How to turn any market conditions into making profits

Ring 02 8877 0365 during business hours to register
You must mention this site (Somersoft) to go for FREE
or else there would be a $55 charge at the door

Regards
Jerry

Last edited:
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the seminar dates. One question that relates to due diligense on behalf of the members here -

What is the agenda for staging the seminars if you are offering them for free to somersoft members?

Cheers

Oh well Jamie all i can say is that the words speak for itself just turn up on the night and check it out for yourself

BTW Rix i can take the FREE off and just charge $55 for it if you want me to

Hi Jerry,

Seeing its a 300km round trip from where I live I thought Id ask a few questions before I made the journey.

Rixter and I both asked serious questions and you seem to have made no attempt to answer either of them.

(1) If you are letting people in for free, how are you making money from the evening?

(2) During the evening will you be advertising your services to attendees for a fee, or asking them to sign up to more expensive seminars?

Thanks,

Jamie.

Hi Jerry,

No need to take free out mate, but I do need you to answer my question because it appears you have overlooked answering it the first time round. Im sure it would be an oversight as a deliberate mistake to do so would not involk good creditibility issues on such an event.

What is the agenda for staging the seminars you are offering?

Cheers

The 3 hrs seminar will lead to a 3 days seminar
If you see the value in it you can sign up for it and go to the 3 days
Basically it is not a hard sell at all on the night
the seminar sells itself

Have you ever work between 4 to 6 hrs per week and make 52K per year every year without fail?

I have already outline that what will be covered on the night of the 3 hrs which is very detail compare to other presenters.

1. I'm actually losing money on the night for those people that goes for FREE.

2. If people are impressed enough with it to sign up for the 3 days seminar.

Rix and Jamie noone is twisting your arm to ask you to sign up.

Regards
Jerry

Originally posted by Jamie
Hi Jerry,

Is this free seminar a teaser for a more expensive 3/4 day seminar?

Jamie

Umm Jamie, when has a free 3 hour seminar NOT been a teaser for another seminar.

I'd hope the presenter values marketing enough that they have to give valuable information so people will tell their friends (and NOT tell them it's a waste of time).

Occassionally a presenter will use the opportunity to Doom and Gloom people into signing up. But that rarely works long term.

Basically I'd go if the material seemed interesting. If I learn only one thing in a free 3 hour seminar that saves or makes me money it's time well spent.

I walk into stores "just browsing", the shopkeepers know how it works. You obviously know how 3 hour seminars work, I don't see a problem there.

Regards

Paulzag
Dreamspinner

Thanks Paul Zag

i agree on what you say

Quote:

Umm Jamie, when has a free 3 hour seminar NOT been a teaser for another seminar.

I'd hope the presenter values marketing enough that they have to give valuable information so people will tell their friends (and NOT tell them it's a waste of time).

Occassionally a presenter will use the opportunity to Doom and Gloom people into signing up. But that rarely works long term.

Basically I'd go if the material seemed interesting. If I learn only one thing in a free 3 hour seminar that saves or makes me money it's time well spent.

I walk into stores "just browsing", the shopkeepers know how it works. You obviously know how 3 hour seminars work, I don't see a problem there.

Regards

Paulzag
Dreamspinner

Thanks for your comment Paul
I would like you and your partner to turn up and see for yourself if its worth it for the night.

This could be the last time that you will be able to read this post cos Asy is going to delete it if i don't tell them the price of the seminar

What a JOKE

"Time is all that we have and time is running out"

Regards
Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I think Im a patient, fair & equitable man but Ill give you the benifit of the doubt just to quall any ideas that i have not given you a fair & just opportunity to answer.

I will ask you one more time - How much is the 3 day course??

Do you think your doing your creditbility some injury by not answering this basic due diligense question I am asking on behalf of the somersoft members?

Rixter,
Hey, he obviously doesn't want to/isn't going to tell you the price okay? So just let it go. It's not helping anyone to keep hindering him for it. Also, if Jerry's accusation that Asy is threatening to delete the thread if he doesn't cough up a price is true, then that is ridiculous and bullying.
Asy, if this is indeed what you are doing, then lay off, eh? Jerry has the right to advertise his free/$55 seminar without getting hassled or stepped on by forum cops.
There were some good points made in the cashbond thread about this forum becoming very cliquey. This thread is the perfet example of such nonsense. I mean, it has now gotten to the stage where I was fully expecting to see posts from people being negative towards Jerry's original post.
It seems that some forum members can't wait for posts like Jerry's to come up so they can jump all over them. I am not singling out those that have posted replies here, there are a number of people that do this.
So that's my beef. Just wanted to get that out. This forum used to be a good way to let others know about your own activities without getting shouted down or have your posts cut out.
Rixter, do you charge rent on your properties? If so, then you have no right to try and call out Jerry, cause he's just trying to make some money. Nothing wrong with that. Whatever he chooses to charge is his business. People can choose to pay it, or they can choose not to. It's up to them.
Remember, to most people in society, your a greedy scumbag landlord who dares to charge people money for living in his house(s). But are you a greedy scumbag? I think not. Maybe ya might want to give Jerry the benefit of the doubt too.

Mark
'no hat, some cattle (but the herd is growing)'

Mark, Jerry,

I havent once questioned Jerry's or anyone else for that matter right to make a living, have I?

I am asking a simple basic due diligense question that anyone has the right to ask - do you ask this very question as part of your due diligense?

Re: your comment about me giving Jerry the benifit of the doubt, I think you may need to read my last post a little closer in relation to this matter- havent I already address it?

And Jerry its obvious you are evading answering this basic question Im asking on behalf of the forum members and it appears you dont intend answering. From my observations sometimes its what someone does not say that makes more of an impact , than a straight forward answer in the first instance ;)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Rixter
I am asking a simple basic due diligense question that anyone has the right to ask - do you ask this very question as part of your due diligense?

Rixter I disagree.

I run a Book, Toy and Gift wholesale/distribution company. I'll happily run the numbers of a Distributor deal with you. But only once I meet you in person. Nothing will get me to discuss my business processes in an open forum like this. I don't think participation stretches that far.

Jerry has offered to waive the $55.00 cost to anyone who identifies themselves from Somersoft Forum. If you think that is cheap marketing, try renting a hotel ballroom one day.

Nobody thinks he is doing that just because he loves us all. But he is not promoting the 3 day event here.

Jerry has the right to present the value proposition of the 3 day event in the best light. Being bullied or guilt-tripped into premature discussion is not reasonable. If he posted an invitation to 3 days of Jerry then I'd expect disclosure. I think people can ask for more info on the 3 hour event.

I know nothing about it beyond what Jerry's posted. If I can arrange baby-sitting I'll be there (Nella has a prior appointment).

Due Dilligence is something every single investor should do. And it should not be left to groupthink and forum consensus. Most of my profits are made by moving against the herd. The greatest risk to this forum currently is becoming the herd. At least it congregates somewhere nice where I can find it.

Regards

Paulzag
Dreamspinner

Hmmm... not exactly sure whether there are two separate forces at work here...

I asked the original question for a couple of reasons:

(1) I live a 300km round trip away, so getting to the seminar is difficult to begin with,

(2) My car is being repaired and I am without it for the next week, so attending the seminar would mean 6 hours on a train or hiring a car for a day

(3) I work on both Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so I would have to take half a day off work without pay.

None of these are a problem for me... Quite the opposite in fact. Like Paul, I have attended many 3 hour seminars and learnt at least something form each of them. I asked simply because I was trying to guage whether the seminar was a stand alone evening where the presenters made their money from attendees using their brokerage/advising services, or whether is was a teaser for a more expensive weekend/3 days intensive seminar.

I have been to many seminars (as would most of you) where the information is along the lines of "Here are a couple of secrets etc etc, but if you really want to know how to do it, come along to our 3/4 day seminar"...

Jerry posted some information on a seminar, I asked what I thought were pertinent questions relevant to arriving at my decision. My original post asked him whether there was a longer seminar advertised at the 3 hour one... he replied by ignoring the question and telling me Id have to turn up to find out. I personally didnt belive that was the answer to my question, so I asked again. End of my involvement in the thread.

Mark: Not sure who your post was directed at (hope it wasnt me :p), but Id advise caution with using sweeping statements like:

It seems that some forum members can't wait for posts like Jerry's to come up so they can jump all over them...

and ...

Jerry has the right to advertise his free/$55 seminar without getting hassled

Weren't you always the first to jump on people offering "free" tickets to Henry Kaye seminars?

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=26961#post26961

Best wishes,

Jamie :p

Last edited:
If theres no problem with the price of the 3 day seminar, why doesnt he post it on here. As stated by someone else previously, I think Jerry's missed his chance and his credibility (or the seminar's) has now suffered.

If someone is offering things people maybe have to pay for, potential punters want to see transparency and honesty. Im not saying Jerry's dishonest but whats the problem with putting the price on here.

Here here, Paul Zag

"If I learn only one thing in a free 3 hour seminar that saves or makes me money it's time well spent."

An opportunity to learn - sounds good to me.

Opportunites are presented to us every minute of the day and they all come with risks attached - but you'll never know if you never go!

Julie

Hi all,
I'd go along if I could, because it would be better entertainment than sitting at home and watching the TV.
Jerry, will people have time to question you,in public, at the seminar, about some of the strategies you suggest??
Like " Why covered calls and not shorting puts that has same risk profile but lower costs??"

bye

I find this thread both funny and distrubing...

Jerry has posted up about a seminar, which is great. And the first thing that he gets jumped on about is "Whats His Agenda?". A very negative start to replies and it goes down hill from there.

The funny thing is, at no stage has anyone as Jerry questions like:
Who is the speaker?
What is the speakers back ground?
Is the speaker qualified to talk about this subject?
Is the seminar covered under the FSRB?
etc
etc
etc...
Aren't these the best sort of questions to ask to find out if a seminar is worth attending?

The disturbing thing about the thread is the "cop mentality" which is now prevelant on this forum. I have been an active forum member on this somersoft forum since December 1999 and there are only a handful of us originals still posting here.

Since December 1999 up until this new forum was introduced the Somers (wonderful people that they are) only ever had to delete 2 posts. Yes that is right only 2 posts in nearly 3 years of the old forums (and I think both posts were from Eric Snow, colourful person that he was with his posts.... Not...). How many posts have been removed since this new forum was started?

Now with this new forum people are being privately being threatened that their posts will be removed. I do not see anywhere within the forum regulations that the post Jerry put up broke those regulations.

Anyway, I'm sure that this post will be berated by some, if not fully deleted, but alas sometimes the truth hurts. I think that it is time for some people to open their eyes a bit wider to the world.

Cheers
Robert

Hi

Well said PaulZ/Robert. Going off comparable 3 day seminar options trading courses, I estimate the 3 day seminar will cost $10k upwards? Now, knowing that figure, are the doubters going to attend?

If you have never purchased or written an option - let alone know what an option is - i would suggest a free 3 hour seminar could be very beneficial.

But be prepared for the usual spiel about how one can make a motza on the options market, that one can trade options risk free and that losing is impossible (if you follow his strategy/purchase his software blah blah blah) I can assure you that the best and most profitable options trader NEVER have that mentality. If anything, they usually have the opposite mentality.

I hope Jerry's presenter can present with a bit more integrity than other options presenters that i have heard.

cheers
WB

Back