Frustrated by The total lack of regard - Police will not act

1) Ring traffic admin at council or town clerk

2) Police can issue PIN but generally don't anymore

3) Touching someones car can end up with you being charged for tampering with a motor vehicle (also includes slipping notes under wipers) which is why most PINS are in plastic bags or have a small tape to adhere to windscreen.

4) Ask for a no standing or no parking sign to be erected. You may have to pay costs.

5) Put some witches hats out as an indication where access to the driveway starts.

6) Paint tow away zone on road but check with cancel first.

7) Check for council bylaws that allow you to call a tow truck to have it towed away.

8) Leave an old lawn mower there. (no one wants to park where they might get there car damaged)

Make up a sign and sticky tape it on "I AM A PEDOPHILE"
This doesn't damage the vehicle (in case they catch you and take you to court)
They won't stay long after that.

Hang on now Marc you are just trying to drum up business:D

It had occurred to me after we had not one but TWO cases of this exact scenario at our shop over the last coupla months. :)

One was a 4WD with all 5 tyres spiked (the spare was on the outside) and one just 4 days ago - a normal sedan.

You called the cops on this! You've got to be joking.

They'll only book him for obstructing traffic but only if he causes an accident.

Andy maybe you should come out without looking and crash into someone. That way you'll make him pay. :D

You'll pay more ofcourse but that's another issue...

If you got a delivery from a truck and he was to accidentally wipe that car out,you could not get in trouble because the other car was parked illegally,

I would offer to use my truck if I was in the area?:D

Same thing used to happen to a friend of mine.

What I recommended to him worked. :D

Go and find the biggest rock you can and place it on the road where the cars park.

Most people seem either too lazy or too busy to get out of their cars to move it, and will most likely drive on to look for another spot.

HINT : Cover the rock in honey, super glue, what ever etc so if they do get out the car and try to move it, they are left with a "sticky" surprise that will "stick" in their minds for next time ;)

Cheers

Mick

HINT : Cover the rock in honey, super glue, what ever etc so if they do get out the car and try to move it, they are left with a "sticky" surprise that will "stick" in their minds for next time ;)
Cheers
Mick

Haha that's funny, I'd like to see them trying to move a huge superglued rock :D

Excellent idea! Who knows where you can buy a pack of these things?

no idea where you get them in australia
we used to get them from scrap metal storage places when we were kids

i think i've seen them in some stores over here, either toys or some cheap store

Why not park your own car there, or put it there in the morning?

Is it the same person each morning, or different vehicles?

Hi,

Firstly, IMO it is not a police matter, it is a a council matter in NSW. I would be visiting my local alderman, with photos, and ask them to arrange for the parking ranger to monitor all unit driveways in the area.

If it is the same person each day then I would be leaving a note warning them that any damage done by vehicles leaving the unit driveway is not claimable on insurance.

If all that failed I would buy some white paint and paint lines on the road to show that this particular spot is only big enough for two cars. Hopefully when people park in the right places they will take up the generous allowance in those marked and shut out the squeezy.

You could also consider creating with your paint brush, two car spaces then shading the road with stripes tapering into your entry way.

HTH

There are already lines on the road but this vehicle has ignored them.

I was just wondering if any of the three cars are "regulars". If so, could you put notes on the screens (or try to engage them when they arrive) of one of the "regulars" asking that they please park in that problem spot so that it solves the problem. If they park right up to the white line you have drawn, then another car cannot try to squeeze in.

I know how frustrating this is. Our neighbours have a once a month meeting at their house and we have cars squeeze both sides of our drive, plus across the road. It is hard enough for me to navigate backing out with two vehicles partialy blocking our drive, giving me a tiny space to back through, but with my son learning to drive right now, it annoys me that should he scrape a vehicle, his excess will set him back a long way.

It is just ignorant and of those things that just doesn't need to happen.

I reckon if his car was scraped, he would be the first to jump up and down.

Hi,

Aha, yes so there is already white lines, ignore that bit :)

Maybe you could move the middle white line back a bit so that the driver needs to be closer to your white line to fit into the space.

This would make the other space bigger and they could park on the other end, not on your end

Another alternative would be to paint a white hatching between the two white lines marking your driving entry. By that I mean you actually drive across a white hatched area when leaving your property.

I sympathize. This guy (or gal) is obviously doing this out of spite now. His level of socialization and general intelligence is low......There's easy ways and hard ways to learn we are a social animal and our wellbeing is dependent on social contracts. The police and councils do not understand this, which is why I think they are failing to fulfill their contractual duty to us to enforce what we outsource to them.

I say this guy has deliberately chosen to learn the hard way.

I've PM'ed you some ways to give him some hard love. :)

Hi All

Bit of a frustration today which unfortunately is repeated with regular monotony.

Our unit blocks are very close to the shopping centre and station and as a result parking is at a premium. Then to make the matters worse the area in front of this block is larger than 2 car parking spots but not big enough for anything but 3 very small cars. What is means is that when 2 cars park people think that a third car can squeeze in. Unfortunately they end up hanging across the driveway as per the pic

P1010108.jpg

P1010110.jpg

P1010107.jpg

We have left notes, we have verbally abused them, we have sent them on their way (when we catch them just parking).

So today I thought I would call the police to get them booked so at least this person would learn not to park across a driveway.

Well the Police came (I wasn't there at the time) and went without booking them as in his estimation they weren't blocking the driveway. Whatthe

It was actually impossible to turn left and when we left with trailer hitched we had to turn right and go around the block.

Obviously I sppoke to the Constable and I offered to leave my vehicle parked across his driveway. He then says "Yeah no worries" :eek: at which point I told him that was BS (some more words were said) and he hung up on me.

Spoke to the Supervisor. He just indicated that it was really a council matter and the area should be sign posted. Yes, I agree, but for my own reason I don't want council involved just at the moment.;) To divert me he then starts telling me how they can't even manage their own parking lot.

I would have thought that the car as indicated was a simple violation warranting a ticket and another parker has learned his/her lesson.

So for those in the know what if anything is the offense that this driver has perpetrated by parking across part of the driveway. Also do the police still issue parking tickets or is this seen as a menial job not worthy of their effort.

I have in the past spoken to parking rangers about diverting from their current round to book other wayward parkers elsewhere (same offense different place) but their response was 'not on my round'.

Cheers
Not much you can do,the same happens in inner Brisbane you can leave a note saying the you intend to bring a cement truck each day for the next 2 weeks,and could you please park down the street,i would not touch the car in any way,just going to bring bad luck on yourself,btw
just looking at the letterboxes,and looking at those numbers must bring a smile on your face,16 rental payments each by 52 looks good..good luck willair..

Leave dead yabbies, crabs or other creek/river creatures in water for a week or two till you can smell the water from 3 meters, then spray on cars taking special care to get water in through vents, doors and windows :).

Make it look like you're spraying weeds by holding a rake when doing this :D.

I think the offence is 'across a driveway' (as opposed to 'on a driveway').

If you highlight to council that this is parked in a DANGEROUS position (ie you can't see oncoming traffic or something of the sort when trying to exit the driveway)...they will act really quickly. They hate the threat of public liability. May also be obstructing an emergency vehicle like a fire truck or ambos that couldn't easily access the property...

Contact your council...the officers that come out probably couldn't give a hoot about your building works & probably wouldn't even notice as their job is traffic. The traffic dept should have to log every complaint & provide you with an 'outcome' of their investigations.

They may give a warning ticket first & then return & book the vehicle if it's found offending again. And like someone else here mentioned, they love easy tickets!

Not sure if it's the same there as in Melb but line markings like these are not enforceable and are only a guide as to where to park.

Again, like others have suggested, a metre or two length of wood left on the road near the kerb will deter many people from parking there.

Good luck :)

Back