For sale... but no price

That is one is a very lazy agent - one site plan lifted off RPD, no photos

It just shows where the market was at the time. No photos and sold for $612,750. A few months later and you would not list it for under $699,000... and it would sell... no photos required. These are selling at land value. No one cares about the house.

Viewing the source code gave me an exact $ figure for that property. Not sure if it's legal for me to post the source code so probably better not to.

Do you mean you found an "exact listing figure", because an exact dollar figure for a property isn't known until a contract goes unconditional and settled.

perthguy, this is off topic, but how did u manage to get your IP under asking price in such a hot market ? We haven't been able to negotiate very well. When we put an offer below asking price, someone else snapped it up and we didn't get the property. So in the end we just give the asking price to secure the property.

I hate it when agents make buyers bid against one another. Once, we ended up paying way higher than the asking price as there were 7 other offers. Nowadays we run far away from agents like that.

Its called a hot market and if you want to purchase you will need to understand how to play in this market. Offering less than asking price will most certainly fail

My initial reaction in this scenario where there is no address and I am talking Perth and from my experience... the location is inferior and agent needs to hook you in first.

My initial reaction in this scenario where there is no address and I am talking Perth and from my experience... the location is inferior and agent needs to hook you in first.
That happens a lot... main roads etc. However, how about this?

http://www.domain.com.au/property/for-sale/house/wa/bayswater/?adid=2010948916

54A Queen Street, Bayswater, Western Australia

Took me a couple of minutes on google maps to find. Utterly pointless.

*** yes, I know it's domain... I didn't want to mess up my re.com.au search

Its called a hot market and if you want to purchase you will need to understand how to play in this market. Offering less than asking price will most certainly fail

Depends how ridiculously overpriced the property is in the first place. I have seen some in City of Belmont go for less than asking... but only because they were overpriced. Agents that are pricing aggressively are getting higher than asking with multiple offers.

Try to lowball an aggressively priced property and you have no chance of success.

How many posting in this thread have negotiated on a property that listed without a price or price guide? How did you determine a price to offer? Was your offer accepted? Did you eventually purchase the property? I would be interested to hear some actual experiences.

Mine IP#2 didn't list a price. I made an offer for $415k and managed to score a duplex block in Beckenham for $420k about a month ago.

Broker reckons its a pretty good deal in this hot market.

Says to email him for more info in the advert.

I've done this on a few properties before that didn't have the address listed, works well.

Yes it works well for the agent because the purpose is to gt your Email. If you don't mind the endless Emails that's fine. To investors that are constantly looking for properties though it is a time waster. Imagine if you had to ring/Email an agent for every property you may be interested in. In a slow market it has to be something I reallyu think will be good in order to ring, otherwise there are plenty of others to look at.

When searching you can get an idea of price by where it's placed if you search by lowest to highest. That's enough of a guide for me to start.

I've emailed a few agents and had not reply at all.

One I did follow up this week and agent said he hadn't received my email. I do wonder how good the "email agent" button is?

I Emailed (through RE.com) all the agents in the area where I have an IP. I chose a property similar to mine and sent Emails. In it I stated I was doing preliminary serching for an agent to sell my IP.
One agent actually rang me straight away and sent an Email with details of her agency. I haven't heard from the others. This actually surprised me seeing there are so few listings in the area and properties are sold the first week.

It is interesting earlier that many were advising to look at the hidden code to reveal the price range of a property. Here is one that is listed for $400-$500k (data-param-price="400k_500k")

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-cloverdale-116060823

An old house on the same sized block, a few houses down sold for $720,000 in November last year...

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-cloverdale-115362379

It will be interesting to see if prices have dropped since then or if the park views add a premium to the price.

Back