Free Dymphna Boholt:: anyone going?

Thanks Dave,

I've just booked for me and the Missus but not sure if I can make it yet.

Never seen her speak before.

Cheers mate.

• Dymphna Boholt
  • Sean Summerville
  • Mark Rolton
All in Perth, Thursday night 26th MARCH 2009

Yep went today.

Was good.. picked up some new information, so was worth time spent.

Had to leave at afternoon tea break so didnt get to hear Sean speak.

• Dymphna Boholt
  • Sean Summerville
  • Mark Rolton
All in Perth, Thursday night 26th MARCH 2009

Having gone along today and not having previously seen the presenters and the wares they try to sell to their adoring public.............. I would summarise as follows:

Dymphna: very passionate and from the 'burbs'. Very enjoyable ... 8 out of 10presentation ...... I am not convinced that such great resi deals exist in Perth, but if they do great...............!

Mark Rolton: Have heard this from another presenter (science of options?? or something similar). It is obviously working for him , but personally I find him a bit a bit too slick. Basically, it is a way of leveraging of other peoples efforts to bring him the deals so I am not so convinced the 'graduate' gleans the benefit......

Sean: Last presenter on a long day has a hard act. Sincere, but his target audience were not too convinced IMHO

Having said the above it is always to see new ways of doing thiings.

The key message that was reinforced for me was the great opportunities that exist in the current market.

Dymphna encouraged Aussies (and Americans) to buy US property in 2006. CF+ you see.

Since 2006Q2, US property has fallen 26% on average. (case-shiller index)

What I don't get is if Dymphna thought CF+ property in 2006-7 was a good deal, then with property now 26% cheaper, CF+ deals there must be a hell of a lot better.

So why isn't Dymphna still pushing US property?

So why isn't Dymphna still pushing US property?
Qualification: this is my speculation only.

Dymphna did invest in the USA, and I'm highly confident that she still invests in the USA, very successfully. She went on a property buying trip as recently as a few months ago.

I suspect, from knowing some of the women involved in her previous US trips, and from having heard Dymphna speak many times, that one or both of the following factors contribute to her reduced promotion of USA investing:

1) Higher risk not well managed by less savvy investors

She realised that (unfortunately) many of the people she was teaching about US investing weren't as savvy and diligent as she is. Some of her students made ridiculous buys and got burnt, ending up with long vacancies and large capital losses. Dymphna would genuinely have been devastated that this happened, despite her excellent advice and many warnings about the traps and due diligence required. I bet she eventually realised that it didn't matter how many times she warned people to be careful, many of her students just aren't as smart as she is. :eek:

2) Differences in scale between Dymphna and her students

It's also true that it's much easier to manage a large complex of units remotely (which is what Dymphna tends to buy) than a single house, because if you own a complex you have your own staff on site, managing your asset. If you have houses, or single units in a complex, you have to rely on property managers, and PMs in the USA seem to be, on the whole, significantly less capable than they are here in Australia (true! :eek:). So what works well at Dymphna's scale, doesn't necessarily work well on a much smaller scale.

Thanks for the heads up BB.

I'm going to the SYD on on April 1st - don't know if that is signifigant? :)

I've never heard her speak b4 but you can usually pick up a gem or two which makes it worthwhile.

Hey Alan and Bill

I'm actually going too- rare day off to attend a free event :D
What have we got to lose? I usually pick up at least one or two items I didn't know or are worthy of further investigation. Must admit I don't know too much about Dymphna but I soon will.

Hey Bill feel free to come up and introduce yourself as we've chatted so often now I feel as though I almost know you! I'll be with my fellow IP-mad colleague Jane (she's blonde and short and I'm the tall brunette) - look out for us and let's hope it's a worthwhile day.

Saw the Dymphna presentation on Sydney on Mar 21 2009.

Wrote off Mark Rolton and Sean....too much drivel about how they did this and that!

Dymphna was more interesting her take was that Sydney was prime to invest. She has changed her opinion from low end regional CF+ to more major cities as some of these are CF+.

While her theories are sound....she did not factor in land tax in some of her presentations. It was directed to wide eyed newbies...I am sure a few signed up on her courses for $3995.:rolleyes:

Was entertaining but did not offer much for me!

The Christian bit always gets me...when people use this as a "crutch" in Dymphna language ....I always run a mile!!:p

What were people thinking....whilst I went to the seminar, there was no way I was coughinh up 4K!

I believe I am already doing her most important strategy which is CF+.

The no money down deals....welll I am investigating that already.

Having said that...I did pay for one course ...a Peter Spann one (about $400) many years ago.

Now pick up things by ready and trying them out.

What about you Rixter...I am presuming you have done the Navra course ...any others??;)

Why not sash??

Sounds great sash.

Yeah I've done a 1 to 3 day course or two over the years. ;) Even attended one in Syd!

Not big ticket price tag ones tho - IMHO the organisers of such events are purely profiteering on vulnerable naive newbies who are not aware of what else is available.

I believe I am already doing her most important strategy which is CF+.

The no money down deals....welll I am investigating that already.

Having said that...I did pay for one course ...a Peter Spann one (about $400) many years ago.

Now pick up things by ready and trying them out.

What about you Rixter...I am presuming you have done the Navra course ...any others??;)

Back