Foxtel

As a LL, Do you see any issue approving the tenants to subscribe to Foxtel? Is there anything i need to keep in mind?

Regards
b7277

If not via Tbox or similar device they will need to install a dish on the roof. I believe you will need the correct setup at the aerial point behind the TV as well but tennant would pay for this if they want it.

If not via Tbox or similar device they will need to install a dish on the roof. I believe you will need the correct setup at the aerial point behind the TV as well but tennant would pay for this if they want it.

Thank you FMS. I was worried about some structural damage. They want to install a dish on the roof.

As a LL, Do you see any issue approving the tenants to subscribe to Foxtel? Is there anything i need to keep in mind?

Regards
b7277
When this has been requested by our tenants, I just get the PM to send them a letter stating our conditions. I'm pretty sure the PM also get's them to sign something that states they have to pay all costs and the roof dish has to stay with the property when they leave, also if the installer causes any damage during installation then the tenant pays to repair. They always seem happy to agree.

I'm pretty sure most of our tenants have Foxtel, but my wife and I don't .... Hmmm I wonder if they could put the $100 plus per month to better use?...;)

Mystery

Foxtel appears to be available in six month packages- I always thought that it was much longer- like two years. So that may mean an increasing demand from tenants who would not have wanted to commit.

As a Landlord I have no issue aslong as they go through PM, Installed Professionally and Tenant pays for all installation and ongoing costs etc.

Also as a "Current" Tenant of a Rental Property, I asked the LL/PM if I could have foxtel installed as I enjoy it as a small Personal Leisure.
No issues. :)

Cheers,

Back