Free Dymphna Boholt:: anyone going?

Could not agree more....they all seem to tug at basic human emotions and prey on the weak minded.

They make you sound like a loser if you don't sign.....

I might go to the Robert Kiyosaki one though in Sydney....sounds great and it is reasonable...about $597...I need to pay him back ..as his book got me thinking!

Have you retired from work with your LOE strategy?:D

Not big ticket price tag ones tho - IMHO the organisers of such events are purely profiteering on vulnerable naive newbies who are not aware of what else is available.

Last edited:
They make you sound like a loser if you don't sign.....

Oh Noes, not a loser:eek:

I shall think about the "winners" signing people up for courses while I drink cold rums and eat crayfish on the boat behind some tropical Isle somewhere.

No I wont

Dave

Have you retired from work with your LOE strategy?:D

Partially - still working the 10 year plan ;)

Cant let the opportunity of a life time pass by - currently looking for another 2 properties so I dont look back in a few years time on 2009 and think, if only!:eek: :)

Hey Bill feel free to come up and introduce yourself as we've chatted so often now I feel as though I almost know you! I'll be with my fellow IP-mad colleague Jane (she's blonde and short and I'm the tall brunette) - look out for us and let's hope it's a worthwhile day.

Jacque,

I will, sorry for not doing this earlier but I always work late so I don't normally have the opportunity to come to the SIG meetings.

I actually attended 1 meeting on SMSF's but didn't stay back because the mate I was with
was keen to go home.

See you there

Cheers

I went along to the Sydney seminar today so I'll write a few words about it.

I found her presentation very interesting, it had a positive spin on property (I liked that :D) and her mentorship program (costing $4K ouch, I didn't like that :eek:) and IMO it would be beneficial to newbies and to those who are interested in investing interstate but don't have the knowledge of the local markets.

The package comes with a buyer's agent who finds them cash flow +ve properties and the idea is to assist members to build a portfolio consisting of cash flow positive, plus growth assets. The buyer's agent gets a 2% commision.

Dymphna says people who sign up will be assisted in understanding property investing, and then decide where they want to be in 5 years time and to go out and make it happen.
Members will be assisted by a number of professionals to buy the right properties and to structure their portfolio correctly (at a cost).

From what I understood, they are pushing properties in QLD, VIC and NSW
and although Dymphna was repeating that Sydney prices are about to explode
their buyer's agent seemed biased towards QLD and Parts of Melbourne.

I found it interesting that she offered to include our spouce for an additional $1000 so for $5K in total, two people can join the program. (are any ladies out there willing to join in as my spouce and split the costs with me? ;) )

To property investors the cost of the mentorship program would be tax deductible and to those who are starting out now could be tax deductible through a trust structure carrying the cost forward and offseting it against future income.

It was an interesting day and although I don't believe it would help the very experienced investors, the involvement in this lady's program could provide the right environment for some people and help them take that extra step they are reluctant to take.
The whole program can be broken down to various CD's and people can buy these online but the online price is $12K for the lot.

The whole program can be broken down to various CD's and people can buy these online but the online price is $12K for the lot.

Thanks for that, just spat beer all over the keyboard and screen:eek:

Not really, but gee, seems just a tad excessive.

Dave

If I ran an operation like this, I'd price the tapes that high as well.
The aim not being to make CD sales, but to cloak the whole operation in a veil of prestige, there's valuable secret stuff here people, that only the chosen few may discover.

People who go to the intro seminars would then pay closer attention, hoping they'd get a bit of that 12k secret stuff for free...but you have to listen very very carefully.

And hey, if the CDs are that much, then the signing up is even better comparative value cos they're cheaper......and they come with the personal attention to boot....hmmm...signing up is sounding like better value every minute.

I'd expect to get about 7% of attendees to sign up. So I'd be thinking of ways to double that income......

hmmmmm???? why not only promote REAs, BAs, developers, and builders who give me kick backs?

Hey, why not even get in on the financing? get a piece of the MB com....(just have to find an MB or two burnt out doing FHB apps that never get over the line)......but I'd want a big piece of the conn...I mean comm........cos after all, I am supplying the seller and buyer....and these are highly motivated little buyers.....so the MB just has to put x's in the app templates.

Now, how to get those yields up? I know....let's rent some of these properties to employees of my mate's wife's company, but at above market value. But we'll work out a tax deduction for that....

Now that rent should fetch me a yield 15% above market value, and that should get me a 15% better purchase price ..... hmmmmm.... $3.7k extra rent gets a $55k higher sale price. hey this is looking good.

Stuff the CD sales....

Maybe we need a new thread showing price lists of the various companies willing to assist aspiring investors on their journey? :cool:

Maybe we need a new thread showing price lists of the various companies willing to assist aspiring investors on their journey? :cool:

yeah but how do you measure comparative value in a game like this?

I know...the dude that has a veiled mystique, doesn't overexpose himself by going on chat shows and free forums, and charges the most for CDs, must be the best.....otherwise the dude wouldn't have the gall to charge that much hey....

yup, sign me up with the merc dude....not the camry dude.

Mrs Propertunity & I went as well. We already had met Jacque and her partner Jane and wondered where BV (Bill) was sitting. Turns out BV was sitting right next us.:p

I agree with Bill's sentiments - good for newbie investors and also good for old heads to refresh their goal setting, review insurance coverages, meet with others of a similar mindset who don't think that it is all going to hell in a hand-basket and think now is an excellent time to buy cf+ properties that are cf+ from day 1.

Dymphna also mentioned that, in her words, there is a tsunami of a CG wave building that will start at Sydney and ripple out. Reasons were:
1. Cheap money
2. Pent up demand - 300,000 immigrants coming each year. Official figures of 133,000 do not account for expats returning in droves from recession hit o/seas locations, kiwis from NZ and foreign students with $'s to pay for education places, rents and cars etc.
3. Low vacancy rates
4. Afforbable housing (only requires 26% of household income now to service a mortgage)
5. 6, & 7. I forget (BV might have taken notes?) but you get the idea.

After reading these last posts, I am glad we decided not to attend. I did email them to say we couldn't go, so somebody else could have my two seats :D.

(I was taking my mum, because the only way my hubby would sit through something like this is with the firm application of gaffer tape, taping him to the chair, and taping his mouth shut :).)

Oh, forgot to mention, they had about 130 attendees at the SYD event. I did a count when I was standing at the back for a while (seats were uncomfortable)

6, & 7. I forget (BV might have taken notes?) but you get the idea.

Ok, heres Dympna's 7 Reasons Why Now is the Greatest Time to be Buying Real Estate in the last decade.

1/ Cheap Money
2/ Income Explosion
3/ Free Money
4/ Expanding Population
5/ Low Stock
6/ Hot Stock
7/ Buyers Market

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the write up Bill, Prop, and Rixter.. 9am-5pm is a bit long to sit through. I think the clever people on SS have been discussing these points for a while now anyway ;)

Back