Frankston prices increased???

OK, it's only 2br and may be on half a block, but given it's central Franga (Parer St), surely this would be worth $250k plus, rather than the $195-235k quoted?

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2008070984

anyone called the agent yet to find out? some agents will tell you straight out how much, some will only reveal indicators, some will flat out refuse, thats my experience with frankston agents, I thought it was illegal to tell you flat out

Distance to beach: Frankston

Whilst not wishing to sound too doomsdayish; as an investor I think we need to consider the possibility of rising sea levels over the next 50 years. My point is that "being too close" to the water may have potnetial issues and we should not be too concerned with buying properties up to 2km away?

:eek:

Rent and yield Frankston

For what it's worth my ip 3 bed/bungalo in Frankston around Beach St and west of freeway is $280pw with a value around $305,000 a yield of 4.8%.

Whats everyones thought on this one, im not interested in it,

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/pro...ver=Emails&s_cid=HomeAlert:VIC&haprof=1158120

however, even though being a unit, location is tops, and I was under the impression that most units on this st sell for $500k+

some units in other less prestigious areas in frankston are fetching up to $350k, so on comparison, this one seems to be really good value...

Just my opinion

Its not a unit, its a flat/apartment in a block from what I can see of at least 12. Recent sales info confirm no 8 (also a 2 bedder) in the same block selling for $385k. So an asking price of $389,500 seems to be around market value. I don't know its condition or aspect and how it compares to this one.

Number 10 (also renovated and a 2 bedder) is being advertised for rent through Century 21 at $280pw. However as always, please do your own due diligence because I don't follow this market segment closely.

Last edited:
Frankston prices to go UP

Whilst Frankston is some distance from Melbourne CBD it does have rail and good freeway access. It is recognised as the gateway to the peninsula and with some savy marketing it can become the hub between the southern recreational areas and Melbourne.

Frankston itself will benefit from construction of the marina and ongoing city development that when combined with TAFE, University access, hospital and upgraded railway station must surely impact on property prices? When more investors, middle income and high income earners see the light and buy into this suburb a new demographic will emerge that will change the image literally overnight.

Beach + Rail + Marina + Ferry + Peninsula + New freeway + Low costs = Mad if you don't buy in now!

Cheers

yeah most important indicator in frankston is how much the centrelink cheques are for the single mums out there. If those cheques go up by 10% then you might expect a similar increase in property rents/prices. problem solved

yeah Docklands has a marina and soon people are going to see the light and buy into the suburb too cause its image is going to literally change overnight! LOL hahahaha *puts back marijuana*

Beach + Rail + Marina + Ferry + Peninsula + New freeway + Low costs = Mad if you don't buy in now!
Cheers

You really don't need to say what many people and agents have said or tried to say before,

Frankston is a touchy suburb on these forums, and yourself being a newbie, coming on and saying how good it is, has all been done before,

I like the area, but its just like any other suburb, has its pros and cons, I seriously doubt the suburb will shoot up like a rocket significantly more then any other suburb in the future,

also, the more you rant about the suburb the less credible you seem because people will start thinking you are an agent trying to talk up the suburb or you are trying to convince yourself!

yeah most important indicator in frankston is how much the centrelink cheques are for the single mums out there. If those cheques go up by 10% then you might expect a similar increase in property rents/prices. problem solved....*puts back marijuana*

ROFLMAO:p

(unnecessary characters)

yeah most important indicator in frankston is how much the centrelink cheques are for the single mums out there. If those cheques go up by 10% then you might expect a similar increase in property rents/prices. problem solved

yeah Docklands has a marina and soon people are going to see the light and buy into the suburb too cause its image is going to literally change overnight! LOL hahahaha *puts back marijuana*

Aazar, hahaha, so harsh yet so true!

Sorry to sound indulgent, but I grew up in the inner east, went to an exclusive private school in Kew (third generation family member at that school), own a business in Richmond and have recently moved to Oliver's Hill in a $mil plus, two storey property with sensational bay biews.

We love the lifestyle and already have no intentions of ever leaving.

But feel free to pigeon hole all Frankstonites :)

Sorry to sound indulgent, but I grew up in the inner east, went to an exclusive private school in Kew (third generation family member at that school), own a business in Richmond and have recently moved to Oliver's Hill in a $mil plus, two storey property with sensational bay biews.

We love the lifestyle and already have no intentions of ever leaving.

But feel free to pigeon hole all Frankstonites :)

Relax, dude. My story is pretty much the same as yours (without the view, unfortunately) but I saw the light before you & moved from the inner east over 7 years ago now. Was supposed to be temporary but we loved it so much we'll never go back.
You get accustomed to the Frankston bashing from friends in the inner suburbs who have never been there. Nevertheless, one of the great things about Frankston is that it's a whole social microcosm. You can't deny that there are some pretty rough elements and it has some issues (thus the establishment of our own Domestic Violence Court, for example). I long ago stopped pretending that these elements didn't exist as I have come to really appreciate the diversity. Otherwise you may as well live in Brighton (sorry Brighton-ites; it's just not my cup of tea).

I long ago stopped pretending that these elements didn't exist as I have come to really appreciate the diversity. Otherwise you may as well live in Brighton (sorry Brighton-ites; it's just not my cup of tea).

I've found most people who bag that suburb can't afford to live there, by chance that wouldn't be you would it?

I doubt people would not be able to afford living in Frankston. It doesn't exactly set a very high bar in terms of house prices or in its attraction to live there

Many yrs ago, we opened a business there when I was a kid. Remember I used to drive up with my folks every now and then to see how the minor shareholders and managers were doing. The business was a complete failure. Just a dead place everytime we went - nobody. So just speaking from commercial experience really.

Back