Forewarned is forearmed.

For anyone contemplating doing some concreting work soon, I suggest you get in quick if possible to save a few $$$. The price of reinforcing steel went up 5% on March 1 and is going up another 5% next month and by $150.00/tonne in June. Concrete is also going up next month.

Cheers
Olly

Hmmm... I wonder how the price of a concrete slab would compare with timber floor, considering these price rises. I understand that concrete is still cheaper than timber when it comes to flooring. Or maybe the price of timber will go up as well?

Any reason for these price rises?

Desto said:
Hmmm... I wonder how the price of a concrete slab would compare with timber floor, considering these price rises. I understand that concrete is still cheaper than timber when it comes to flooring. Or maybe the price of timber will go up as well?

Any reason for these price rises?

Don't know about the price difference between a timber and a concrete floor.

I know of the concrete price rise because they are an industry that the steel company I work for (in the building industry) are associated with so we know a bit about their business. And steel is a world wide commodity and is in short supply at the moment and everyone is shopping around for it. I handle the internet enquiries and rarely get export enquiries, yet I've had 3 this week for Cyprus, China & the US.

Olly

Back