For about 1 million ???

I live in Sydney and I have few IP's in Sydney and Melbourne. Most of these are just standard IP's (Houses on torrens title blocks).

After doing a hands on project (an Owner builder for my PPOR... about 900k project..., which I enjoyed doing, and feel I did well...and got a good value out of it...) I want to invest further in some high return project rather than just a buy and hold type investment. Sydney is too hot at the moment, so I am willing to undertake such project in regional NSW or in QLD, Victoria or even SA. I am quite interested in the state of QLD though. I want to create equity/profits by doing something like..

* buying a large block of land and doing a dual dwelling OR multi-dwelling (strata or by sub-dividing) OR just buying a large block, going through sub-division process and selling it off.

* Buying and benefiting due to imminent council re-rezoning in a particular area ???

OR

anything else "Hands-On" which you.... the experienced and learned members of this forum might suggest....

Ideally, I would have done such development type project in Sydney, in the areas around Parramatta, Wentworthville, Westmead BUT Sydney is too hot now and well beyond my reach...may be....

So, What can I do, I will have to look else where.....hopefully I will get few suggestions from you guys.

I think Brisbane is a good city to look out for......what do you think.....

I am even willing to pay a "Buyer's agent" in Brisbane to help me find a good deal.....any suggestions for a good and REAL buyer's agent in Brisbane....

......I will be really grateful for your inputs....

Regards....

anisavvu

I'm also looking at purchasing a property in Brisbane (I live interstate). Any suggestions on a good buyers agent?

I've looked at Propell and Templeton so far and Andrew Allen hasn't returned my call.

I'm also looking at purchasing a property in Brisbane (I live interstate). Any suggestions on a good buyers agent?

I've looked at Propell and Templeton so far and Andrew Allen hasn't returned my call.
Sorry :)

The www.rebaa.com.au website is a good launching point, though as a member I'm inclined to say that, also there are a few outside REBAA who appear to be doing well, google pretty much reveals all, not a great deal of us around but it's a relatively small market compared to Syd/Melb.

I spoke with Andrew couple of months ago and he was quite busy at that time in his personal venture.....but "not returning the call" might have been an oversight.....usually he is quite good ........

Secondly, the nature of the real estate is that you can't entirely rely on one person to the magic trick for you either, our own research should continue.....the buyers' agents have a business model where they can devote more time to a client while the market is quite but when it's hot.....they can only do so much......

there is a good thread going at the moment about brisbane suburbs, keep an eye on that and ask questions there....you might get something worthwhile there....

OVER SIX HUNDRED WATCHES BUT NO REPLIES.......::(:(:mad::mad:

I live in Sydney and I have few IP's in Sydney and Melbourne. Most of these are just standard IP's (Houses on torrens title blocks).

After doing a hands on project (an Owner builder for my PPOR... about 900k project..., which I enjoyed doing, and feel I did well...and got a good value out of it...) I want to invest further in some high return project rather than just a buy and hold type investment. Sydney is too hot at the moment, so I am willing to undertake such project in regional NSW or in QLD, Victoria or even SA. I am quite interested in the state of QLD though. I want to create equity/profits by doing something like..

* buying a large block of land and doing a dual dwelling OR multi-dwelling (strata or by sub-dividing) OR just buying a large block, going through sub-division process and selling it off.

* Buying and benefiting due to imminent council re-rezoning in a particular area ???

OR

anything else "Hands-On" which you.... the experienced and learned members of this forum might suggest....

Ideally, I would have done such development type project in Sydney, in the areas around Parramatta, Wentworthville, Westmead BUT Sydney is too hot now and well beyond my reach...may be....

So, What can I do, I will have to look else where.....hopefully I will get few suggestions from you guys.

I think Brisbane is a good city to look out for......what do you think.....

I am even willing to pay a "Buyer's agent" in Brisbane to help me find a good deal.....any suggestions for a good and REAL buyer's agent in Brisbane....

......I will be really grateful for your inputs....

Regards....

anisavvu

OVER SIX HUNDRED WATCHES BUT NO REPLIES.......::(:(:mad::mad:

Are you disappointed in the lack of replies asking for a REAL buyers agent? Or disappointed that nobody has suggested a block you could buy and subdivide?

To be honest, your post confused me as to just what you were looking for, and what is a REAL buyers agent anyway? Do you mean a buyers agent as opposed to someone on the forum suggesting a good place to buy? I think perhaps those reading your post are not sure what you are looking for.

Andrew gave you a link to look for another buyers agent and you could always give him another try. It sounds like you might need to start calling real estate agents yourself (but did you click Andrew's link to see if you could find an other buyers agent?)

Hi anisavvu

Have you considered North Queensland? Plenty of options, and a good time to get in.

Cheers

Jen
Jen

I've heard bad things about the cost of insurance in North Queensland, especially for cyclones. Would you have some figures please? Especially for Cairns and Townsville.

Hi Geoffw

Yes, you do need to be aware that insurances can be high. However, if you know what is what, you can keep them at a reasonable level. My own PPOR - $2k. Also, just got a couple of quotes for a client on a house that came in just over $2k. I've written about it recently so will post info on a new thread shortly.

Cheers

Jen

Back