front garden

My IP has a front garden area of around 5 x 4 m of sandy dead grass. Its in Armadale WA.
I'd like to make it an easy care garden or area where tenants don't need to do anything but it will still present well.

I was thinking of putting down mulch with heaps of drought resistant plants. A few round pavers to break it up. Perhaps some clumping bamboo for shade in a long container.

The other side of the driveway are 2 large trees with shade so that area is ok.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Just make sure it's done properly so weeds don't come through it. Mulch or gravel/rocks works well.

The alternative is some fake grass but it costs quite a bit inc laying. Sometimes I see some offcuts on gumtree at good prices.

This is just my opinion, however I find fake grass horrible. I've seen it on some really nice 2 storey homes and it's totally ruined the image they are trying to present.

found some raised garden beds that are like tanks. Thinking of putting 3 of those in and then the perennials in there and bark to walk on. No mowing and the plants don't get destroyed.

Probably just end up mulching the area with bark and putting some big stepping stones through the area and a few natives along the fence line.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Back