Also, she has just paid a whole months rent just two days ago.
Should she get her month rent and bond back in this scenario? The property is still in perfect condition.
I have tried calling a few times however I appreciate you're busy and was asked to email.
First, I like to apologise about the subletting situation, I was not aware of what was going on. I'm helping <friend> with this and I intend to make good and do the right thing.
I understand you have told her to move out within 48 hours (by 2/5?). The apartment was steam cleaned yesterday and some of the furniture was moved out. The bulk of the furniture will be moved out on Saturday, this is the earliest we could arrange. For what it's worth I saw the apartment last night and it looks to be in excellent condition.
Could you please have one of your staff email the notice to vacate to me or let me know how I can get it? <Friend> needs it as proof to cancel prior commitments (utilities, etc).
Also, here are <Friend's> bank details for remainder of the $1,320 months rent in advance paid on the 26/4 to be credited.
I understand your team will need to do a final inspection before we know what happens with the bond.
Read, there are two times immediate notice can be given.
Would AirBNB and not being able to vet the potential renters be classed endangering the neighbours?
Further, is there anything about changing the class of the property from standard residential to boarding house situation? Health/Fire code?
And does it allow immediate eviction or 'evacuation'?
She still has the keys and plans to hand them in today, although I'm not sure if she should do this until the situation is resolved (or at least the PM has responded in some way - the only communication we've had so far is the 'you've got 48 hours to get out' phone call on Thursday). We don't want to hold the keys but we'd prefer to sort this out with them rather than have to take things further.
Just tried to call your office again with no success.
As per your request to vacate I wanted to let you know we are moving the rest of the contents out today. We will be ready to hand in the key (to use today as the end date for the rent refund calculation).
Please do reply back via phone or email in regards to my previous questions. We've worked out <friend> will be up for at least $500 in cancellation fees so we really need the notice to vacate.
Maybe you could say something along the lines of you will make a time to return the keys when they have all the appropriate paperwork ready for you to collect.
I was thinking of following up with a final email along the lines of 'as agreed today, we have handed back the keys and will use today as the final move out day for the purposes of calculating rent refund'. Not sure to mention about how the 48 hour move out was illegal or not. Thoughts?