Free Dymphna Boholt:: anyone going?

And you couldn't argue about it either because she doesn't take questions when she talks.
Yes, I thought that odd - but its her style - fine, she's paying. At the end of the day this free seminar was a teaser for the $4K seminar, so I guess she has to get thru the material and Q's (she did offer to answer in the break) will only slow her down.

Rixter: Thanks for the 7. points - I only took a couple of notes on the gems for me - picked up a couple so I thought worth the day as an investment in me. (I'm a big spender!)

So was she saying a better opportunity for CG or +CF????

if CG, what did she say about

- tighter credit (lvr's, genuine savings history, postcodes)

- net migration in year to sept 08 was 213k and forward projections are 180k, almost half Dymphna's figures. 180k comes from the most recent projections by the ABS, which were commissioned by the Dept of Health and Ageing. These 2007-2027 projections are extremely important to PI'ers as they are the first at the SLA level. Think I'll take Bernard Salt's view on net migration rather than Dymphna's.

- recently, no growth in sales volume/prices of mid and higher property...and the base level needed an artificial stimulus. so what is going to change over the next 6 mths to change the trend of the last 6-12 mths? it can't be interest rates because credit is being tightened in other ways to offset that.

- what income explosion? employment is rising.... hands up anyone who has had a pay rise >cpi in the last 3 mths.

I could go on but...............

maybe Dymphna is being paid by Labor to be an economic stimulus, a stimulator of consumer confidence and property prices.... :D

So was she saying a better opportunity for CG or +CF????
cf+ now, cg soon

if CG, what did she say about
CG about to be a tsunami - its building

- tighter credit (lvr's, genuine savings history, postcodes)
easy money. 20% vendor finance + 80% lender = no money down and still cf+

- net migration in year to sept 08 was 213k and forward projections are 180k, almost half Dymphna's figures. 180k comes from the most recent projections by the ABS, which were commissioned by the Dept of Health and Ageing. These 2007-2027 projections are extremely important to PI'ers as they are the first at the SLA level. Think I'll take Bernard Salt's view on net migration rather than Dymphna's.
She disputed official figures as being wrong because they did not take into account expats returning in droves from recession hit o/seas locations, kiwis from NZ and cashed up foreign students. This makes 300,000.

- recently, no growth in sales volume/prices of mid and higher property...and the base level needed an artificial stimulus. so what is going to change over the next 6 mths to change the trend of the last 6-12 mths? it can't be interest rates because credit is being tightened in other ways to offset that.
This is a unique time in history. IRs at 40 year lows. Ability to buy cf+ in Sydney - not seen in many years. Won't last forever.

- what income explosion? employment is rising.... hands up anyone who has had a pay rise >cpi in the last 3 mths.
That would be rental income.

The package comes with a buyer's agent who finds them cash flow +ve properties and the idea is to assist members to build a portfolio consisting of cash flow positive, plus growth assets. The buyer's agent gets a 2% commision.

I think I stumbled upon them by mistake. Like an idiot I clicked on a google ad offereing "FREE" details of cashflow positive property. So mugsy here signed up to get the info from the website and sure enough there were loads of cashflow positive properties for sale all over Australia. The trouble is they don't tell you where they are, all you get is a nice picture and the state. You need to become a gold member to get the full details and that costs $660 a year. If you thought that was the end of it, if you actually buy one they want another 2% commission from you as you have signed them up as your buyers agent.

I
From what I understood, they are pushing properties in QLD, VIC and NSW
and although Dymphna was repeating that Sydney prices are about to explode
their buyer's agent seemed biased towards QLD and Parts of Melbourne.

I found it interesting that she offered to include our spouce for an additional $1000 so for $5K in total, two people can join the program. (are any ladies out there willing to join in as my spouce and split the costs with me? ;) )

To property investors the cost of the mentorship program would be tax deductible and to those who are starting out now could be tax deductible through a trust structure carrying the cost forward and offseting it against future income..
The whole program can be broken down to various CD's and people can buy these online but the online price is $12K for the lot.

Thanks a lot for that Bill but F:confused:D, 12K for a pile of CD'S and number of professionals:rolleyes: to help you along the way,all with their hands out all along the way,now i can see why belly up companies like "Storm"do so well in this world people are too slack to do the hard yards,just turn up pay the fee and next you are a walking talking property multi millionare but i guess it's like any numbers game,i don't know how people like these can sleep at night..
willair

I went along to the Sydney seminar today so I'll write a few words about it.

I found her presentation very interesting, it had a positive spin on property (I liked that :D) and her mentorship program (costing $4K ouch, I didn't like that :eek:) and IMO it would be beneficial to newbies and to those who are interested in investing interstate but don't have the knowledge of the local markets.

CUT SHORT

The whole program can be broken down to various CD's and people can buy these online but the online price is $12K for the lot.

Thanks for the info Bill, I wanted to get there but looks like I didn't miss out on much.

It's always good to go over your strategy though and these seminars often set your feet running again.:)

Regards JO

I think I stumbled upon them by mistake. Like an idiot I clicked on a google ad offereing "FREE" details of cashflow positive property. So mugsy here signed up to get the info from the website and sure enough there were loads of cashflow positive properties for sale all over Australia. The trouble is they don't tell you where they are, all you get is a nice picture and the state. You need to become a gold member to get the full details and that costs $660 a year. If you thought that was the end of it, if you actually buy one they want another 2% commission from you as you have signed them up as your buyers agent.

Not an idiot Ned....still learning.

There are cashflow properties everywhere. Sometimes people don't have the time to search themselves and pay for the priveledge of someone else to do it for them.:)

Regards JO

Regardless of how much we know (or think we know) events like these can be worthwhile. Newbie investors are obviously going to gain more information etc whilst those of us who've been around the blocks a few times might refine our knowledge, pick up a few tips/ideas and get revved up if our motivation is lacking ;):D

Hey for $0 I found it great value :D
But then again I had no intention of signing up for any courses (though happy to purchase/borrow her upcoming book for approx $30) or DVD's etc. What began at $12,995 quickly moved down to $3,995 if you signed up today! (old sales technique promising savings but I'm sure if you took a week to make up your mind they wouldn't knock back your $3,995 ;))

I liked Dymphna's story- I actually found it inspiring and she gave many real-life examples of modern day positive cashflow deals, including here in Sydney, which is forecast to have a 50% new build undersupply by 2010. Stats provided by BIS Shrapnel and ABS were used to demonstrate her opinion that Sydney is entering a new phase of growth, which, coupled with 40yr low IR's and rising yields could well be an opportune time to enter the market.

I'm putting a more detailed summary of her talk over at InvestEd, for those interested. Overall, however, I found her to be a dynamic speaker with some useful tidbits even for those of us well used to PI.

Bill
Nice to finally meet you! Next time we'll have a coffee and a real chat :)

Reactions: BV
Why would you want to argue - its counter productive. Why not ask her questions in the breaks?

We could ask questions during the breaks but not many people stay around to listen and to get the facts straight.

During the presentation every1 listens so if someone dissagrees on something she says, then everyone will hear it and everyone will make an accurate judgement of the situation.

There were a couple of points worth arguing about, such as the imaginary zero rental vacancy rates for December 2008 in cities like Brisbance, Darwin, etc, which weren't zero like she said (Brissy was around 2% btw)

cf+ now, cg soon

Thanks for answering in a reasonable way.

All prediction is conjecture. Statistically, sure there are bound to be at least a few examples unfold in the future validating Dymphna's stance, though I wonder if newbies understood it that way.

What is unpalatable to me is when people who rightfully question a Dymphna's conjectures, are belittled as knowing less. That MO serves no purpose other than to affirm the cult of personality worship....something that is rank anathema to me, and no doubt to the clients of Bernard Madoff.

Regardless of how much we know (or think we know) events like these can be worthwhile.

Storm Financial clients would have thought the same while they were making money.

cf+ now, cg soon

easy money. 20% vendor finance + 80% lender = no money down and still cf+ This is beginning to sound like Henry Kayne, maybe for someone skilled enough it will be an opportunity, but i like the KISS rule (Keep It Simple Stupid). When you start having to engineer techniques, thats when you start getting into trouble. The whole GFP was originally built on techniques such as these. In their original forms, and at the start of a market growth phase they can work, but just like the GFC, they have to become more exotic to maintain the momentum. Investing doesnt have to be difficult, its only made difficult when people keep trying to persue opportunities in an area where the profit phase of the opportunity has already been exacerbated.

She disputed official figures as being wrong because they did not take into account expats returning in droves from recession hit o/seas locations, kiwis from NZ and cashed up foreign students. This makes 300,000.

This is a unique time in history. IRs at 40 year lows. Ability to buy cf+ in Sydney - not seen in many years. Won't last forever.It maybe a good time to invest in Sydney, but its not a unique time. What happens when interest rates go up???????????? And long term fixed rates are still quite high which means you cant take insurance out from a long term fixed rate (10yrs+). ie its probably a reasonable to good opportunity but its DEFINATELY not the best opportunity in 40years, that i can nearly guarantee you.

That would be rental income.

Sure go to the free seminars, extract any information that maybe beneficial to your circumstances, but from what i am hearing on this thread so far i can only come to one conclusion:

ANOTHER PROPERTY SPRUIKING/TUITION/COACHING SEMINAR in progress.

Chilliaa

What's wrong with that?

Her program doesn't suit my risk profile and it reminds me a bit of storm financials but it could suit some people who are sick of working and don't care if their cashflow assets don't appreciate in value for another 15 years.

If you buy in the right area CG will come, it's just a matter of time.
If you have equity and your city properties aren't going up in value, why not use the equity to buy cashflow assets and retire in 18 months instead of 20 years?

Ofcourse you can do this on your own or you can pay someone like her to hold your hand and to protect those assets through a trust structure.
And ofcourse there are big risks with this strategy and the more properties you have the more headaches you'll get. For example, a few $K in positive territory will be wiped out by a long vacancy or a hot water heater replacement and when you have many and old properties and in places where you can't do the maintenance yourself it can be a big headache.

Having said that, it can work for some people.
Some of Dymphna's examples were blocks of units & townhouses
which have less maintenance issues and higher yields.
Having several units together also helps with the property management.
All this sounds good in principle but it's not something I want to do.
Also, I hope interest rates stay low for a few years
otherwise this strategy could send those people bankrupt or at minimum they will be forced to go back to work.

Look, I think that is pretty much true - but I think most of the old heads went in with eyes wide open and were there just to glean a couple of ideas that might be worth considering for them - I certainly did :) Would I pay $4K for something I can get out of a few books and a forum? - NO. Would others? - some would and that's fine for them. Some ppl need a mentor and a kick along and hand-holding. At the end of the day many of thse types, I suspect, will not end up doing anything anyway, but the presenter can always use the ones who do as broke-to-success stories in her next seminar. I have no problems with that - ppl are responsible for their own actions.

easy money. 20% vendor finance + 80% lender = no money down and still cf+ This is beginning to sound like Henry Kayne, maybe for someone skilled enough it will be an opportunity, but i like the KISS rule (Keep It Simple Stupid). When you start having to engineer techniques, thats when you start getting into trouble. The whole GFP was originally built on techniques such as these. In their original forms, and at the start of a market growth phase they can work, but just like the GFC, they have to become more exotic to maintain the momentum. Investing doesnt have to be difficult, its only made difficult when people keep trying to persue opportunities in an area where the profit phase of the opportunity has already been exacerbated.

With respect, this is nothing like Henry Kaye and vendor finance did NOT create the GFC. Henry used deposit bonds fraudulently to exchange contracts on mulitiple properties and then flick them onto his seminar atttendees with markups for Henry.

What Dympna was expounding was the use of vendor finance for those ppl who had run out of equity or deposits and wanted to continue to grow their portfolio. I see no problem, if you can find a vendor agreeable (big IF), to borrow 100% of the property val - 20% vendor, 80% lender if the property is cf+ from day one under the arrangement.

IR rises is a risk that has to be managed, agreed - but that is true of all property purchases.

Back