Free Dymphna Boholt:: anyone going?

Pure Snake Oil Salesman

I got the following email forwarded to me by a friend. If people can't read between the lines and sign up to something with her, they deserve to lose their money:
(BTW, she is the Pauline Hanson of Real Estate)

Affordability...

Apparently that's why the real estate market has stalled.

The argument is quite simple, most people can't afford to drum up the deposit and on top of that pay the mortgage. Not a new challenge, I've heard all of that before - I'm sure you have too.

Now the way the media is carrying on, you would think that this has never before happened in history and that it's a new phenomena.

...all conspiring with a media-lead conclusion, that the real estate market is going to crash.

However, I beg to differ. Especially on the predictions of a real estate bust.

"Property Professionals Get Serious"
Growth & Cashflow 1-Day Intensive
dymphnaboholtlive.com

I'm going to get into that shortly, but whilst I have your attention here is something that I saw recently.

A big penthouse-style apartment of 1,600 sq. metres (that's big) sold for... are you waiting for this...?

$330 million!

Where the heck was that???

Ok, it was Monaco, no issues about affordability there.

Now you're probably saying to yourself, "Big deal. A one-off sale by some massively rich dude, so what?"

Well, I can't tell you who the buyer was because at that level they typically withhold that information... But what is interesting is that the fastest growth for the global luxury residential markets is coming out of Shanghai in China.

The increase in that city at that level was 17%!

The Chinese, with a stack of cash in the bank that they must spend is probably going to effect the top-end of the Australian market.

But I know what you're thinking... You're not in the luxury residential market.

Yep! And neither am I.

But the trend is certainly there and as our rich neighbours get even richer, the security and safety of our economy will be attractive to the Chinese investors.

It's not just the super-rich but it's the emerging middle-class ( which is huge) who will support any downward movement in Australian prices... I don't want to get into specifics because I know that for many of my subscribers it's a hot topic.

...But if you've been to an auction in the last three months in any capital city, you would see a high representation of Asians there. I've got no problem with that - it's just something that is obvious to me, especially at auctions.

I'm sorry - but it's the world we live in.

But I digress... Where was I?

"Stacks of Real Estate Bargains on the Table"
dymphnaboholtlive.com

Oh yes, affordability.

Here's why I believe the affordability issue is normal...

First of all, it seems to me that it always comes after a significant property price increase. What we've seen in the last 3 years is a big jump in prices of property. I told you 3 years ago this would happen and if you have been following me for a while, you would have made a stack load of money if you took action.

But to qualify this - our predictions of price increase was not across all area. That's not how it works.

So what happens next?

Simple.

The people who get priced out of the market because of affordability issues will become renters.

Again, the normal process a typical real estate market goes through.

According to RP Data, across all capital cities, rents have increased by 2.7% in the last 12 months.

Now that's not huge. But my prediction is in the next 12 months you're going to see similar increases if not more.

Here are a few examples of what I'm talking about:

With all of my properties, when a lease comes up for renewal the minimum increase is 10%. In some cases I've increased it by 20% and have signed up the same tenant on a 12 month deal.

Now, I don't care if they don't agree to the increase - they can move out and within 4-6 weeks I'll have a new tenant... Why? Because vacancy rates at the moment in most of the areas that my properties are about 1.5%.

Also, consider this...

Unemployment is at an historical low, which means many workers are shopping around for a better job with more pay... and they're getting it.

The RBA is concerned about this scenario, because quite simply it puts pressure on wages (on the upside) and potentially leads to inflation. The likely outcome is that wages will increase in the next 12-24 months as well as the cost of living.

So, all normal stuff to a seasoned investor.

"Australia's #1 Real Estate Educator Reveals All"
dymphnaboholtlive.com

So what should you do?

Well, there is a lot of fear in the street at the moment - and that's easy to see because right now there is probably 50%-75% more stock on the market than at the same time last year... add to that the media hype about a crash and there are a lot of nervous vendors.

...which is great news for you.

Here's what the pros are doing...

They've got their cheque-books out and looking for bargains - and I can tell you that there are a lot out there.

I picked one up the other day - it was a beauty.

I'll give you a full-blown report in the next couple of days, but what I can tell you is that I probably bought it for about $70-$100k below market in a blue-chip area in Melbourne called Brunswick. Contract price: $550,000.

It's a development site and I'll probably make $200-$300k profit once we turn it around.

But like I said, I'll get some photos and give you all the maths as a bit of a case study as to what is possible.

Now, why am I telling you all this?

Because I want to let you know that right now is a great time to buy real estate at bargain prices. I'm doing it, I know several of my friends are doing it as well.

So don't be afraid, everything that is going on at the moment is normal, it's happened in the past and will happen again in the future.

Think of a time back in mid-1995 when we experienced the same scenario. It was great buying properties back then. How many properties would you have liked to have bought back then?

Also, 2003. Another great opportunity to have picked up bargains.

It also happened recently in 2009.

We did a big song and dance about the opportunity just 2 years ago, again if you followed our lead you could have potentially made hundreds of thousands of dollars.

And today it's 2011 and there's another window of opportunity.

But let me also say this...

Not every property is a good deal. In fact, only about 5% of properties on the market that are what I call great investment opportunities.

The other 95% is crap from an investor's point of view.

You need to know the difference and you need to know what NOT to buy as much as what TO buy.

...and all that is what quality education and knowledge can bring to the table and fill in the missing links.

Don't miss this opportunity... again.

Signed with Success,

Jon Giaan
Knowledge Source

P.S. Fill in the knowledge-gaps by attending Growth & Cashflow 1-Day Intensive. Free tickets available (Value: $495) Limited to the first 200 bookings. Hurry, Hurry! dymphnaboholtlive.com

Last edited by a moderator:
normailson

We've got to read between the lines and to pickup the useful bits.

This guy's observation of the market conditions isn't necessarily innacurate.
I'm certain that some Chinese money is coming into our property markets and it is obvious that there is some fear in the property markets and probably more so in Melbourne.

I'm also certain that affordability has become an issue but there are still affordable properties around.
I don't know about other cities but in Sydney affordable property still sells so prices could go up a bit more. I've noticed though that the majority of the buyers are FHB's and they don't have big deposits so their buying options are limited.

normailson

We've got to read between the lines and to pickup the useful bits.

This guy's observation of the market conditions isn't necessarily innacurate.
I'm certain that some Chinese money is coming into our property markets and it is obvious that there is some fear in the property markets and probably more so in Melbourne.

I'm also certain that affordability has become an issue but there are still affordable properties around.
I don't know about other cities but in Sydney affordable property still sells so prices could go up a bit more. I've noticed though that the majority of the buyers are FHB's and they don't have big deposits so their buying options are limited.

Hi Bill,

My argument is that this guy actually has nothing valuable to say and is skirting around an issue. The insinuation is that the "boogeyman" is coming to get you i.e. Pauline Hanson-style - Asians at auctions somehow represent China.

"I don't want to get into specifics because I know that for many of my subscribers it's a hot topic"
Well, if you don’t want to go into it, why mention it to start with then?

"...But if you've been to an auction in the last three months in any capital city, you would see a high representation of Asians there"
So, now Asians can’t attend an auction…there’s a high representation of Asians walking around the CBD. And lots at Educational institutions too. And in my suburb too. Did it occur that there’s a lot of Asians at auctions because there are Asian Australians who have chosen to make Australia their new home?

"I've got no problem with that - it's just something that is obvious to me, especially at auctions."
No problem with what? If you have no problem with it, why single out a particular race and comment on it? If it is so obvious, it must be obvious to everyone else so why do you have to mention it? What is the underlying insinuation?
Read: “I’m not a racist BUT all Asians are.....ummm.....buying for the Chinese since not all Asians are actually Chinese.
Or is the insinuation that Asians somehow represent China?

"I'm sorry - but it's the world we live in."
Remind me again: What is it you are actually talking about? Why are you sorry?

"But I digress... Where was I?"
that was a pretty BIG and irrelevant digression without any basis of fact or analysis, now, wasn’t it?

And on tenants:

"Now, I don't care if they don't agree to the increase - they can move out and within 4-6 weeks I'll have a new tenant... Why? Because vacancy rates at the moment in most of the areas that my properties are about 1.5%"
This line says it all. I've had 1.5% in a number of areas, so what?
Mercenary behaviour - No, thanks. These are real people. I won’t sell my grandmother either.
I believe in providing equitable accommodation sustainable in the long term.

Norm

yeh the bloke waffles on like a dododery old bloke. no real point and forgetting where he was... except it's conscious and deliberate and therefore conniving

these motivational speakers seem to be a growth industry.
there are so many of them.
a clever concept.
regards

Soooo many!

I know of a wealth coach (Tony Robbins graduate, master NLP or something) who wrote a book about "Millionaires and Billionaires" but is in financial strife himself. Company in shambles but still out there teaching, like blind leading the blind.

Unfortunately there's a lot of people out there who are just naive, lazy or both and simply prey for these guys specially in these market conditions where there's a lot of uncertainty IMHO.

I sometimes go to these events to have a feel of the 'market', after all the crowd is the 'market'.

Advice from a reformed Seminar Junkie

Soooo many!

I know of a wealth coach (Tony Robbins graduate, master NLP or something) who wrote a book about "Millionaires and Billionaires" but is in financial strife himself. Company in shambles but still out there teaching, like blind leading the blind.

Unfortunately there's a lot of people out there who are just naive, lazy or both and simply prey for these guys specially in these market conditions where there's a lot of uncertainty IMHO.

I sometimes go to these events to have a feel of the 'market', after all the crowd is the 'market'.

Greetings Forumites - from a seminar veteran

After spending tens of thousands of dollars and hours in various free and paid events/seminars and having invested in almost numerous property investment "home study courses" out there - I can confirm that you guys are right - there too many of these spruikers out there and the MO is - run a Free event that could be from 1 1/2 hours up to 1 day - this leads to an up-sell into a 2-3 day event for $3K to $6,000 which then turns into an upsell for 12 mths "mentoring" from $25K to $50,000 for information that is readily available in these forums and on the net for FREE or that you can find in books and audio programmes for a fraction of the price.

Granted I have met some great people over the years and have learned a few things, the seminars have generally only served to confirm that what I have been doing was working and that I was on the right track with my own investment strategies.

I have attended around 13 Dymphna 1 day events and six of her 3 day events (paid $3300 for the first one then a small revisit fee for the others) over the last 3 years. I have also spoken to a number of her "Platinum" Grads and I am yet to be convinced that paying Dymphna or any other property spruiker $25K or more for any mentoring is worth it.

In fact surfing this and a couple of other forums I am now more convinced than ever that it is a much better idea to keep my money in my pocket and use it as a deposit for my next property deal rather than part with it for some dubious education - to me it appears that most of these spruiker's all talk about what "their graduates" have done or are doing but have very few of their own deals to discuss - seems to be very much a case of "Those who can do and those who can't teach".

From what I am seeing out in the marketplace two tier marketing is on the increase and the newbies to the property investment market are being led like lambs to the slaughter except instead of being just sold overpriced properties in Qld like during the 80's and 90's now its also taking people overseas by the busload to the US market.

Its simply a case of seminar attendee beware - do your homework and due diligence on speakers and promoters just like you should do on the properties you buy - fortunately with the net and google its much easier to do these days

cheers

After spending tens of thousands of dollars and hours in various free and paid events/seminars and having invested in almost numerous property investment "home study courses" out there - I can confirm that you guys are right - there too many of these spruikers out there and the MO is - run a Free event that could be from 1 1/2 hours up to 1 day - this leads to an up-sell into a 2-3 day event for $3K to $6,000 which then turns into an upsell for 12 mths "mentoring" from $25K to $50,000 for information that is readily available in these forums and on the net for FREE or that you can find in books and audio programmes for a fraction of the price.

Why did you keep lining their pockets?

I have learned a lot from Dymphna Boholt and the information provided at her free sessions has been invaluable. I actually feel a little guilty because I have been to many of her presentations, even a full day presentation, but have never actually signed up for any course or service she offered. In my opinion she provides good material and her trust education has saved me a packet.

Why did you keep lining their pockets?

Good Question - Why indeed ? Lots of reasons - So lets review - I first started attending seminars in the mid to late 80's lots of FREE previews to start. I suppose that I figured the paid ones would provide more detailed info and they did sometimes. Also it was a social outing for me and I could afford to go to them. And finally they became a little bit addictive - with the processes that are used you can and sometimes do get hooked.

If i think I will learn something new I will pay - I view it as an investment in my education - I sent my kids to private school you pay for that - If you go to Uni you pay for that - so paying for an education is ingrained in our society.

I have also generated a bit of money from my property investments - for example there was one idea I picked up at a seminar where I took a site with 2 houses approved on it and changed it to a house and a duplex - by increasing the yield I increased the return - that one idea paid for the seminar more than 10 times over so it has been a 2 way street sometimes.

I actually took a break from the seminar scene for a few years and on returning have found it has changed somewhat (for the worse in my opinion) The $20K, $30K to $50K mentoring programmes I think are very much a rip - there are some very good home study programmes and then there are some very ordinary ones - I have come across both.

I view it partly as the cost of education & business plus I have used seminars as a way of keeping in touch with whats happening in the market - perhaps this forum would have been a less expensive way of doing that

Trust that gives you a better understanding of way

Cheers

I have learned a lot from Dymphna Boholt and the information provided at her free sessions has been invaluable. I actually feel a little guilty because I have been to many of her presentations, even a full day presentation, but have never actually signed up for any course or service she offered. In my opinion she provides good material and her trust education has saved me a packet.

Don't worry about it Ned - she (and her promoters) have made lots and lots from the others that have signed up to go to her paid presentations and its a numbers games so they expect that not everyone will sign up - and if you got what you needed from the free event then that fine - the paid event is generally just a longer rehash of the same stuff with an up sell to the next level anyway.

The question is if these speakers are so well off and have so many millions backing them then why do they keep working so hard - running around australia running 1 day and 3 day seminars on weekends and being away from your family doesn't make much sense to me

cheers

...to me it appears that most of these spruiker's all talk about what "their graduates" have done or are doing but have very few of their own deals to discuss - seems to be very much a case of "Those who can do and those who can't teach".

As a new forumite, I am keen to experience the value of social networking within the property arena. Having primarily experienced the free seminars KeyStrageies speak sof (and worked with motivational DVDs, books, e-courses etc), it is easy for people to look at those numbers and see how you can get getted ripped off.

For those, like me, who are new to property investor forums, take a step back and do the due diligence:

• What is your money worth? Put it into the context of making a deal.
  • What does your money buy exactly? support, resources, JV financing, security, mentorship?
  • What does your community and property market need? Do you have the ability, the power and the experience to work with local councils and bodies to make real profits in a slow property cliamte?
  • Due diligence is a must - but do it sceptically. There are spruikers and there are haters too.
  • Don't get intimidated or scared by people behind the screen; discuss your thoughts and posts in real time to get a fresh, objective perspective.

This is simple my experience. Cheers Toby

The question is if these speakers are so well off and have so many millions backing them then why do they keep working so hard - running around australia running 1 day and 3 day seminars on weekends and being away from your family doesn't make much sense to me

cheers

Not responding here in regard of any presenter, any system or any specific individuals.

I know first hand that many seminar and business folks that spend what some see as inordinate time "working" isnt actually work.

It relates to their "life purpose", and they would "incomplete" without it

ta
rolf

Not responding here in regard of any presenter, any system or any specific individuals.

I know first hand that many seminar and business folks that spend what some see as inordinate time "working" isnt actually work.

It relates to their "life purpose", and they would "incomplete" without it

ta
rolf

Agree completely.

I think to clarify your statement "inordinate time "working" isnt actually work" should be followed by 'in their mind'.

Cheers

Back