FREE FOXTEL for 6 Months!

Got your attention?

Thought I might share a tip that has served me well recently. Many of our rental managements are in areas of high supply and low, slow demand. Trying to rent a brand new 2 bed, 2 bath, 1 LUG when there are 30 other brand new, identical units in the surrounding blocks can be very challenging.

One trick that we have used successfully in the past is by luring tenants in with the offer of free Foxtel for 6 months. It seems to grab the attention of potential tenants, and whilst it is often the same cost to the owner as offering 'first week's rent free', it does seem to work more effectively in some cases, AND seems less desperate.

What we do is have the tenant connect Foxtel in their own name at the property, then just calculate the cost of the basic Foxtel plan for 6 months, and give them either cash or rent credit for this amount.

Might be worth a shot if you are stuck for ideas, and in a slow area.

Matt

Good idea.

We've had quite a few clients in similar situations put a flat screen TV in an apartment. Those things have come way down in price (and they're depreciable, of course) and it sets their property apart from dozens of identical properties.
Scott

Good idea.

We've had quite a few clients in similar situations put a flat screen TV in an apartment. Those things have come way down in price (and they're depreciable, of course) and it sets their property apart from dozens of identical properties.
Scott

I think the flat screen tv is a great idea. Just make sure you bolt it to the wall much less chance of having problems that way.

Years ago I owned an apartment in a big complex. We had a strata vote to see if people would pay ~ $400 each to get foxtel coax cabled into every unit. I thought it was a great way of making it stand out from the hundreds of other apartment complexes nearby. When the strata vote came around it only just got enough votes to pass. Too many PPR pensioners...

That was in 2003. Probably should have added cat 5 cable/RG6 FTA coax as well then it would be NBN/digital TV ready now also...

Back