 8 both knocked out this weekend :(

I tipped north correctly (unfortunately) but really disappointed in freo. Really didnt get reward for effort in first half :(

for shame D.T., even though we (WCE) didn't make the finals you shouldn't have crossed to the dark side :mad:
Great result for WA Footy

Eagles are far and away my most loved team. Have to support the home state of WA though. Geelong are my fave non WA team, but below the others.

the swans were pretty impressive last night . My personal MFP Luke Parker took close to the mark of the year over people twice his size in the second quarter . Still only 21. Gonna win a brownlow or a Norm Smith one day

Norths were in it for about the first ten mins of the the first quarter but the the swans weathered the storm and put the foot down

Goodes played his best game of the season.

Who ever they play next week , they're going to be hard to beat .

Cliff

I like how this thread has been as quiet as humble pie :)

I have a photo that I'm going to post , just can't post it from my iPad .

Hawks were too good on the day . Basically put muscles the swans the way Souths did over Easts.

It will toughen the swans up for next year.

Had better luck with crystal palace . They've won their last two games and jedinak has scored two goals so far this season .

Cliff

:p
The GF seemed pretty one sided to me. (I am not an expert and the GF was the first full game I watched this season) Within 5-10 minutes, it was obvious that the Hawks will win...

:p
The GF seemed pretty one sided to me. (I am not an expert and the GF was the first full game I watched this season) Within 5-10 minutes, it was obvious that the Hawks will win...

I need to induct you into real football my newly australian friend.

We are all still in shock!:eek::roll eyes:

For me... when this happens it is the coaches job to fix it.

This the blame stands with John Longmire the coach. At half time he was interviewed and said to get back in "we have to get our game on and do what we do usually". Blind Freddie could tell you "more of the same, would be met with more of the same" from Hawthorn.

No-one would have blamed him to come out 3rd quarter with complete new strategy that probably would fail but may, just may, kick the first 4 goals and put Hawthorn in doubt. Then he could switch back or even try plan c.

AFL is all about confidence, momentum. You need that. Sydney had it against North last week. Hence the beating.

Longmire had no plan b. They players were mentally beaten and could only overcome that if he said, (like Barassi in 1970 but the reverse) "OK, forget that and listen up, here is my plan , put away for just this situation. Kick long, small forwards, buddy, tippet in back, and let the backs and mids run the ball to Jetta and Rohan in a paddock."

Then Clarkson would have to decide what to do, change what he doing?, match man for man? the pressure would be on him. However from his brilliant plan on Saturday he probably had a plan to counter this.

But... Hawthorn thoroughly beat Sydney, fair and square.

All this talk about next year is BS. Then need to wallow and feel real pain but without a plan b, we could well see a reply in GF 2015.

Well done Hawks. Peter

I hope buddy is enjoying his cola. :p

He will be. he knows their will be many GF to come yet, at least one more for SS and maybe even 2 or 3.

As for how cut is he? Yes but he has won a GF. Has was laughing at the end when hodge (?) kissed him. He is in the bridal party for a Hawks wedding. He has a model for girlfriend. What not to like.... it is only a game of sport in the end.

Peter

Very true Peter, as a hawthorn supporter I highly rate him as a player, I don't respect him though. He needs to work on his attitude towards his fans especially kids. I'll never forget the time he got up and left the hawthorn family day because he was over it.

Best thing he done for hawthorn was leave.

Very true Peter, as a hawthorn supporter .

So may I say well played.

We are now equal on one for one. Lets hope next year is a great SS v H GF to be proud of like 2012 was because......... what a poor showcase / ending for AFL 2014.

As I watched the 3rd and 4th quarter I thought of a close mate who had paid $1700 to get a ticket and I thought, how may others like him where at the game thinking, what a waste of time and dollars? Even Hawthorn supporters would have been a little bored in the last quarter.

Give me close match and lose than this debacle.

Hawthorn could have subbed in the entire St Kilda team at 3 quarter time and still have won, Sydney was that shell shocked.

Peter

Heres a question for you then
Is it better to make the grand final and get flogged or not make the grand final at all?

Back