Frankston North

The area is booming, with more to come as older houses on dual occ sites are replaced with new dwellings.

It will be the cheap suburbs like North Frankston that will outperform the rest of Melbourne.

Anyone who thinks the bypass won't have a good effect on Frankston North has their head burried in the sand. Investors are jumping into the area. I agree it could take 5 - 10yrs for full benefits but eventually prices will be close to median. Look at the fantastic location. The area is gentrifying fast due to the small size of the suburb. Ask anyone who grew up around Frankston how much better it is now

Why do you think people who think the bypass won't be good for Frankston North have there heads in the sand? I asked a specific question about the bypass and how it will be postive for Frankston North. There has been lots of defensive responses to my question, which I feel don't answer the question but rather point out the other postives of Frankston North. One answer gave us the postive of the bypass as a whole. I don't doubt the bypass has it's benifits, however how does the bypass benifit Frankston North? I have already mentioned the potential negatives and have also stated it won't improve travel to the CBD from Frankston North.

I have an investment in Frankston North, so I don't need convincing about it's potential. People are saying that the bypass will be good for Frankston North, I just want to know how?

I have an investment in Frankston North, so I don't need convincing about it's potential. People are saying that the bypass will be good for Frankston North, I just want to know how?

Time will tell. You will see. Don't overthink the situation. The more roads the better. Being neurotic or pedantic about such things won't help. Take a couple of Bex and have a good lie down - she'll be right.

Why do you think people who think the bypass won't be good for Frankston North have there heads in the sand? I asked a specific question about the bypass and how it will be postive for Frankston North. There has been lots of defensive responses to my question, which I feel don't answer the question but rather point out the other postives of Frankston North. One answer gave us the postive of the bypass as a whole. I don't doubt the bypass has it's benifits, however how does the bypass benifit Frankston North? I have already mentioned the potential negatives and have also stated it won't improve travel to the CBD from Frankston North.

Afternoon all

Must say I am unsure how the bypass will positively effect Frankston North. I am sure it will but would like to ask why?

Frankston North already has easy direct access to the freeway/ Eastlink this will not be improved upon. With the bypass now making it easier to travel to areas beyond Frankston it would seem that the suburbs that will benefit mostly will be those the otherside of Frankston. The glut of cars that currently gather at the end of the freeway as you enter Frankston will hopefully be a headache we no longer have.

The benefit I can see is related to the last point. Living in North frankston means you often get caught in this traffic glut if you choose to travel to Frankston at the wrong time. This problem will be alleviated no doubt.

Maybe another benefit is it will be quicker to travel down to Rosebud/ Sorrento Portsea for the day.

If anyone else can articulate any other benefits I would be happy to hear.

Cheers

Afternoon all

Must say I am unsure how the bypass will positively effect Frankston North. I am sure it will but would like to ask why?

Frankston North already has easy direct access to the freeway/ Eastlink this will not be improved upon. With the bypass now making it easier to travel to areas beyond Frankston it would seem that the suburbs that will benefit mostly will be those the otherside of Frankston. The glut of cars that currently gather at the end of the freeway as you enter Frankston will hopefully be a headache we no longer have.

The benefit I can see is related to the last point. Living in North frankston means you often get caught in this traffic glut if you choose to travel to Frankston at the wrong time. This problem will be alleviated no doubt.

Maybe another benefit is it will be quicker to travel down to Rosebud/ Sorrento Portsea for the day.

If anyone else can articulate any other benefits I would be happy to hear.

Cheers

Will ease traffic congestion. You driven down to where Eastlink meets the old highway? It's a bottle neck much like how the Monash meets up at Gippsland.

Take a look at Ballarto Rd between McDonalds and the Bypass, looks like they are cleaning up the scruffy old median strips either side of the road down towards the bypass. This will tie in well with the lovely creape myrtles along the front of Belvedere shops. Around the corner on Frankston Dandenong rd new road and gutters have been layed and garden beds on nature strip / median area have stopped cars being parked there for sale. It's all good i'd say.......... The flow on effect from bypass works will be great for the cosmetic look of the area

As a investor in Frankston North but not a local I wasn't aware of the issues of getting to Eastlink from Seaford Rd (never had an issue when I drive there). So I now can see the Pennisula link is good for Frankston North.

I'm now more intersted in property managers in Frankston North. The PM I'm with is cheap (5.5% including GST) but I wonder about them. They seem to do inspections without telling me or the result of them. However they seem to be getting better with there service over time. When we started with them they made me feel like a criminal about any questions I had, at least they now advise us when we should increase the rent.

PM me about PM's in Frankston and your experinces with them. Once my tenants leaves (which might be never) I'm considering getting a new PM as I want a PM I have confidence in and am prepared to pay more for it.

Not really familiar with the area but south east suburbs near to beaches surely must have many positives :)
Swampy marsh lands of the western suburbs with beach access dont appear to be nearly as inviting. Dont think we really know the socio economic status of those newer areas as yet

[QUOTE=Landlover;767680]Not really familiar with the area but south east suburbs near to beaches surely must have many positives :)
Swampy marsh lands of the western suburbs with beach access dont appear to be nearly as inviting. Dont think we really know the socio economic status of those newer areas as yet[/QUOTE]

here here, give it 5 or 10 years and anything Bayside between City and Mt Martha will be unafordable for average Joe and co

Assuming that you mean the Frankston North is considered bayside, what do you mean by average Joe?

Do you mean that in 5-10 years Frankston North will be above the Melbourne median?

I hope your right that Frankston North is around the median of Melbourne prices in the next 10 years.

I'll be happy if it's not in the 10 cheapest suburbs in Melbourne.

Just take a look at its location, worse ghetto type areas will spring up in further out places like Cranbourne, Craigieburn, Melton etc....

Not really familiar with the area but south east suburbs near to beaches surely must have many positives :)
Swampy marsh lands of the western suburbs with beach access dont appear to be nearly as inviting. Dont think we really know the socio economic status of those newer areas as yet

Century 21 Wentworth Crowders. Kerrie and Linda are fantastic.

You never really see the value of PM's until you have a bad tenant. I just had one and they were fantastic in handling it and helping coordinate repairs, VCAT and Insurance(although dont get me started on AAMI - I will be moving ALL my insurance away from them as a result and would recommend no one use them for landlord insurance/tenant protection). Also in re letting quickly.

Century 21 Wentworth Crowders. Kerrie and Linda are fantastic.

You never really see the value of PM's until you have a bad tenant. I just had one and they were fantastic in handling it and helping coordinate repairs, VCAT and Insurance(although dont get me started on AAMI - I will be moving ALL my insurance away from them as a result and would recommend no one use them for landlord insurance/tenant protection). Also in re letting quickly.

I agree, Century 21st are very very good.

Back