Frankston Agent commision fees. Whats reasonable?

Hi all, We're about to place a 4 bedroom home on the market and the agent has told us he will do 2.35% instead of 2.5%, although what threw me a little was that he'd scrubbed out the "Includes GST" part and then written the figure into another section "GST charge" which is around $900

I don't want to cause a scene but feel this is just a tadd unreasonable. What do you guys think? I'm pretty new to selling

On another note I'd like to tell you why we're doing this.
We've been investing for around 10 years now and working (AND stressing) very hard for at least that amount of time. It's slowly taken a physical and emotional toll on me (my back is now in trouble and constantly aches)

So we've worked hard to get to where we are now building the portfolio that we think it's time to enjoy some of the fruits of our labour by selling up over consecutive tax years and paying off alot of the mortgage. This will allow me to reach the goal of almost financial freedom and I can relax and take some time off. We've only ever used any of our equity to purchase more property, nothing other than that.

We will replenish with another higher priced property, and even a commercial for now but that's later. Need to put more though into that.

So instead of 2.5% inc GST he is doing you a discounted rate of 2.35% + GST = 2.585%. Move on to another agent that doesnt play games.

Most agents around that end of the woods tend to go for about 2 - 2.5% so the quote is not too far off the mark. I assume you've already determined that they are the right agent for reasons other than price, though?

Also - Worth noting that 2.35% plus GST is more than 2.5% including GST.

What extras are there on top of the commission? Are they including a thorough marketing campaign (photos, plan, re.com/domain, A4 brochures, signage, A5 letterbox drops etc)in the fee?

Try Daniel McGlashan at Eview Real Estate in Frankston, he has recently moved to that office from Harcourts in Seaford where he was highly regarded, very nice guy as well.

Last edited:
Can't imagine why anyone is selling in Frankston - now is the time to be buying.

Try Daniel McGlashan at Eview Real Estate in Frankston, he has recently moved to that office from Harcourts in Seaford where he was highly regarded, very nice guy as well.

They are all nice guys in the beginning - that's how they get listings. But the proof of the pudding (if you are selling) is what % of his sales exceed the median price?

should of tried eview, there excellent! I dealt with them a few times and really happy with there process

They are not too bad - but (if you are selling, I am told) they will still talk you down in the current hot market.

They are all nice guys in the beginning - that's how they get listings. But the proof of the pudding (if you are selling) is what % of his sales exceed the median price?

Well he was nice over 20 years ago when I first met him and he continues to be until this day, he's a highly respected professional also and well worth contacting whether buying or selling.

Last edited:

Well he was nice over 20 years ago when I first met him and he continues to be until this day, he's a highly respected professional also and well worth contacting whether buying or selling.

You have known him 20 years? That's nice. Based on his pic, he looks barely 30 yrs old. I surmise from this that you went to school together.
http://www.ratemyagent.com.au/real-...han/ef2465f6-7a72-4327-acb0-2792eaee2b3a.html

If folks are selling, I think the best question to ask is "what % of his sales are above the median?"

If folks are buying, trust nobody - do your own homework and buy the cheapest of the cheap.

Back