Frustrated by The total lack of regard - Police will not act

Happens to me all the time - I don't mean flour over the car, but partial blockage of the driveway. It never really bothers me - I accept it as part of living in the inner west.
But I can see this has really got your dander up, Andy - despite the fact that you don't live there.
The council and the police aren't ever going to be of any use with little things like this.
Damaging the cars is pretty silly and only going to get you into strife eventually. One day someone will catch you and these things escalate pretty quickly. You'll either end up getting hauled off by the police, or by an ambulance.
You mentioned that the line discouraged quite a few people? Google 'precast concrete kerbs'. They would come in sections. Put them where the painted line is. Even one with a low profile (125mm?) would do the trick I bet there are ones that come with holes so you can anchor them to the road.
Of course, anchoring something to the road might upset the council, but chances are they won't notice. If somebody drove over it and damaged their car and they knew who put it there, I guess you could be in strife.
Scott

Happens to me all the time - I don't mean flour over the car, but partial blockage of the driveway. It never really bothers me - I accept it as part of living in the inner west.
But I can see this has really got your dander up, Andy - despite the fact that you don't live there.
The council and the police aren't ever going to be of any use with little things like this.
Damaging the cars is pretty silly and only going to get you into strife eventually. One day someone will catch you and these things escalate pretty quickly. You'll either end up getting hauled off by the police, or by an ambulance.
You mentioned that the line discouraged quite a few people? Google 'precast concrete kerbs'. They would come in sections. Put them where the painted line is. Even one with a low profile (125mm?) would do the trick I bet there are ones that come with holes so you can anchor them to the road.
Of course, anchoring something to the road might upset the council, but chances are they won't notice. If somebody drove over it and damaged their car and they knew who put it there, I guess you could be in strife.
Scott

Great idea Scott!

i wouldn't put the concrete piece in there, as it might damage someone's car or even cause an accident, especially at night. guess who'll be liable.

Back