From little jobs, big jobs grow!

You could write a song about it. :D

The lady wanted a new toilet seat for her tender behind, but the cistern is old plastic too so I bought a new suite. When the plumber finished, the holes in the gyprock showed so I filled those and a poor repair after a toilet roll holder had been replaced.

Thinks: I'll buy a new holder and fix THOSE holes too. Now I'm painting the little room. OK, it ain't big but it is awkward. :(

This is happening to me a lot lately.

I work as a consultant and have about half a dozen regular customers. They all started with one small job - a couple of days of work - and I'm still working there years later. One site I've been doing one day a week for 6 years and am the longest serving member of their IT team :)

Jason

You could write a song about it. :D

The lady wanted a new toilet seat for her tender behind, but the cistern is old plastic too so I bought a new suite. When the plumber finished, the holes in the gyprock showed so I filled those and a poor repair after a toilet roll holder had been replaced.

Thinks: I'll buy a new holder and fix THOSE holes too. Now I'm painting the little room. OK, it ain't big but it is awkward. :(

This is happening to me a lot lately.

Worst room in the house to paint, IMO! :( Last coat tomorrow! :cool:

Quit and walked out of the worst coy in the world to work for, phone rang and girlfriend asked if I had contacted a friend of hers who wanted a little job done. Did that myself then contacted another big appointment to say sorry, left company and couldnt do it, they panicked and said please, did that one and that was the start of my own very successful company in commercial interior fit out and design.

Always when renovating ... one most recently ... needed to replace some leaking roof iron - which led to removing some rotten facade - which led to taking off some wall panels to assess the damage - which led to propping up the corner of the roof to replace support posts - which led to removing rotten base plates ...

Back