French provincial townhouses

Interested in building townhouses in this style.. Does this generally cost more eg. Mansard roof etc.

Looking for some recommendations for architects in melb who can do this style.

I'm using a mansard style roof for the 3rd floor of Highgate apartments to reduce the appearance of height and make it look like 2 stories plus a loft.

Mine is a modern interpretation - not provincial - with balconies jutting out in a cubic way rather than dormer windows.

I would expect that a mansard roof would cost more as it's a bit more complicated than a skillion or std gable especially if you put in dormers.

However if you are using it to gain more space then the increase in value will pay for it.

Interested in building townhouses in this style.. Does this generally cost more eg. Mansard roof etc.

Looking for some recommendations for architects in melb who can do this style.

Does it cost more? Depends on what you are comparing it to. If you are comparing this style to your stock-standard townhouse, then generally yes due to having more decorative, ornamental elements (specific-styled windows, extensive mouldings, masonry-like cladding etc) and if true to its nature, this usually means higher floor-to-floor heights.

Back