Forrestfield & New Build Mandurah

Hi I have successfully cashed out well of an investment and looking to re invest, want to stay in the perth market and currently looking at buying an older property in Forrestfield on 700+ sq/m

anyone finding Forrestfield as a nice investment opportunity?

also thinking of building an investment in the Mandurah area to even Golden Bay as I need the tax break from deprecation

Is the Mandurah area a good investment at the moment?

Any help or thoughts would be great

Ding :p

I live in forrestfield. It has its pros and cons. Theres good and bad sides though; east of hale rd is pretty slummy. It could be a good long term go if you can find something to reno or subdivide. The yields are absolutely atrocious though.

Ive also looked inti building in the south - golden bay, madora bay, etc. Personally I think the horse has bolted on these. If you do it, definitely try to get beach side of the main road as this is in lower supply than the massive expanse to the east.

yeah I grew up in Forrestfield on the good side so have shown a bit of interest In the suburb

I am looking on the good side of Hale rd and with the High School improving every year and the Tonkin/Roe Highway upgrades/ Airport industrial area I am thinking there should be growth. Plus its looking like one of the last suburbs 20kms from the CDB with affordable prices for land 700 +

As far as the new place I am looking there 1 strictly for the tax breaks a brand new place gives and 2 its access to the train, otherwise I am looking at to the East with I believe will be over supplied in the next few years or Ellenbrook way (South Geraldton)

cheers for the advice D.T.

Yeah neighboring suburbs wattle grove and high Wycombe are both worth a fair bit more but arent actually any better.

Sorry to hijack your thread but, DT, what do you think of Dawesville? I know its on the other side of Mandurah but land is cheap and the distances from water is incredible for the price down there.

yeah I grew up in Forrestfield on the good side so have shown a bit of interest In the suburb

I am looking on the good side of Hale rd and with the High School improving every year and the Tonkin/Roe Highway upgrades/ Airport industrial area I am thinking there should be growth. Plus its looking like one of the last suburbs 20kms from the CDB with affordable prices for land 700 +

As far as the new place I am looking there 1 strictly for the tax breaks a brand new place gives and 2 its access to the train, otherwise I am looking at to the East with I believe will be over supplied in the next few years or Ellenbrook way (South Geraldton)

cheers for the advice D.T.

Matt - may I suggest you also check our Clarkson and Butler in the North if new build depreciation and train access appeal to you.

Sorry to hijack your thread but, DT, what do you think of Dawesville? I know its on the other side of Mandurah but land is cheap and the distances from water is incredible for the price down there.

Never looked at it sorry

Hi I have successfully cashed out well of an investment and looking to re invest, want to stay in the perth market and currently looking at buying an older property in Forrestfield on 700+ sq/m

anyone finding Forrestfield as a nice investment opportunity?

also thinking of building an investment in the Mandurah area to even Golden Bay as I need the tax break from deprecation

Is the Mandurah area a good investment at the moment?

Any help or thoughts would be great

Hi Matt
I suggest you look at Landcorp, they are of course government body that are involved with private sector providing land development in some very well located pockets in metro area. There are a number of schools where the land will be developed, these represent excellent value and opportunity for massive growth, over subscribed but just try to secure something and you will make money.
Another option, try to get into Wellard if possible, this area ticks many boxes.

When I was building land and house packages I always chased Landcorp deves they provided best value at this time and growth:)

http://www.landcorp.com.au/?gclid=CMSXgu-vib4CFYWWvQodxy0ABQ

Hi Matt,

I have to disagree, I'm always cautious to suggest deprecation as something somebody needs to justify a purchase.

If you take into account all income variables; rent, capital growth and deprecation over a 10 year cycle deprecation makes up less than 10% of investor returns, so put more focus on the other 90% and seek our a great investment first.

If you have a good income to qualify for the 47.5% tax bracket then you should be able to adjust your budget in a way to be able to hold good assets.

Back