Foxtel

So who has it and do you recommend it?

We don't have it, we only had the equivalent when living in NZ during the winters as it was too cold to go outside!

They have sent us an offer for 15 months free Foxtel iQ so we can record etc. $521 minimum spend over 12 month contract.

I always considered it a bit of a doodad really. This seems like a good offer though and I do miss the cooking and travel shows! And of course my favourite, Grand Designs!

will never have it at my place, waste of time and money if you ask me...sooner be saving that sort of money and putting it towards a holiday....

mind you i go to a mates place often to watch the footy when its not free to air at home..............:)

others may love it but i find my time filled nicely already without watching the box too much...

would love it - but wouldn't be able to prise my backside off the couch and away from the lifestyle channel and the history channel ... so wouldn't spend any time painting or landscaping etc - so wouldn't be able to afford foxtel.

Got it - love it

Hello all,

Don't watch much TV - but have a core set of programs that I like to see.

Foxtel IQ lets me record every episode of a show at the touch of a button. I can then sit down and watch it when I choose to.

The 'pause' live tv feature is great for watching live sport as well.

Regards
a

Got it and love it. Never watch free to air anymore really except for Friday night footy. Plenty of great variety in channels. Heaps better news, current affairs, sport, documentaries, history, kids programming.

Having Fox doesn't mean you have to watch TV all day. I still watch less than most people I know, but when I do want to watch TV, Fox wins every time.

I booked installation for Friday!

My husband is the same Lizzie, give him a lounge, TV remote and some biscuits and he is set for life!

I am not a TV addict, prefer a good book anyday but I do have my few shows I love so am very excited to be able to watch them now instead of waiting for ABC to show them!

Well that's $500+ you will have to save again for you next ip ;P

I have it already installed here from the previous owners and it is tempting but really there is no need for it for me as there is so many programs on about renovating, gardening and home improvement lately anyway on free tv. I work at home in the day and there is a number of renovation programs on through the day plus I stay up late to watch all the late night renovation & auction shows etc.

Foxtel is great if your a big sports nut, but I think it will just be a great way to waste time watching 2 hour + movies that you could have spent that time working or whatever. I personally think there is enough variety of good enough programs on free tv anyway. If you really must watch movies then I think the local DVD rental store basically give them away these days on weekdays.

We have it (hubby's idea). At first it was a novelty and we watch all the home reno shows, bargain hunt etc. We only have the basic package and I tossed as to whether to upgrade as the shows I want aren't there (history and a few others). There are so many shows that are just repeats now. I don't watch TV much and it's frustrating when I want to just sit down and put something on and STILL there's nothing to watch.

I've nearly convinced hubby to get rid of it.

Do they still have ads on it? :rolleyes:

For the top of the range choice, you get to pre-record the programs and fast-forward through them.

Bewdy. :eek:

Love it love it love it!! We have IQ2 and the best bit is taping whatever you want to watch and then watch it when you want to and zip through all the ads.

And like others here we don't watch heaps of TV but now get to watch only what we are really interested in when it suits us.

We have it (hubby's idea). At first it was a novelty and we watch all the home reno shows, bargain hunt etc. We only have the basic package and I tossed as to whether to upgrade as the shows I want aren't there (history and a few others). There are so many shows that are just repeats now. I don't watch TV much and it's frustrating when I want to just sit down and put something on and STILL there's nothing to watch.

I've nearly convinced hubby to get rid of it.

yeah it was the same here, we had it for a couple of years and i realised we never really watched it, the other half said she got it so the kids could watch nickolodeon but it was a waste of money we got shot several months ago and dont miss it.

Also the quality of the picture is in the dark ages, we much prefer terrestrial, i.e. 2/7/9/10 and SBS in HD on our TV, there are some HD channels (4 or 5) with foxtel but they are not worth the extra money in my opinion and yes you have to pay extra for the HD channels

We have Optus which is Foxtel rebranded. I love it and would be very reluctant to give it up. We have the IQ box and would hate to give that up too.

We have regular digital tv, get to pause it live (leave it paused for hours sometimes), record stuff to watch later through the digital tv guide and zip through the ads etc. Child #1 complains no end when she's actually watching something live and can't zap the ads away.

We had satellite tv at the old house, just two channels but in all the time zones, was very handy being able to watch something from another state's feed early or late as it suited us.

I was always very anti pay tv and tv in general but signed up just for the business channel .

I find it a great up to the minute resource . Your money your call and the money maker shows are good .

I find the property night is a bit dry the times I have watched . Margaret Lomas does not do a lot for me apart from put me to sleep... The website is also very good IMHO .

had it for almost a yr now but will terminate when it comes up. I do like it and the kids love the disney stuff but not worth the $ and the shows are repeated endlessly. I also found I watch way more tv and less research or reading, so not going to make $ watching that rubbish.
The worse part is the kids watch crap american shows with canned laughter over and over, we saw the same episode 3 times in 3 days and my kids were glued to it each time. Had to wonder what thats doing to their brains :confused:
On the positive though there are some great shows on Discovery and National Geographics that they love with physics and science, so it probably all works out in the end.
I do remember being glued to the tv with cartoons when I was a kid and it all turned out ok. I think it did? :D

Don't watch it much at the moment, but would still never live without it. When I do want to watch live TV, I like to have choice.

I think it’s way too expensive. It’d just encourage me to watch more TV to get my monies worth. So many channels I would never watch. They’ve managed to spread out the good channels in all their packages so you feel compelled to purchase them all. I just think that amount of money can be spent on better entertainment ideas rather than watching TV. As an alternative, it’s way cheaper and better value to just have broadband and download shows such as Grand Designs.

I think it’s way too expensive. It’d just encourage me to watch more TV to get my monies worth. So many channels I would never watch. They’ve managed to spread out the good channels in all their packages so you feel compelled to purchase them all. I just think that amount of money can be spent on better entertainment ideas rather than watching TV. As an alternative, it’s way cheaper and better value to just have broadband and download shows such as Grand Designs.

I love Grand Designs!

It's back on the ABC at 6.10 every Thurday night - tonight!!!

(Note to self; stop off and buy a nice bottle of Chardy on the way home to sip in front of Kev Mcleod and his cohorts ;)).

I'm waiting for the day when a house is built on time, and on budget. :rolleyes:

How was last week in Bath, England - $300k UK POUNDs for the hole in the ground!!

Our son is onto us all the time to get it so he can watch Spongebob etc. No.

If you could just buy one or two channels and pay accordingly, I'd be in it.

Back