Frankston North

Hi,
I'm still looking into buying a IP in Frankston. Would you know how I would go about finding the vacancy rate for Frankston North?

Also, how would I know how much rate a particular property can generate? Can I trust what the agents trying to sell the house is telling me?

Thanks.

I wish I could sell my Frankston North property for the amount the property below apparently sold for.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-frankston+north-106231595

Here is a list of cheapies in North Frankston. Imagine that.....redevelopable dual occ sites with perfectly rentable homes selling for around $300,000. Anyone seeking capital gain won't go wrong buying some of these. http://www.realestate.com.au/buy/pr...ton+north,+vic+3200/list-1?source=refinements

Hi,
I'm still looking into buying a IP in Frankston. Would you know how I would go about finding the vacancy rate for Frankston North?

Also, how would I know how much rate a particular property can generate? Can I trust what the agents trying to sell the house is telling me?

Thanks.

December API magazine has it for all post codes

postcode 3200 - Sept 2009 3.3%, Sept 2010 0.6%

About to re let mine, so will see how busy it is shortly, booting the tenant atm.

Look at comparable properties for rent on realestate.com.au or ask other agents from a different agency for a range and the factors that determine where the properties sit in the range for the area.

Good luck with your buying.

I just have to ask.

Since the pick of ex commission houses in Frankston NTH are closing in on $300k is it time to pay an extra $50k or so and buy something in a better location in Frankston itself?
What about Karingal?
Personally my mindset is to spend $350k or so somewhere in Frankston and buy a house which has some living area, possibly an ensuite and a layout which will be more atractive to tenants over the next 10 years.
Am I on the wrong channel?

I just have to ask.

Since the pick of ex commission houses in Frankston NTH are closing in on $300k is it time to pay an extra $50k or so and buy something in a better location in Frankston itself?
What about Karingal?
Personally my mindset is to spend $350k or so somewhere in Frankston and buy a house which has some living area, possibly an ensuite and a layout which will be more atractive to tenants over the next 10 years.

I don't think you can go wrong with either of those options.

I just have to ask.

What about Karingal?

You are spot on.

Frankston North prices have risen and although there is still more capital gain to be had, it may be time to look at Frankston proper (Karingal etc) for better value.

FYI just kicked out my tenant from my Frankston North IP for rent arrears. Caused several thousand $$$$ damage as a parting gift. If you are about to let a property in the area, feel free to PM me and i will let you know the name of the tenant.
BTW AAMI have been extremely unhelpful, if you are insured with them for landlords insurance i suggest you re - evaluate it.

Apparently according to AAMI, punching holes in doors, ripping curtains and fly screens, kicking in base boards around outside of house and various other acts of obvious vandalism arent considered "malicious damage" and are not covered by there landlord policy. Have asked for it to be reviewed before going the ombudmen then lawyers route. Time will tell.

At the moment i am vastly more pissed off with AAMI than the tenant. The reason you insure is to protect yourself against these types of events. The laws of probability suggest you will get a bad tenant at some point, but to then find the insurance company less than helpful on your first attempt at claiming something, after insuring with them for years and having multiple policies with them, is very disappointing.

....Apparently according to AAMI, punching holes in doors, ripping curtains and fly screens, kicking in base boards around outside of house and various other acts of obvious vandalism arent considered "malicious damage" and are not covered by there landlord policy. Have asked for it to be reviewed before going the ombudmen then lawyers route. Time will tell.....

Do you have Landlord Insurance with Tenant Protection?

Standard Landlord Insurance excludes deliberate or intentional acts committed by you or someone acting on your behalf or by any person who enters the site or your landlord building with your consent; this includes your tenant unless you have covered your insured property under AAMI Landlord Insurance with Tenant Protection (from AAMI's website)

Do you have Landlord Insurance with Tenant Protection?

Standard Landlord Insurance excludes deliberate or intentional acts committed by you or someone acting on your behalf or by any person who enters the site or your landlord building with your consent; this includes your tenant unless you have covered your insured property under AAMI Landlord Insurance with Tenant Protection (from AAMI's website)

yep tenant protection, they are arguing that those acts aren't malicious. I can't understand on what planet those acts wouldnt be considered malicious.

yep tenant protection, they are arguing that those acts aren't malicious. I can't understand on what planet those acts wouldnt be considered malicious.

Hi everyone, i've been monitoring this forum for a little while now and decided since I've just signed a contract in Frankston North it might be a good time to get involved in this conversation. I'll be looking for tenants shortly so would be very grateful if you could advise who these tenants are so I can avoid them like the plague. Seems like Frankston North is a good place to invest in the long term and i've been watching the prices rise constantly over the last 12 months which is a good sign.

Would be interested to know what people's thoughts are of the property i have just gone to paper on in Honeysuckle street and hopefully I didn't miss anything with this property as I was really happy with the size and development potential around the back.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-frankston+north-107126137#

Last edited:
I'm about to buy another in Frankston North, figure it could be a good time with bypass nearly complete and Seaford jumping over the last 6 months. Frankston North usually follows Seaford lead...........
I recon prices will go through the roof after bypass opens

I'm about to buy another in Frankston North, figure it could be a good time with bypass nearly complete and Seaford jumping over the last 6 months. Frankston North usually follows Seaford lead...........
I recon prices will go through the roof after bypass opens

I don't see how the bypass will be a postive for Frankston North. Would you like to explain what benefit the pines has with the bypass.

I agree with Righteous, Righteous was talking about Frankston North and for some reason you need to drop 'The Pines'. The bypass should put more demand on any property situated on the Bayside of Bypass. Anything on outside like - Cranbourne, Skye, Carrum Downs etc will be the cheaper side of the tracks. Article in Herald Sun today showing massive growth in Crime, Drugs & Violence in city of Casey & Greater Dandenong.

Eventually all the bogans and dregs who once lived in Frankston will be pushed into these areas. Have you taken a look at Belvedere shops lately? The creape myrtles and gardens surrounding look fantastic. I tip my hat in the direction of Frankston council. They have a vision

The on ramp for Frankston Bypass is less than 1km away from Ballarto rd end of Frankston North. How can that not be a good thing?

Frankston North is already close to the Seaford Rd on pass to Frankston Freeway, which leads to Eastlink.

I'm concerned about the bypass for Frankston North property prices as now there is a freeway going to run through the back of it, which may increase noise in the area. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think the bypass will have any postive effects on price for Frankston North as I can't see it improving travel to the city from Frankston North, but there maybe some noise effects from traffic on the bypass.

Frankston North is already close to the Seaford Rd on pass to Frankston Freeway, which leads to Eastlink.

I'm concerned about the bypass for Frankston North property prices as now there is a freeway going to run through the back of it, which may increase noise in the area. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think the bypass will have any postive effects on price for Frankston North as I can't see it improving travel to the city from Frankston North, but there maybe some noise effects from traffic on the bypass.

http://www.peninsulalink.com.au/Overview/Default.aspx

Project Benefits
Easing of traffic congestion on surrounding roads such as the Frankston Freeway and Moorooduc Highway.
A 25 kilometre shared use walking and cycling path starting in Patterson Lakes and connecting with other popular paths in the area.
Contemporary design that considers motorists and the community, with particular care taken through sensitive areas like the Pines Flora and Fauna Reserve.
More than 1.5 million plants, shrubs and trees will be planted along the freeway corridor to improve the environment.
Peninsula Link will enable motorists to travel from Melbourne's CBD to Rosebud without experiencing a traffic light.
More than 35 bridges and 18,000 square metres of retaining walls.
http://www.peninsulalink.com.au/Overview/Default.aspx

Anyone who thinks the bypass won't have a good effect on Frankston North has their head burried in the sand. Investors are jumping into the area. I agree it could take 5 - 10yrs for full benefits but eventually prices will be close to median. Look at the fantastic location. The area is gentrifying fast due to the small size of the suburb. Ask anyone who grew up around Frankston how much better it is now

Back