Frankston North bad stories?

Being an investor in Frankston North I'm wondering if any property owners, or former property owners in Frankston North have any horry stories that they have experienced. I'm quite happy with the tenant that we have in our place at the moment and I can't understand why Frankston North has such a bad reputation. The the surface people may look poor in the area, but despite people saying it's full of scums I haven't heard any investors having a bad tenant in the area.

Being an investor in Frankston North I'm wondering if any property owners, or former property owners in Frankston North have any horry stories that they have experienced. I'm quite happy with the tenant that we have in our place at the moment and I can't understand why Frankston North has such a bad reputation. The the surface people may look poor in the area, but despite people saying it's full of scums I haven't heard any investors having a bad tenant in the area.

Sorry Pickle Pickle nohard luck story here. The tenant I have had in my IP for the last year and a half is almost perfect! Always in advance on rent, makes own repairs and always happy for a chat:)

For as long as there have been property owners letting buildings to tenants, either for the purpose of shelter or to conduct business, there have been incidents of "tenants from hell" stories to be told. But to be fair, there are many wonderful stories also.

Of course you may not be able to avoid them each time, but if you/your PM screen your tenants well, you can minimise the risk.

In your case it seems, you've done well. :)

Hi Monopoly

I by know means meant to give theimpression I have been blessed with great tenants. The Frankston North Tenant is a dream.

My Rosebud house on the other hand... Where do I start! Consecutive tenants vanadalised and trashed the place making it unliveable whilst my insurance advised it was not malicious damage.

The last tenants left (by that i mean where arrested for aggravated assault and are now serving time in the clink) and on their way out smashed 8 windows and a kitchen!! The rest of the house was just left filthy.

Had conducted inspections for the first year and both lots of tenants had been fine and then got a bit to trusting and obvioulsy left too long between inspections.

One mistake I won't make again:eek:

Hi Monopoly

I by know means meant to give theimpression I have been blessed with great tenants. The Frankston North Tenant is a dream.

My Rosebud house on the other hand... Where do I start! Consecutive tenants vanadalised and trashed the place making it unliveable whilst my insurance advised it was not malicious damage.

The last tenants left (by that i mean where arrested for aggravated assault and are now serving time in the clink) and on their way out smashed 8 windows and a kitchen!! The rest of the house was just left filthy.

Had conducted inspections for the first year and both lots of tenants had been fine and then got a bit to trusting and obvioulsy left too long between inspections.

One mistake I won't make again:eek:
Sorry to hear of your tenant woes PL.:(

Sadly Rosebud, albeit has potential does have a few issues that have yet to be addressed. For starters, caravan struned along the foreshore make beaches almost inaccessible for day trippers and their families. Not that there is anything wrong with caravans but those that make these their PPOR tend to obstruct what is otherwise picturesque bay views!! :eek:

Never had a problem with any of my tenants in Frankston North - without exception, they all seem to be long termers and don't want to move out. I plan to develop my Frankston North properties as they are all on dual occ block. Actually the whole suburb is ripe for development as the council is very generous in allowing people to put up new buildings.

Does anyone know a firm but fair property manager in the area?

Yes I agree that in the past there have been social problems , however, there are many people who make a contribution to society who grew up there.
I have a great tenant:p

My tenant in Frankston North is an axe wielding murderer, has been in jail numerous times drug dealing, is a wife basher, car thief and pays his rent late all the time, not to mention him trashing the house on a weekly basis.

Don't buy in this area, too many bad tenants, buy in Toorak instead. Might even end up being Deltaberry's and Deewah's neighbour ;) Actually, I think I'll stick to Frankston North. :D

Good and bad tenants everywhere, it's growth your aiming for, as long as they pay the rent, she'll be right mate.

Back