Football clubs ...

Don't get me wrong I was rapped we won, but 10 minutes in the 3rd qtr I was bored out of my brains.

What happened to Sydney? Apart from Buddy they were all pathetic.

Heres a question for you then
Is it better to make the grand final and get flogged or not make the grand final at all?

To lose like that I'd rather my team not make it. Hawthorn lost the grand final in 2012 by 10 points- I doubt we lost an inch of respect that day.

To lose like that I'd rather my team not make it. Hawthorn lost the grand final in 2012 by 10 points- I doubt we lost an inch of respect that day.

Good question and good answer. It is all about respect.

Many know, I hope for Goodes to retire: win , lose or draw the GF. Why? don't want to see him go the way of other champs who wither away to a faded glory status but this massive loss means if he does retire, he leaves with that game as his last game.

So better not to make it. Port Adelaide must be seething with impotent fury....

Peter

Heres a question for you then
Is it better to make the grand final and get flogged or not make the grand final at all?

I think getting flogged is better , especially when you know at your best you are competitive and at their best the swans are competitive .

I watched the game thinking that Hawks couldn't keep it up all the time but they did . Ruthless , like the swans where when they demolished Geelong earlier in the season .

In retrospect , the mistake the swans made was prior to the game when the senior players where saying the new players had to soak up and enjoy the week . It's not about the week .....

Next year they won't make the same mistake.

Interesting how two years ago the Hawks were the red hot favourites . Probably the best motivation for the " under dogs " ...

Cliff

Saw exactly 4 seconds of the AFL GF - turned on the teev during the 3rd quarter for a score check, saw the score, turned of said teev and went back out to the garden.

Clearly not a hawthorn supporter! :p
Yep.

My view of Hawthorn is pretty much exactly like everyone's view of Collingwood :D (who I barrack for).

But, it wouldn't matter who was in the game; a flogging is not what I like to watch...too boring.

The game was all over; it was only a matter of by how many points.

I agree the game was boring. Do you blame clarkson for not instructing the team to go easy so the swans can kick a few and make it a closer game, or blame Longmire for the failed game plan?

I don't understand how Sydney lost by so much. You've got Tippett, Franklin, Goodes, Reid up forward. Kick the bloody thing long and deep!

I agree the game was boring. Do you blame clarkson for not instructing the team to go easy so the swans can kick a few and make it a closer game, or blame Longmire for the failed game plan?

I don't understand how Sydney lost by so much. You've got Tippett, Franklin, Goodes, Reid up forward. Kick the bloody thing long and deep!
I don't know how it can happen.

It's amazing now how games can fluctuate so much from even one quarter to the next.

It only takes 2 or 3 key match-ups these days to do it.

Slightly different - I remember going to a Hawks V Pies game at Waverley one time...in the first quarter the only score the Pies got was a rushed behind by Greg Deere (Hawk's full-back/ruck).

Hawks kicked 9 or 10 goals that same quarter (from memory) to add to the pain.

And yet; for the next 3 quarters the Pies outscored them :confused:, but not enough to win.

Doesn't make sense how a game can swing that much.

It was over by the 10 minute mark of the 1st quarter :(

Predictions for 2015 -
(Depends a little bit on who gets traded where i guess)
(In no particular order)
- Port were great this year, and if they get paddy ryder they'll be even better.
- Collingwood on the way down, all their big names either retired or traded
- North did fairly well, can perhaps do same again
- Hawks, probably make GF again
- Sydney - top 4
- West Coast - top 6 when they get all their players back from injury
- Essendon - bottom 4 when their players all get suspended for drugs
- Gold coast - top 8
- Carlton / Richmond / Brisbane - bottom 8
- Melbourne / Saints / GWS , still building

And what about us, DT?? :D

cheers

Us? Don't group me in with your purple coloured team :p

I reckon Freos game style is getting known by the other teams and they know how the counter it and their stars (Pav, Sandi, McPharlin) are getting too old. So top 8, nothing too exciting, sorry :p

Finally got my post swans lost photo.

Down at the waterfront at North Arm Covewith Max and Taylor . A beautiful day apart from the score.

Cliff

How unaustralian!

The second place we bought in Adelaide, the first (and only) open was on the day the Crows were playing. Suffice to say we were the only people through, so we'd put in an offer, had it countered and accepted prior to the planned second open, apparently they were receiving calls asking when the second open was. Haha!

Even the dogs are questioning your choice of team

DT , you obviously can't lip read dog ( though lip readings hard on a still photo :D )

Taylor , the one in the back ground is saying , dad , they were complacent , they forgot the hard work it took to get there .

Max , the walking door mat , is saying ( it's even harder to lip read when someone is facing away ...) . Next year .... Sometimes you have to loose one before you win one ...

Cliff

Back