Forgot phone at home .....

Yes,The dealership i go to,sends msg's as well as feedback ratings after service. Something to consider.
We do that already via an online sms website...reminders, let them know their car is ready, specials etc.

LOL - the feedback ratings - folks most certainly come back to tell you if they are not happy - the "ever since" factor :rolleyes:

And, there are those others who don't say a word and never come back - and "slag" you to 100 friends as well.

That; of course; is the majority of folks in life and in every industry - non-confrontational....vote with their feet.

Every now and again you get a nice recommendation and/or a bottle of wine from someone.

I drive to my factory and people walking across red lights oblivious while there on there phone.They also give you the dirty eye look or mouth off,hey i'm on my phone.
Yeah I call them phone zombies, hazard on the footpath.
I usually leave the phone at home, no need to carry it around unless expecting to have to use it.

We don't have a landline at home because it's been disconnected so long that Telstra couldn't seem to work out how to put it back on ... besides ... the only people that phoned on the landline were my father in law and telemarketers.

Retrained the father in law and have a mobile only now.

Was a real bummer when I accidently washed it - lost all my numbers and didn't have a phone for several days whilst I tried (unsuccessfully) to dry it out.

I'm addicted to my mobile. I just realised that. Withdrawals big time. :(

Have you been there?

Maybe there is going to be a time when the next not to far away generation in fashionable rebellion is to become un-linked and go back to being offline and only talk face to face..

I'm lost without my mobile. It's not just for calls, but for photos, email, and Facebook (which is how I stay in touch with and organise meeting up with family and friends.)
I forgot mine yesterday morning and had to go home to get it. I found I'd missed three calls, two text messages and several Facebook messages. A couple of them were social, so no big deal to wait, but a couple of them were important organising taking people to airports and changes to plans during the day.

I've probably got a bit of an addiction, but my mobile is also an intrical part of staying connected with the world, whilst allowing me freedom to get out of the house. People may think that because I'm a stay at home mum it shouldn't be a big deal, but my daily schedule is busy, often involving last minute changes and me needing to be available at a moments notice for various schools, activities and groups.

h6FDDD721

IT and telecommunications have shaped our world in recent years, slowly, we are been shaped by IT and telecommunications, it's sad to see what the general public have become today, IT/Telco slaves of our very own creations..

Arnie doesn't need to come back in time to kill John Connor. Most people are already slaves to Skynet.

I just thought of a new drinking game. Sit at the pub (somewhere that you can see the street). When you see a female walk past that isn't carrying her phone in her hand, take a drink. Guaranteed to go home sober.

I just thought of a new drinking game. Sit at the pub (somewhere that you can see the street). When you see a female walk past that isn't carrying her phone in her hand, take a drink. Guaranteed to go home sober.

That's because no self respecting lady would go near a pub where you're drinking! :D

Sorry, that was just too good to pass up. Love the cartoon though. :p

Hi Peter, I drink at the Prince of Wales on Fitzroy Street. One of the busiest thoroughfares in Melbourne. You're quite welcome to stand out the front and tell every woman that walks past that she's not a lady, lol.

I didnt think I was addicted to anything until recently, until I realised that Im addicted to the internet/connectivity

if I dont have a device near me that can access emails and internet,
im a mess.

ill even try and go to a wifi area that has free wifi, or make a trip to Mcdonalds or some place that has wifi

I didnt think I was addicted to anything until recently, until I realised that Im addicted to the internet/connectivity

if I dont have a device near me that can access emails and internet,
im a mess.

ill even try and go to a wifi area that has free wifi, or make a trip to Mcdonalds or some place that has wifi

come beach camping wth me on fraser island

even there u an have 3 g on telstra with a Yagi :)

ta
rolf

Hi Peter, I drink at the Prince of Wales on Fitzroy Street. One of the busiest thoroughfares in Melbourne. You're quite welcome to stand out the front and tell every woman that walks past that she's not a lady, lol.

Haven't been there in quite a while (since my uni days), but it's a good pub.

As for phones, I deliberately go on holidays where there's no reception at all, must more relaxing that way.

Recently implemented to rule with our friends that phones all go in a hat/fruitbowl/middle of the table at social events.

If anyone grabs theres during the dinner/drinks, you pickup the bill.

My girlfriend is 21 and her and all her friends struggle a lot with this rule. Have actual addictions to their phones.

And I thought it was the keys:D

Back