FRIEND or FOE ?

To do the quotes; hold down the left click on the mouse and highlight the section you want to quote, and then move the cursor up to the icons at the top of the post. The third one from the right is the quote tags icon - looks like a "speech bubble" with an arrow (like you see in comics) and is shaped like a sheet of paper with a bit of writing on it, coloured yellow.
Thanks for that! I am still fine-tuning my forum skills:rolleyes:
I think we are starting to talk about two different things here. Player started a thread about "mindset" but most of the negative replies have been about "gurus", "seminars" and the like.

Everyone has a "mindset" they just might call it their "life philosophy",or "personality". Even Evand saying just get in there and do it is his mindset. The point, I think, is that not everyone is wired the same way Evand and maybe yourself are. You guys are lucky , if by fate or happenchance, you were born with that attitude BUT not everyone is. And for us poor schlubs that aren't, if we want to get ahead, we need to do some work on ourselves.

In the same way that some folk are naturally good at sport, should they denigrate those that aren't good but that are practicing, trying to improve?

Or a smoker that gave up cold turkey telling someone who is using patches that "it is just a rip off, I went cold turkey, just do it". Maybe patches are a marketing ploy put out there to rip you off but if it helps some quit and they live longer , healthier lives.............

Maybe seminars are a rip off IF it helps someone to change their attitude AND get off their butt and become financially free.....maybe even change their "mindset"..then don't they have a value?

I know for myself that I would never have achieved what I have achieved without a change in my mindset. I thought you were born, went to school, went to uni, got a good job, bought a house, paid it off, saved a little, put it in term deposits(OMG) and retired onto the pension and died. That was it. That was my lot in life and it was unchangeable. That is what everyone in my family did (and my siblings are still doing).

The only book I ever read before my "change" was Noel Whittacker, and whilest it is a fabulous book I only perceived it as a way to have a slightly nicer retirement at 65. I never even considered that it could be used to retire early, to me that just didn't exist. you worked until 65 that was it. Everyone did as far as I was concerned.

The thing that changed me (and I can hear you groaning already:p) was joining amway. As I said in the other thread, we never made any money in it BUT I was exposed to the concept of EARLY RETIREMENT, wow can you really do that?????
and
FINANCIAL FREEDOM...what no pension? I can retire when I decide on the amount I want???? are these people for real??????

This Robert Kiyosaki guy says I can invest, Me???? an Investor????? nah!...but maybe I can have a go at something....maybe buy a share(will they let me?) I'll pick a little one hmmm Sausage software sounds cute (yes, that was my share picking strategy:D) 1000 at 33cents I can risk that much.
OMG OMG OMG! they let me buy a share! I thought people like me didn't do that!!!

ride the dot com boom and sell half for 2.56! wow even someone like me can make extra $$$. I liked that RK book what about some others.......Hans Jakobi...richest man in Babylon...heaps through amway (can't think of the titles) each one chipping away at the old me and helping create the new me.

It changed my mindset.:)

it worked it worked!!!

Back