Frankston VIC: Australia's Cheapest Marina Suburb?

Until this part of your statement, I thought you did have a bit of a clue - even though you don't own any property.

Its easy enough to insult agents. We are a soft target, everyones whipping boy. I'm not ashamed to be renting - not everyone can afford to own a home.

Why should we agents market the marina - the marina doesnt pay our salaries. The marina will drive Frankston prices out of reach of ordinary people and that goes against everything i stand for. The marina may be an inevitablity but I'm not going to be out there promoting it when it is going to drive out people much like me - average people on average salaries who wont be able to afford to live here.

As for median prices. How immoral is it to monetize peoples homes with medians? I'm not paid to provide this information to anyone. The law allows me to withold this information and I regularly do. People who want it can get it themselves. All you greedy investor-sellers want is to "beat the median". In your greed, you cant spare a moments thought for ordinary people who just want to buy a cheap home near the sea.

As for "dual occ". I and most of my co-workers dont disclose this when selling.
Why? Do we want Frankston to be a developers paradise? No! The houses here are solid and mostly dont need demolition. I'd prefer to sell a house to an ordinary battler than to a developer who'd pull down a perfectly good building and replace it with two "townhouses"
The council acted wrongly when it rezoned much of Frankston & Frankston North. Its not what the area needs.

Lets keep Frankston the way it is. What you people call progress is only for those with money.

which agent do you work for frankstonagent??

If you want an appraisal please PM me with your details, including address and mobile phone number.

"Market value" is a better means of valuing your home than the often quoted "median price" The median is not a good way of valuing your home even though it appears higher.

I know many buyers who can settle quickly, within days, if you are prepared to be reasonable in your pricing.

From my posts, you will know that I am an honest person and I wont mislead you about the poor state of the current market given the global meltdown. The best suggestion is for you to hold your sale until construction of the marina starts. Either way I am happy to help when you are ready to sell at a fair price

Why should we agents market the marina - the marina doesnt pay our salaries. The marina will drive Frankston prices out of reach of ordinary people and that goes against everything i stand for. The marina may be an inevitablity but I'm not going to be out there promoting it when it is going to drive out people much like me - average people on average salaries who wont be able to afford to live here.

Lets keep Frankston the way it is. What you people call progress is only for those with money.
So if frankstonagent really is an agent, then what Dr K and a few others have been stating, has been correct all along. I.e, there are agents that are trying to keep a lid on prices making it easier for them to sell but not worrying too much about the vendor :eek::mad:

Regards
Marty

So if frankstonagent really is an agent, then what Dr K and a few others have been stating, has been correct all along. I.e, there are agents that are trying to keep a lid on prices making it easier for them to sell but not worrying too much about the vendor :eek::mad:
Regards
Marty

The question to ask is "why did you originally buy in Frankston?" Were you after a fast buck? Or did you want an affordable home by the sea?

My loyalty is to the area and its 100+ year old history of being a place where ordinary people - not greedy developers - can afford to buy a house near the beach.

Homeownership is everyones dream. Why should we hand the keys to Frankston to developers who'd ruin the place, most dont even live here. If you call that "putting a lid on prices" then I'm proud that I prefer to spend my time with "battler" buyers than with greedy developers who want quick profits.

Wouldn't suprise me if Frankstonagent, Dr K & Yachtiefrankston were all the same person. This thread really has become a joke

I'm beginning to wonder the same thing. This thread is really annoying me. I really feel that this is all a joke to someone???

I'm beginning to wonder the same thing. This thread is really annoying me. I really feel that this is all a joke to someone???

Ditto

I agree and I smell rat...

frankstonyatchie, DrK etal and Farnksontagent etc all sound to be a 'made-up' con job !

This thread has gone to the dogs.

Why cant everyone just take a chill pill and stop demonising each other (investors vs agents) and get back to finding good deals and selling properties.

What a joke this is... very juvenile and correctly reflective of intellectual retardness of those that get involved in such a childish, school yard blame game..

Human

So now we find out Frankstonite is Frankstonagent, I can't believe you have opened up another account. So lame, this thread really does stink

Wouldn't suprise me if Frankstonagent, Dr K & Yachtiefrankston were all the same person. This thread really has become a joke

You are totally deluysional Bayside. What other conspiracy will you expose tomorrow? But then again, anyone posting a personal pic on their profile as you do must have a few ulterior motives of your own. Are you tryng to pickup here are you? This is not a dating site. Why not post pics of your IP instead?

Count me out or your deluysional posts and associate me with anyone else. Ive watched this forum for many months and never once posted until agents started being unjustly bashed here and on twitter. The twitter intimidation against agents by investors in the last month has been the last straw. We have individually been threatened by sms & email with legal action. Nobody likes bullies and that is what you people are trying to do. You have another thing coming if you think we will take this laying down.

You non resident owners think you can come here and throw your weight around. All you want are cheap deals. You have no other interest. If there wasnt money to be made here, you wont be here! I dont see your types volunteering at schools or doing community work. In short you dont belong here?!

DrK doesnt even live here. What gives him the right to be posting here??!! He belongs in Toorak no less. And Yachtie - the elite name says it all. They are speculaters. You wont see the likes of DrK working in local hospitals here, they are too busy making money. Will these people actually live here? No, its beneath them.

Take a look at the twitter threats against agents- it makes my blood boil: www.twitter.com/frankstonowners

Any decent person would be angered by the agent baiting going on. We agents are decent and hardworking people, like anyone else. We need to make a living and dont need to be bogged down in arguing with agent bashers like you Bayside.

A sense of ethics stopped me from posting here in the year or so that i discovered this forum.. I watched, read, learned by coming to this forum. I didnt utter a word as it was not my place to do so.

In less than 24 hours since posting here i have received several PMs from people wanting wait-for-it .......cheap deals.

I'm guessing that the PMers are all non residents. You betcha.

Well, if you genuinely wanted to buy a house why not go to Playne St and look at all the shop windows displaying houses for sale? Is it too hard to drive here?

If you are trying to bait us into selling you houses below market rates, forget it. As you well know, from the threats we have received, we could lose our licences for that.

My suggestion to you is that you should find your own cheap deals. I have little patience for tire kickers

Last edited:
Whats good for the goose

I have been trying to defend the reputation of my industry and our beautiful seaside resort for sometime and have come to the conclusion that there is not much a scummy, dishonest, unloyal, cheating, coniving, scamming and lying agent like myself can do.

I will continue to sell homes for the highest amount possible for my vendors and I have countless testimonials providing evidence of a job well done. I too, like frankstonagent and my colleagues have had enough of the belittling and demoralising of my industry. We know who posts what under most circumstances and also know who is responsible for the twitter, emails and sms's that were recently sent to Frankston agents. One of my colleagues who was named as selling below the median holds the record for the highest price for a South Frankston Unit and also for a Frankston heights standard home. The accusations are unfounded and a pointless waste of time on his behalf. Action is currently being planned by my company in conjunction with 2 others to end this bullying.

As for the median price... Funny how you so called honest and smart investors won't pay above median for property but then blame the agent for selling below this mark. Seems like double dutch to me. The median is the middle price between the high and low figures. It doesn't take an Einstein to know that some homes don't stack up to median price Dah.

Im glad you guys find this thread to be rubbish now because that is what it has been for a while. A brag page of stuck up and uneducated morons with nothing better to do than blow their own trumpet and complain when things don't go their way... boo-hoo. :mad:

I will proudly defend my reputation, that of my industry and that of the city I am proud to call home. The marina is being overly exaggerated (and I don't have to mention it in every ad), the Peninsula bypass is coming like it or not and I write the ad copies on homes based on the merits of the home and not an investors perspective of Eutopian Frankston. Imagine looking for a home on re.com to have every single ad reading like a broken record appealing to investors based on the marina etc. Think before you type. I and other agents work for our vendors and are employed to sell their property which they have loved and an advertisement should reflect this.

So bring on the backlash from my post as Im sure to have trod on some toes, but you know what? I don't care, I have houses to list and sell and clients to please. My job is rewarding and I enjoy the relationships I have made over the years and the referals that keep coming through a high work and moral ethics.

I have been trying to defend the reputation of my industry and our beautiful seaside resort for sometime and have come to the conclusion that there is not much a scummy, dishonest, unloyal, cheating, coniving, scamming and lying agent like myself can do.

I will continue to sell homes for the highest amount possible for my vendors and I have countless testimonials providing evidence of a job well done. I too, like frankstonagent and my colleagues have had enough of the belittling and demoralising of my industry. We know who posts what under most circumstances and also know who is responsible for the twitter, emails and sms's that were recently sent to Frankston agents. One of my colleagues who was named as selling below the median holds the record for the highest price for a South Frankston Unit and also for a Frankston heights standard home. The accusations are unfounded and a pointless waste of time on his behalf. Action is currently being planned by my company in conjunction with 2 others to end this bullying.

As for the median price... Funny how you so called honest and smart investors won't pay above median for property but then blame the agent for selling below this mark. Seems like double dutch to me. The median is the middle price between the high and low figures. It doesn't take an Einstein to know that some homes don't stack up to median price Dah.

Im glad you guys find this thread to be rubbish now because that is what it has been for a while. A brag page of stuck up and uneducated morons with nothing better to do than blow their own trumpet and complain when things don't go their way... boo-hoo. :mad:

I will proudly defend my reputation, that of my industry and that of the city I am proud to call home. The marina is being overly exaggerated (and I don't have to mention it in every ad), the Peninsula bypass is coming like it or not and I write the ad copies on homes based on the merits of the home and not an investors perspective of Eutopian Frankston. Imagine looking for a home on re.com to have every single ad reading like a broken record appealing to investors based on the marina etc. Think before you type. I and other agents work for our vendors and are employed to sell their property which they have loved and an advertisement should reflect this.

So bring on the backlash from my post as Im sure to have trod on some toes, but you know what? I don't care, I have houses to list and sell and clients to please. My job is rewarding and I enjoy the relationships I have made over the years and the referals that keep coming through a high work and moral ethics.

here here. i agree totally

Illustration of the type of poster Bayside is:

What I said in response to a poster stating that murders happen elsewhere.
Agreed, but if you have been keeping up with this thread you would have noticed the irony. The street this murder occurred in is the one that Bayview lived off for 7 months. That is why I posted the link.

Bayside's response to my question regarding where he lived in Frankston North, "The Pines".
Just off Excelsior Drive across from The Seaford Hotel Frankston North.
I might add most of locals drive much nicer cars than I do.

Then this dribble.
I never lived in Excelsior Drive, get your facts straight. I will no longer respond to your ridiculous behaviour.

So, Terry/Sam, whatever your name is, did you live down here for your DD or not? And when are you coming down to discuss my points with me? I've offered twice already and you've chosen to focus on your split personality theory. The coffee is on me.

We can invite Yachtie, Funky and FrankstonAgent also. I'm deadly serious. Dr K can come too if his GPS can get him out of Toorak.

Its easy enough to insult agents. We are a soft target, everyones whipping boy. I'm not ashamed to be renting - not everyone can afford to own a home.

As for median prices. How immoral is it to monetize peoples homes with medians? I'm not paid to provide this information to anyone. The law allows me to withold this information and I regularly do. People who want it can get it themselves. All you greedy investor-sellers want is to "beat the median". In your greed, you cant spare a moments thought for ordinary people who just want to buy a cheap home near the sea.

As for "dual occ". I and most of my co-workers dont disclose this when selling.
Why? Do we want Frankston to be a developers paradise? No! The houses here are solid and mostly dont need demolition. I'd prefer to sell a house to an ordinary battler than to a developer who'd pull down a perfectly good building and replace it with two "townhouses"
The council acted wrongly when it rezoned much of Frankston & Frankston North. Its not what the area needs.

It is sad that you have this mindset. You are thinking like a victim, and unless you change, will always be one.

Instead of resenting people who have done well; try and emulate them and strive to be them. It's a far better life than sitting around crying about how unfair it all is and how tough it is for you.

You think I was always "with money"? You think I was born owning a property? You think I haven't rented like you?

Absolutely not; and my parents were - and still are - broke. They contributed virtually zero. Never even went to QLD for a holiday.

Whatever I've done has been all mine, starting with zero and going from there.

Whatever I've done has been all mine, starting with zero and going from there.

Good on you for having a crack, just curious, are you a baby boomer?

Reason I ask is it seems there was a real mindset change for baby boomers about 10-12 years ago. IMHO it was as a result of John Howard stating that baby boomers need to finance their own retirement and not to expect much from the government. So property is was!

On the other side of the coin this has really stuffed up first home buyers, i.e. gen x and y. I think this is where frankstonagent might be coming from. For a lot of them home ownership will always be out of reach.

But what can you do? Without negative gearing there would be a huge hole left in the rental market and the property market would collapse. :eek:

A few thoughts about this thread's direction....

If one is offended and affected by the anti-REA commentary why would you seek it out, bait those who make them and even go on twitter to check out what some imbecile with his/her latest toy is saying :confused: Are you feeding an addiction?

Why would one be so outraged or surprised at PM's from people on a property investing site, contacting a real estate agent about property deals. D'oh!

For those who are wanting to 'protect' the Frankston way of life from the evil
specufestors, then you may need to re-adjust your strategy, by running for council. Its the Frankston council and its development friendly stance that has allowed these changes to occur.

The attempts at social policy by endeavouring to sell property at reasonable prices and muting your property description is a.....well......let's say Adam Smith's invisible hand has considerable more influence than your well meaning attempts at maintaining the 'Frankston lifestyle'.

And the commentary about blaming outsiders for their ills, sounds so similar to immigration debates (past & current). Frankston xenophobia :eek: How ironic! What are you protecting? Nothing stays the same, things change and often for the better. If you disagree, then I would fight it in the arena that will give you the ability to 'right it'.

I would have thought that improving social infrastructure, facilities for the community, promoting healthy lifestyle, water activities all go hand in hand. It is not an either/or decision.

And ultimately, if you believe that the Howard era, house price growth, greedy baby boomers, negative gearing, 'housing is out reach for me' and wo is me attitude is going to help you in life, you will find yourself a long time unhappy. However, for some people, misery is their best company.

I spent 7 months living in and renovating the house, was great for getting to know the area better and mixing with the locals.
My name isn't Sam I thought yours was.

Back