foundation movement issue review help (Uretek Vs Resin Inject)

Hi All,

My IP have got cracks all over the house over the years and its come to the point I will have to fix the foundation movement issue. Having checked no leaking pipes, no large trees around, I can only assume it is due to reactive soil (haven't done the geotechnical report yet).

I am considering using the resin inject method due to its less disruptive and lower cost benefit. I got two quotes from Uretek and Resin Inject company. Uretek quoted $25k, Resin Inject quoted $15k.

QUESTION 1: Has anyone used Resin Inject company to do similar jobs before? If so, any feedback/recommendation?

What has confused me is below:

1. Uretek quoted 34 lineal metre of treatment using 680kg of Uretek material - total cost = $25k

2. Resin Inject quoted 50 lineal metre using only 340kg of Resin Inject RSJ170 material.

QUESTION 2: Does this mean Uretek is injecting much deeper with more kg requirement and Resin Inject is injecting much less but bigger area?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Uretek diagram.JPG
    Uretek diagram.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 504
  • Resin Inject diagram.JPG
    Resin Inject diagram.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 463
This is a question I would definitely be asking the guys who did the quotes. You never know, Resin Inject might be more competitive because they're newer to the game. But the Urutek diagram looks more strategic, doesn't it.
I wouldn't start out by telling them that you've got varied quotes - just query their plans and why they're doing what they're doing.
That's a fair difference. Interested to see what you find out.

As part of the earthquake repair works in Christchurch for houses that have suffered from land settlement, I come across the Uretek relevel systems all the time, and they are generally pretty reliable at re-levelling to within +/-2mm. The Uretek systems often are applied with the use of computer controls to distribute the material into the ground evenly.

Neither system will prevent future dwelling settlement, that is really a geotech and foundation design issue rather than a re-levelling system issue.

Back