Free 2014 Tx Summary + CGT

Hi all

For years I have been asked for a rental property summary schedule that helps...So this year I have delivered. Its free to all SS users. An ideal tool to complete and take to the accountant or for the DIY tax preparer.

The file is an excel spreadsheet. Apologies its in a zip file as SS doesnt accept xlsx files.

Features :
- Individual property by property schedule that matches with the ATO rental schedule.
- Special fields for tax adviser focus ie repairs, travel etc.
- Some tips and guidance
- Summary schedule that also allows inclusion of costs that arent property related - Such as trust expenses etc. Ideal for property intensive trusts.
- Property by property CGT record keeping tool

My feedback details are provided for feedback, enhancements etc.

Attachments

• 2014 IP Rental & CGT v1.zip
    49.2 KB · Views: 192
Property investors - Now is also the time to use these schedules to model 2015 tax deductions and submit PAYG Variations to get your tax on salary and wages reduced as early as possible.

I'm considering a prior year (2013), current year (2014) and future year projection (2015 year) into the schedule....Thoughts ???

Would be good to include in the cgt schedule.

1. Market value of plant and equipment on acquisition as per contract or valuation
2. Market value of plant and equipment on sale as per contract or valuation

Would be good to include in the cgt schedule.

1. Market value of plant and equipment on acquisition as per contract or valuation
2. Market value of plant and equipment on sale as per contract or valuation

Yep I considered it but see that as a split from the whole cost. I'm in two minds that it could confuse the DIY brigade. Will add to the wish list.

Thanks Paul

Whats the password to unprotect?

Its for clients sorry. I'm of the view that a later version could incorporate views of SS contributors and could be badged differently.

The spreadsheet is free and can be used while protected without loss of function. No features are disabled. Happy to address any limits that affect anyone. Its Version 1 for that reason. Changes are restricted at this time.

Gary

A simple excel password cracker will unprotect most documents. Why I stopped password protecting my spreadsheets. Just tried it and cracked in 15 seconds. But remember it is the copyright of paul

My reasons for locking it were to encourage development of it and without the ability for some DIY spreadsheet nutter to turn it into the software that flys the space shuttle in complexity with cashflow etc. Thats not its purpose.. I was consious of someone breaking links then blaming me for an arithmetical issue or changing something and its attributed to me. A simple key press and a calc can be broken. I'm also concerned that someone would want to integrate ROI and all sorts of other stuff and make it way way way too complex.. PIA does this and is a very good product. I dont want any conflict in that respect.

Locking isnt for copyright..I couldnt give a toss.

Back